Interview Request: Aces & Healthcare

kelico

We received a request for interview participants from Lindsay Carpenter, an undergraduate researcher from the University of Northern British Columbia. She is in need of 4-6 participants, aged 18+, must identify as ace. Please read the following and contact her if interested!

Interested in contributing to healthcare research?

We are seeking self-identified asexual people aged 18+ to tell us about their experiences in healthcare spaces.

Our study is an undergraduate thesis from the University of Northern British Columbia (UNBC). People who participate will be asked to complete a 30-minute virtual interview, answering questions about their healthcare encounters. We will also ask for suggestions about what future research in this area should look like.

Quick Details:

-Interview will take place on Zoom

-Video will be disabled

-Audio will be recorded

-Risks include uncomfortable emotional reactions to questions posed

-Eligibility: must be 18+ and self-identify as asexual

-Looking for 4-6 participants

-More information provided by email

If you are interested in this study, please contact Lindsay Carpenter at carpenter@unbc.ca. You can also contact her supervisor, Caroline Sanders, at caroline.sanders@unbc.ca, or UNBC’s Research Ethics Board at reb@unbc.ca or 250-960-6735.

This study was approved by the Project Team.

On behalf of PT,

kelico

9 minutes ago, LeChat said:

@kelico :) Hello! Does this need to be added, too?

Haha yes! I had brain freeze there. :P Thanks!

JessieWoodlandTeaParty

I’m willing, but I would still like to see where I fall in the spectrum. If you click on my profile I think you can see the last form topic I submitted to see if I’m a good candidate. 

• 2 weeks later...
LindsayCarpenterResearcher

@JessieWoodlandTeaParty Hello, my apologies for not seeing your post sooner.

There are a lot of different definitions of asexuality in research (behavior, attraction, etc). To avoid labeling people, we define asexuality by self-identification. So, if you use the word "asexual" to describe yourself, you are eligible for this study.

We are still recruiting, so feel free to contact us if you are still interested.

• 2 weeks later...

@LindsayCarpenterResearcher Hi. Just in case it helps, I thought I'd mention that, from what I've seen, I think, members feel more comfortable and are more likely to participate in surveys on AVEN that don't involve face-to-face interviews.

Some people might feel uncomfortable with video interviews.

Hi,

Are you still looking for interviewees?

I would be willing.

I am a 55 year old aro ace.

Please note, I am in New Zealand.

As I have just found this website, I am not registered with it, yet.

Cheers,

I would love to help but I'm in the UK, so probably not much use to you. Just reading back over your post, I wouldn't be of any interest as I don't know if my computer does zoom

LindsayCarpenterResearcher

Hello all,

We have reached our target for participants and will be closing recruitment. Sorry we missed you @Clowel, and thank you for your interest. No worries@LeChat, we have been keeping video disabled for privacy.

Thank you, AVEN community!

3 minutes ago, LeChat said:

Hi! So, since the researcher mentioned they have enough participants, that means this thread can be closed, correct?

Yup, I've locked it. : ) 

Archived