Aces/Aros & Attachment/Love Styles

kelico

We have a research request from Sophie Peverell, a third year undergraduate psychology student at Aberystwyth University. Please fill out the linked survey if interested (and over 18).

Hello, I am conducting a study to see how Asexual and Aromantics fit into the demographic of Attachment styles and Love styles compared to Heterosexual Heteroromantic individuals. As a result, I require participants to complete an online study which identify your Attachment style and love style as well as your sexual and romantic orientation.  

The study will take around 15 minuets to complete and you need to be over 18 to take part. In addition to this you need to identify with the Heterosexual heteroromantic, Asexual and or Aromanitc Labels. 

If you would like to take part, please click the link below.  

https://aber.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/asexual-and-aromantics-love-styles

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at Sop17@aber.ac.uk 

Thank you for reading, 

Sophie Peverell

This study was approved by the Project Team.

On behalf of PT,

kelico

note to the researcher:

I found use of the word "lover" in survey questions to be very off-putting.

I'm not sure whether the same is true in different varieties of English, but in the dialect that I speak, the word "lover" has a decidedly sexual connotation. 

I was actually a bit surprised by how strong my reaction was, but I really couldn't bring myself to answer any of the questions because I couldn't cope with thinking of that word being applied to anyone who has ever been in my life.  

Not sure whether my perception is similar to or different from that of others, but I want you to be aware that it's possible that this use of language may influence the kind of responses you get on your survey (as opposed, for example, to "partner" or a less loaded term).

Janus the Fox

Interesting, ace research closer to home.  Progressive in Wales this time of lifetime :cake:

• 1 month later...

The researcher is still looking for more participants! Please fill out the survey if you qualify. 

Hello, thank you for the immense support so far, I really appreciate it. I am still short of both Heterosexual, Heteroromantic individuals and people who identify as Allosexual Aromanitc . A reminder of the study is below. Thank you for reading.  

Hello, I am conducting a study to see how Asexual and Aromantic's fit into the demographic of Attachment styles and Love styles compared to Heterosexual Heteroromantic individuals. As a result, I require participants to complete an online study which identify your Attachment style and love style as well as your sexual and romantic orientation.

The study will take around 15 minuets to complete and you need to be over 18 to take part. In addition to this you need to identify with the Heterosexual heteroromantic, Asexual and or Aromanitc Labels. 

https://aber.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/asexual-and-aromantics-love-styles

Kind Regards

Sophie Peverell

Just FYI if the researcher is checking these posts: As an AroAce I have zero desire for any relationship (platonic, sexual, or romantic) despite my libido and sex positive attitude, so I saw no point in participating with this survey, which seems concerned only with those in some type of relationship. I would think that the idea that some of us have zero desire for a relationship might be considered a valid attachment style. I believe the researcher is missing out on an important non-relationship aspect of Ace lifestyles and, therefore, missing the big picture.

TheSmolFoxWeeb

Aaa I wanna do the survey but I’m under 18.

Finished the survey. I do think that lover is a little bit of a loaded word. Partner might work better. Anyway, my other concern, which I put in the free form comment section, is the distinction between physical closeness and emotional closeness is lost in this particular survey.

...I am still short of both Heterosexual, Heteroromantic individuals and people who identify as Allosexual Aromanitc...

Hi. Since there aren't too many heterosexual heteroromantic or heterosexual aromantic people on AVEN, perhaps, the researcher might need to try other websites, forums, etc., like Arocalypse (where there are, at least, a few Heterosexual Aromantics).

Judging by their announcement on their main page, it seems their site might close, soon, though, due to finances; it's a smaller, niche site, with a main focus on aromantic people of all sexualities (but most members on that site seem to be asexual aromantics, who are, also, on AVEN).

@Catawampus Hi. If it helps, I decided to fill out the survey, even though I'm not interested in and haven't ever been in a relationship. :) Even when surveys seem to only be interested in hearing from those who have a romantic orientation or attraction, I feel filling out surveys is an important way for me to represent myself, as a way of letting researchers know about my lack of romantic, sexual, etc. attraction, that others like me exist, etc.

Archived