Writers and script writers

17 minutes ago, Traveler40 said:

I disagree as the cats would love them….😂

If by love you mean destroy, absolutely.  XD

1 minute ago, Traveler40 said:

flip flops

Oh yeah I live in flip flops most of the time, even in the dead of winter here. (Well not outside, but otherwise.) My circulation is a bit buggered and my feet get really warm easily, so I like open footwear like flip flops.

But then I saw the monster slippers online and my feet happened to be extremely cold at the time (I'm just getting over what I'm pretty certain was COVID, but I couldn't get tested unless I was in hospital or a healthcare worker or some other things that I'm not), and I couldn't resist. So... here we are. Thankfully, I don't have cats lol.

So odd the disparities on COVID. We have tests coming out of our arses here. Some were randomly sent in the mail, my husband picked up a few at CVS “just in case” and the government should be sending a few soon. I mean, when the hell are we going to use all of these tests? 🤷🏻‍♀️

I keep waiting to get COVID. It’s not like I want it, but when? I mean, everyone I know has had it. So either:

1. We are asymptomatic carriers.

2. We haven’t had it.

So to hell with it. We are vaxxed, boosted, KN95’d and sanitized. I say bring on international travel. Yep, I’m going. ✌️ 

Ok, but not-so-funny story time:

Covid picked up big time in December. Kids were dropping like flies at school, and we went on high alert. We strapped the kids with hand sanitizers on their bodies, masks and so on. So yeah, we also pack a lunch. One day it was raining cats and dogs which means they have to eat inside (no access to lunch area extras like forks…) Mom packs chicken and rice with broccoli and Dad forgets the forks…..

Child A - washes hands, carefully opens lunch and asks teacher for a fork. 

Child B - (lunch is after 5 periods, their grade has 35% out due to COVID) never washed or sanitized, opened lunch and dug in with fingers… 🤮 

The fact that we haven’t gotten COVID is pure luck, or we have, and it’s pure genetics. 🤦🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

BTW, we actually used 3 of those boxed tests across 8 days. Kid blew a negative each time. Go figure!

Mountain House
3 hours ago, Ceebs. said:

I sure hope they'd wear them

I would wear them. :D

52 minutes ago, Traveler40 said:

We have tests coming out of our arses here.

Home test kits are pretty hard to get where I live.  Stores occasionally get them but sell out with a couple of hours so, unless you have time to stalk one of the notification groups and then race around trying to get places fast enough, nothing.  I ended up having to mail-order and a lot of options were sold out there as well.

Mountain House
1 hour ago, Ceebs. said:

flip flops

I hate flip flops.  If not barefoot or shoes, then it's moccasins for me.

22 hours ago, Traveler40 said:

May I say how much I miss @Telecaster68, @ryn2, @anisotrophic @Philip027 and the old gang of chit chatters all converging on a topic here in SPFA?

yeah idk sorry I've still been pretty consumed with life distress. working on it.

probably not inclined to chit chat about sex stuff when it's not a problem or topic in my life. (not that I'm having a sex life, there's just too much other unhappiness to care about this topic.)

I don’t want to like your post so I’m sending you a ♥️ manually instead@anisotrophic. Good to see you, and I’m sorry it’s still rough. Take note, we aren’t chit chatting about sex at the moment! 😬🙄

@ryn2 so odd. It may be that I live in the land of far right so maybe no one wants a test? 🤷🏻‍♀️  However, they still need them for proof of admittance to school once exposed. Supply chain issues have sucked.

Flip flops rule 🙌🏼

6 minutes ago, Traveler40 said:

Good to see you, and I’m sorry it’s still rough. Take note, we aren’t chit chatting about sex at the moment! 😬🙄

yeah, fair enough.

very familiar with administering antibody tests to reluctant children now, we've remained covid free so far. thankful I still have some left (mail order as @ryn2 resorted to, same issues), since I need them to clear and return kids to schools when PCR testing is backed up.

@Ceebs. not knowing what it is, but I hope the rescheduled surgery goes well, fingers crossed.

5 hours ago, Traveler40 said:

It may be that I live in the land of far right so maybe no one wants a test?

I was wondering that too.  :)

4 hours ago, Ceebs. said:

I'm trying to frame it as a positive thing

I hope it goes well, and will be thinking of you.  *hugs*

10 minutes ago, Ceebs. said:

I deal with stress via fucked-up humour. 🙃

I hear ya.  Posting + pain meds can be a bad combo, too.

At least this will start you down the road of much less discomfort.  That’s a plus.  But I’d be freaking out too.

11 minutes ago, Ceebs. said:

Assuming I'll live and assuming it will be hell at the same time. 🙃

Probably!  :)

A coworker was furious a few years ago, wondering which of his confidantes had told the whole place he had cancer.  Uh, you did, buddy… while you were coming up from anesthesia you texted the work group text and told everyone allllllllll about it.

Lol. Years ago when my ex-husband (boyfriend at the time) was still living in the States and we were doing the distance thing (god I've had too much distance, I'll be so glad when it's gone in my relationship now) he had his gallbladder removed and he was doped up on a bunch of shit at home afterwards. He kept telling me about how he felt like he was floating up near the ceiling and I was like... yeah dude ok, this is amusing. 😂

I mean, we can laugh because it was years ago and he’s now a cancer survivor and all.

Hah, yes, exactly.  Getting something done?  Hide that phone.  Future you will be grateful.

35 minutes ago, Ceebs. said:

Am I ever getting something done?

LOL, I meant a surgical procedure, but I suppose these days it’s still a valid question.

Glad you’re hearing nice things about your nice self.  :)

5 minutes ago, ryn2 said:

LOL, I meant a surgical procedure

Oh right. Yeah I guess that's... happening. 😬 My brain doesn't really perceive anything as real until it's actually happening, so it feels like an abstract concept to me right now. Until 11.30 am on Monday lol.

5 minutes ago, ryn2 said:

Glad you’re hearing nice things about your nice self.  :)

I dunno if I'd call myself 'nice' hahaha, but thank you kindly. A healthy relationship is kind of a revolutionary thing to my messy little brain. Puts a lot of other connections -- familial, romantic, whatever -- in perspective. There's some cheesy quote about the right people will know how to love you properly and make you realise you're not difficult to love, and that does seem to be true.

I like ya.  :)

I’m glad you’ve found someone who loves you as you are.

1 hour ago, ryn2 said:

I like ya.  :)

Aw thank you, and back atcha. :) (Wouldn't say that if I didn't mean it.)

4 hours ago, Ceebs. said:

the right people will know how to love you properly and make you realise you're not difficult to love

Love that! It’s quite true.  Best of luck in surgery Ceebs, and keep your eye on the Easter prize. It’s all good stuff at the end of the day. With UK restrictions gone, I think you should cut (literally) then run! 😬

What a freaking Friday here. Usually it’s my favorite day of the week, but today has been a hell of a thing.  I’m having a party tomorrow (kinda like to have them) and there are a million things to do. Why do I do this? Tomorrow this time I’ll have that answer, but today it’s diminishing returns haha

35 minutes ago, Traveler40 said:
2 hours ago, Ceebs. said:

the right people will know how to love you properly and make you realise you're not difficult to love

Love that! It’s quite true.

It really is I think, yeah.

I was gonna share another more... filthy... quote from today as well, but ya know, I think I'll keep that one private. 😅 Suffice to say I love being so well-matched with someone. And how much lurrrvvvv and sex really are intertwined.

37 minutes ago, Traveler40 said:

I think you should cut (literally) then run!

I gotta take a page out of your very proactive book I think, and work towards that being the goal. Honestly I am scared shitless of aspects of the future (logistics-wise, I mean; zero relationship doubts for a single microsecond), but I do agree that the sooner things get moving, the better. I really just want to feel like I'm not idly pissing my existence away far from the person who means the most to me.

40 minutes ago, Traveler40 said:

I’m having a party tomorrow

Celebrating anything? Or just a random party?

We are celebrating a birthday! It’s become a bit of an ordeal which I can share after the fact given some of it is happening publicly. 😬

I just finished decorating. Give me a theme, a purpose and a vision, then the magic begins. Honestly, I should have been a party planner.

Anyhow, TO LUUUUURV! ♥️

1 hour ago, Traveler40 said:

Honestly, I should have been a party planner.

That is about the last thing in the world I should be. Or an anything-planner. 😂 But I can imagine you'd be great at it, yeah.

1 hour ago, Traveler40 said:

Anyhow, TO LUUUUURV! ♥️

Mmm, I'll drink to that... literally, because I'm still sipping a beer at 3.11 am here. 🙃

Also I just realised I missed an opportunity to use another great British phrase when lamenting my inability to plan bugger all of anything. (Seriously, I can't even orchestrate a reasonable bedtime for myself... clearly, given I'm still awake here at 6.00 am.) Anyway, I should've said I 'couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery'. 😂

Archived