New Moderators needed: Nominations

Kelly

Join the team!

If you think you would be interested in being a moderator on AVEN, throw cookies, cakes, your hat, turnip, or whatever you have into the ring.

Candidates should only nominate themselves for one of the available forums and should make it clear in their nominate post which forum they are interested in.

Current forums available:

Asexual Musings and Rantings

World Watch

Romantic and Aromantic Orientations 

Eligibility requirements include being a member for at least 6 months, and having at least 100 posts that are not in the Just for Fun or Welcome Lounge forums. You also cannot run with an active, current, warning.

To learn more about what a mod does, please see here:

https://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/125346-what-a-mod-does-updated/

Also, see the following for election rules:

http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/90514-rules-and-procedure-for-elections/

Voting will be by a vote of confidence. A bio is required to be PMed to me by voting time.

You can run for only one office at a time.

Sunday, 21 November to Friday, 26 November: Nominations

Friday, 26 November to Monday, 29 November: Dedicated Q&A

Monday, 29 November  to Saturday, 4 December: Voting

It's a great team to be a part of! I was a mod for musi rants for 2 years or so and am happy to answer questions.

4 hours ago, LeChat said:

@Kelly Hi. So, since the "Q and A" starts today, would I be able to post my questions for @TormentDubz, now?

That usually happens when Kelly starts the Q&A thread, from experience.

@Ashmedai Yes. I'm aware of that. I wasn't really asking a question, as though I didn't know about the election procedures. I was just giving Kelly a polite head's up about it (because it seems no one else had let them know that the "Q and A" was supposed to have started, yesterday, on the 26th), in case they'd forgotten about the new election procedure, with the shortened amount of time for "Q and A" that's only a few days, but is, now, basically two because it's the 27th, and, from what I've seen in previous elections, Kelly, usually, ends "Q and A" and starts voting on Monday morning.

I'd already waited before posting a reminder, thinking that, perhaps, Kelly would be updating the election thread on the evening of the 26th.

From what I've noticed, sometimes, Admods need someone to give them a helpful reminder, in case they're busy or have forgotten to do something, with so many different Admod duties to do. If no one tags any Admods or certain Admins, who are the only ones who have the ability to fix or add something, then there's a longer wait and nothing gets done.

I just wanted to give enough time, the full amount of time, for the candidate to answer my questions (as I have several), with as much detail as they'd like and not feel rushed to give short answers, with only a shortened amount of time and, possibly, others asking questions, too.

It's not really fair for candidates to be given even less time to answer questions than they're supposed to (it's, now, supposed to be only for a few days, over the weekend; it's not as though they're given a whole week, anymore, because a majority of members and Admods wanted and voted for a shorter election), in case they need some time to think and write their responses to questions, then be judged and voted on, based on short, rushed responses.

22 minutes ago, LeChat said:

@Ashmedai Yes. I'm aware of that. I wasn't really asking a question, as though I didn't know about the election procedures.

Sorry, I wasn't meaning that you didn't, I may have misread that. I was jsut meaning that this happens when it does.

As for the rest, yeah it can be tricky I suppose, as far as time zones are aware.

Archived