Research: Asexuality & Media Representation

kelico

We have a research request from Caitlin Lyall. In order to take the survey, you will need to email her. Her email is found in the description below.

Dear AVEN community members,

My name is Caitlin Lyall. I am a third year University student studying Sociology in the UK, currently working on my dissertation.

You are invited to take part in my research study on Asexuality and Visibility. This will involve you filling out an online survey that contains a mixture of both multiple choice and more in-depth questions with which you will be able to provide as much or as little information as you can on asexuality and asexual visibility within general society and media. 

Whether you take part is entirely your choice, and you do not need to provide a reason for not participating. If you wish to take part, you need only contact me via my email, which can be found at the end of this letter. From this, you will be provided with a participant information sheet which will provide more information on what your participation will involve, including your rights as a participant. If you choose to participate but change your mind, you can withdraw any time before 7th February 2022. 

Your participation in this study will not only benefit my academic dissertation, but also asexuality visibility within Sociology as a valid and important self-identity. As well, this study aims to create future proposals for asexuality representation according to your own voice and suggestions, within media and general society.

The survey should take around 15-20 minutes to complete. Participants should be aged between 18-59 years and should be English speakers. This is to ensure the protection of underaged and elder individuals and reduce any confusion that may arise from language barriers.  

Thank you for your consideration, 

Caitlin Lyall

c.lyall1@unimail.derby.ac.uk

This study has been approved by the Project Team.

On behalf of PT,

kelico

• 4 weeks later...

We have a message from Caitlin: 

Dear AVEN community members,

I would like to thank you all for being so interested and willing to participate in my research. I have had many emails and responses from you, and it means a great deal that you've put your trust in me. 

As my research is for my university dissertation, I'm unable to take on any more responses. I would not be able to have enough time or word-count to involve any more responses to the degree that each one of you deserves. 

As of today - 29/11/2021 - participation for the research is closed. The February 7th, 2022, withdrawal date remains for any participants who have already contributed to the research.

My appreciation goes out to all who considered participating and/or have participated in my research. My appreciation also goes to this community and the AVEN Project Team for being so welcoming of my research request.

Thank you all,

Caitlin Lyall

As such, we will be locking this thread. Thank you to everyone that participated!

Archived