Objectum-Sexuality Question

LGBTAtreyu

Hello! I am currently in my 3rd year of writing a new type of educational LGBTQIA+ book aiming to help people achieve a better understanding of the community through stories and other writing. If you want to contribute here is a link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeKCCb0pNZKmtb5gTcRli14IVdWkXFDHM8UqMw7Ajw2KDYxBg/viewform

I'm making this post to ask some questions about Objectum-Sexualities. In the book that I am currently writing, there will be a chapter focusing on this. So far I have the following terms included in that chapter: Mechasexual, Digi/Robosexual, Fictosexual, Somnio/Oneirosexual, and Inorganic Psychesexual.

The name of this chapter is The Objectum-Sexuality Spectrum. Now, I just want to make sure that this is the correct term. It's Objectum-Sexuality, correct? I want this chapter to be as accurate and informative as possible. So if anyone can tell me if this is the proper term, and if I'm missing any terms that should be included please let me know. Thank you.

I wouldn't put fictosexuality on the objectum sexuality spectrum personally. I think that's usually considered separate. But I'm not on the objectum spectrum so I'm not the person to ask.

@Anthracite_Impreza If you're still around these days, this is a thread where your help would be appreciated.

I actually don't think he is still around. Maybe look at this thread of his in the mean time?

(Below is an official, green, mod message.)

Hi! I'm just letting you know I moved your thread to the "Visibility and Education Project" forum, where members' projects go.

Thanks, for your understanding.

LeChat,

Welcome Lounge moderator

3 minutes ago, Rynn said:

I wouldn't put fictosexuality on the objectum sexuality spectrum personally. I think that's usually considered separate. But I'm not on the objectum spectrum so I'm not the person to ask.

@Anthracite_Impreza If you're still around these days, this is a thread where your help would be appreciated.

I actually don't think he is still around. Maybe look at this thread of his in the mean time?

Thank you for letting me know, that helps! Also yes, I have spoken with Anthracite_Impreza, and he is actually contributing!

1 hour ago, LGBTAtreyu said:

Hello! I am currently in my 3rd year of writing a new type of educational LGBTQIA+ book aiming to help people achieve a better understanding of the community through stories and other writing. If you want to contribute here is a link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeKCCb0pNZKmtb5gTcRli14IVdWkXFDHM8UqMw7Ajw2KDYxBg/viewform

I'm making this post to ask some questions about Objectum-Sexualities. In the book that I am currently writing, there will be a chapter focusing on this. So far I have the following terms included in that chapter: Mechasexual, Digi/Robosexual, Fictosexual, Somnio/Oneirosexual, and Inorganic Psychesexual.

The name of this chapter is The Objectum-Sexuality Spectrum. Now, I just want to make sure that this is the correct term. It's Objectum-Sexuality, correct? I want this chapter to be as accurate and informative as possible. So if anyone can tell me if this is the proper term, and if I'm missing any terms that should be included please let me know. Thank you.

Like someone said above, fictosexual it’s has to do with the characters more rather than the object we got to see them from wether it’s a console or a box, so it wouldn’t rly fall into the objectum umbrella. :) /gen /npa

Oh ok. What about Somnio/Oneirosexual which is the attraction to people in your dreams. And what about Inorganic Psychesexual which is desiring sexual intimacy with none-biological people.

RoseGoesToYale
3 hours ago, LGBTAtreyu said:

What about Somnio/Oneirosexual which is the attraction to people in your dreams. And what about Inorganic Psychesexual which is desiring sexual intimacy with none-biological people.

These along with fictosexual seem to deal with sexual attraction to intangible people, whereas the other two deal with tangible things. It might make more sense to divide them up that way.

That makes sense. Thanks for letting me know. These terms are going to be included in the chapter though, so what should the chapter be renamed? How about something like "Objectum-Sexuality and _____ Spectrum"? What should the blank be?

On 1/11/2022 at 4:44 PM, LGBTAtreyu said:

That makes sense. Thanks for letting me know. These terms are going to be included in the chapter though, so what should the chapter be renamed? How about something like "Objectum-Sexuality and _____ Spectrum"? What should the blank be?

Maybe something “non-real” or something along those lines? Something that clears up that it’s not the attraction to any object but a character or unreachable person which inadvertently is “unrealistic” in a way

Archived