Sexuality & Gender Poll

StarryNightAllAlone

Sexuality Poll  

210 members have voted

1. 1. What sexual orientation do you identify as?

• Heterosexual
    • Homosexual
    • Bisexual
    • Asexual
    • Pansexual
    • Demisexual
    • Graysexual
    • Other (please specify)
  2. 2. What romantic orientation do you identify as?

• Heteroromantic
    • Homoromantic
    • Biromantic
    • Aromantic
    • Panromantic
    • Demiromantic
    • Grayromantic
    • Other (please specify)
  3. 3. Do you consider yourself polyamorous?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure
    • Other (please specify)
  4. 4. What gender identity(s) do you identify as?

• Male
    • Female
    • Nonbinary
    • Genderfluid
    • Gender non-conforming
    • Genderqueer
    • Agender
    • Bigender
    • Transgender
    • Other (please specify)
  5. 5. Have any of your identities changed over time?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure
    • Other (please specify)

This poll is closed to new votes

Being that I don't identify myself with anything, it's a bitch to fill out, but let's try.

1. I'm likely bi-sexual.

2. Being frank, I don't keep tabs on the romantic section. It's whomever I'm attatched to.

3. Nope. I bind to one and that stays until it's broken.

4. I can't tell ya, being that mentally I can't grasp the concept of waking up in the morning and feeling as if one is a guy or anything else. To me, I'm just me, and that's it. The meat mannequin that surrounds me happens to be a dude.

5. Likely. I've tried to keep tabs on personality fragmentations in my past. I know in some of them, the person who stepped out changed their tune in terms of sexuality and many other things.

• Like 1
TheSmolFoxWeeb

Gendervoid aroace :3

• Like 1

1. Asexual. Not exactly self-repulsed, I have some fantasies sometimes, but they're never about me and imagining me in that setting is just a big no.

2. Grayromantic. More or less? This is the thing I'm most confused about.
3. No.
4. Female.

5. I put yes. A few months after realizing I was ace (or in the spectrum at least) I noticed my past crushes maybe weren't even real crushes. I thought I was aro and my "crushes" were just attempts to find male validation, then I had a squish on a girl, it's still a mess and I still don't know. But I did think I was heteroromantic for a long time.

• Like 1

1. Asexual

2. Aromantic 

3. No 

4. I’m agender. I’m in the non-binary, genderqueer, and trans communities. 
5. No. Unless you count the time I thought I was just straight and cis. I wasn’t, I just didn’t have the words for what I was. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Trans Aroace Girl
  1. Asexual
  2. Aromantic
  3. No
  4. Trans female
  5. A few times.
  • Like 1

1. Graysexual (kinda on the fence between graysexual and asexual, in my head I use ace as an umbrella term)

2. Heteroromantic

3. Not polyamorous ( I think having a relationship with one person is more than enough work already, haha!)

4. Female

5. I hit 'unsure' for this one. I think the underlying feelings were always more or less the same, but over time they were more or less prominent. Identifying myself as ace is new.

• Like 1
anightlikethis

Ace, picked biromantic and other, because I'm polyromantic, which wasn't listed. Not polyamorous. 

Trans,nonbinary/genderqueer, considered myself another label, for various reasons, but now simply back to nonbinary/genderqueer, for various reasons.

• Like 1
MinnieMouse

I’m an asexual homoromantic, monoamorous female. 

• Like 1
J. van Deijck
1 hour ago, MinnieMouse said:

monoamorous

I like that term.

• Like 1
MinnieMouse
4 hours ago, godverdomme said:

I like that term.

So do I. ☺️

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...
Itsa me a person
  1. Asexual
  2. Aromantic
  3. Picked unsure cause while I’m open to being in polyamorous relationship, I prefer to not have any partners at all 
  4. I use both the terms agender and nonbinary
  5. My identities (How I have identified myself) has changed over time as I grew older and figured myself out
  • 1 month later...

Demi-bisexual heteroromantic monogamous transmale. Even still not entirely accurate but I dont care enough. Totally changed over time. Thought I was lesbian, agender, ace, aro, poly. The list goes on. Feelings are hard ;-; Turns out I was just trans and that affected everything about my orientations. I just say I’m a straight dude now but if they know I’m into guys, I say straight bisexual. Otherwise they try to hook me up with dudes and that’s not how I work. Could change again the future, who knows

• Like 2

Ace, questioning romantic orientation (probably demi-hetero), cis female, not polyamorous as far as I know. None of my identities have changed.

• Like 2

-Asexual 

-Grayromantic

-Panromantic 

-Demigirl (I identify as non-binary and a female, and I prefer she/they pronouns) 

I‘m still questioning my romantic identify and my gender identify to some extent, and things have changed a lot over the years. 

• Like 1
J. van Deijck

I guess this deserves a little update.

1. Asexual, no doubt about it. Might have some traits of aegosexual, but I'm generally most comfortable using the ace label.

2. Most likely quoiromantic, if we want to be specific. While I see a clear difference between aesthetic and sexual attraction (and I experience the first one, but I don't experience the second), the rest is utterly baffling to me. On top of that, I'm definitely homo-oriented. 

3. I don't think so. I love many people, but when it comes to stable relationship, I'd always choose one. The rest will be close friends to me.

4. Male. Also no doubts here.

5. I thought I was just gay and late bloomer when I was a teenager, but that's because I haven't heard about asexuality yet and I wasn't even aware such a thing existed. I also had a brief period of identifying as panromantic, because I didn't want to exclude anyone - but finally I got to understand that our orientation is not a choice and it cannot be changed. So I accepted the fact that I'm into guys and that there's nothing wrong with it.

Asexual heteroromantic female, not polyamorous, and I guess yes to the last question because I didn't always identify as asexual.

Asexual and agender.

I don't really think about romantic orientation, but greyromantic is probably the best fit.

And oh boy did it take a lot of realigning of how I view myself to be comfortable.

As I think most people grew up, I was told I was cis/straight. Come pre-teens, I didn't really think about relationships/romance/etc. as other people, I wasn't like "OMG! She's hot!" but like "Meh" to both women, and men, so... That meant I was bisexual right? I (dis)liked both equally.

I used to frequent a forum site for teens, and someone on there spoke about asexuality (as it was a site for teens, the level of horny were high - so topics around sex were common). That's when the lightbulb moment hit me. I'm no bi because I don't look at anything with legs and want to fuck it. I'm asexual because I don't look at anyone and want to sex the shit out of them.

Come 16 or 17 I come across a post online talking about what agender means. And it hits me. "I'm not cis". Wonderful. I'm an awesome asexual agender animal.

I had never heard of the term aromantic until joining AVEN a few years back, but upon hearing it, I knew that the labels I had were pretty much how I viewed myself. As I had never been one to shy away from romaticism... just never wanted to get all touchy feely. But I still think that you can only really be happy in a monogamous relationship, as the thought of polyamory is exhausting. If you enjoy it, good for you. But not for me, thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

@StarryNightAllAlone

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organisation, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator