Jump to content

curious about this


Recommended Posts

Can somebody who experiences sexual attraction be asexual? I've heard that some experience sexual attraction and still identify as asexual because they have no desire to have sex. What are your thoughts on this? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
GingerRose
10 minutes ago, Kitty S said:

Can somebody who experiences sexual attraction be asexual? I've heard that some experience sexual attraction and still identify as asexual because they have no desire to have sex. What are your thoughts on this? 

The desire to have sex and to have sexual attraction are two different things. Weird right?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, GingerRose said:

The desire to have sex and to have sexual attraction are two different things. Weird right?

Whats the difference... /gen

Link to post
Share on other sites
GingerRose
4 minutes ago, Ezoodle said:

Whats the difference... /gen

Well, I myself, do not experience sexual attraction.

But I do desire shared and reciprocated sexual pleasure between my partner and I . By pleasure, I mean both getting turned on together.

So I may desire sex, just for the shared pleasure, as lots of asexual people would desire sex for their own reasons.

But sex, sexual organs, nakedness, any of that, I feel no attraction towards.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GingerRose said:

Well, I myself, do not experience sexual attraction.

But I do desire shared and reciprocated sexual pleasure between my partner and I . By pleasure, I mean both getting turned on together.

So I may desire sex, just for the shared pleasure, as lots of asexual people would desire sex for their own reasons.

But sex, sexual organs, nakedness, any of that, I feel no attraction towards.

Confuzled-

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, GingerRose said:

The desire to have sex and to have sexual attraction are two different things. Weird right?

Yep... Very weird and very confusing

 

2 minutes ago, Ezoodle said:

Whats the difference...

If sexual desire is like wanting to eat food, then sexual attraction is like wanting to eat a specific type of food. Hope this analogy helps.

Link to post
Share on other sites
MarRister
22 minutes ago, GingerRose said:

Well, I myself, do not experience sexual attraction.

But I do desire shared and reciprocated sexual pleasure between my partner and I . By pleasure, I mean both getting turned on together.

So I may desire sex, just for the shared pleasure, as lots of asexual people would desire sex for their own reasons.

But sex, sexual organs, nakedness, any of that, I feel no attraction towards.

I'm curious how you define sexual attraction for yourself.

 

You don't desire sex with just anyone, but a specific partner, so what is it about them that makes you think you will want to desire sex with them?

 

That reason, or draw, to want to have sex with that person over someone else is what I equate sexual attraction to, so just a bit confused on what that means to you. Sexual attraction doesn't have to be a visual thing, it can be emotional/sensual. 

 

Or do you mean some how you desire sexual pleasure without having sex? Then what do you define as sex?

Link to post
Share on other sites
GingerRose
29 minutes ago, Ezoodle said:

Confuzled-

I don't want to have sex because I have sexual attraction. Does that simplify it? I want to have sex for a different reason.

My reason is complicated but other asexual people may just want to have sex to pleasure their partner, they may like to have it because they've never tried it before..but not because they are attracted to it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
GingerRose
6 minutes ago, MarRister said:

I'm curious how you define sexual attraction for yourself.

 

You don't desire sex with just anyone, but a specific partner, so what is it about them that makes you think you will want to desire sex with them?

 

That reason, or draw, to want to have sex with that person over someone else is what I equate sexual attraction to, so just a bit confused on what that means to you. Sexual attraction doesn't have to be a visual thing, it can be emotional/sensual. 

 

Or do you mean some how you desire sexual pleasure without having sex? Then what do you define as sex?

I wouldn't have it with just anyone because I like to be in something committed should a pregnancy arise or a check for STDs.

I would only really desire sex or certain sexual actions to feel pleasure (orgasm) and then reciprocate that pleasure for my partner. 

 

I think I would define sexual attraction as being drawn to someone in a sexual way. When I think of someone I like, I do not get turned on by the thought of having sex with them, seeing their sexual organs or nakedness. 

 

I know it's very confusing, as is for myself. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, GingerRose said:

I wouldn't have it with just anyone because I like to be in something committed should a pregnancy arise or a check for STDs.

I would only really desire sex or certain sexual actions to feel pleasure (orgasm) and then reciprocate that pleasure for my partner. 

 

I think I would define sexual attraction as being drawn to someone in a sexual way. When I think of someone I like, I do not get turned on by the thought of having sex with them, seeing their sexual organs or nakedness. 

 

I know it's very confusing, as is for myself. 

 

What.. So you like the plessure just not the act of sex?

Also whats an orgasm 

Link to post
Share on other sites
GingerRose
4 minutes ago, Ezoodle said:

What.. So you like the plessure just not the act of sex?

Also whats an orgasm 

Simply put, yes.

 

 

On that other matter, I don't know how I feel to spoil the frivolities of youth. Maybe it's best to research on your own or someone else who is comfortable explaining it to you.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GingerRose said:

Simply put, yes.

 

 

On that other matter, I don't know how I feel to spoil the frivolities of youth. Maybe it's best to research on your own or someone else who is comfortable explaining it to you.

 

I'm so confused- 

;-;

Thix is weird (no offense)

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Ezoodle said:

whats an orgasm 

Maybe go google it? I can't type the meaning of it without throwing up internally (I'm sex-averse)

Link to post
Share on other sites
GingerRose
6 minutes ago, Ezoodle said:

I'm so confused- 

;-;

Thix is weird (no offense)

Well it is a site about sexually related things. So I expect these topics to be weird for someone who isn't exposed to them often, whether that be because of age or culture.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GingerRose said:

Well it is a site about sexually related things. So I expect these topics to be weird for someone who isn't exposed to them often. 

 

I just googled it 

I feel sick to my stmach.. thats just nasty- also wtf how doesthat even work anyways... like ;-; 

but ya... eww sex is gross.. the act of sex is gorss.. the process of sex is gross.. but ig thats why im here.. Im hella ace

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ezoodle said:

I just googled it 

I feel sick to my stmach.. thats just nasty- also wtf how doesthat even work anyways... like ;-; 

but ya... eww sex is gross.. the act of sex is gorss.. the process of sex is gross.. but ig thats why im here.. Im hella ace

It's okay if you feel that way about sex. I totally relate.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Janus the Fox

This is correct Some can be without Sexual Attraction and/or without Sexual desire and still be Asexual.  Some place themselves in the Greysexual area instead.  The times and definitions are changing so these definitions are subject to change regularly.

 

This thread isn't a debate, so its best to watch out for treading into somebodies question threads with opinionated debates.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...