Looking younger

Guest Corrianna

Tanwen wrote:

the body just says "You gotta be joking!!!! You want to do that - you're on your own!!!!

I know exactly what you mean. My mind and my body play that game aslo.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

• 1 month later...
Charlotte_uk

Olive oil, people! Olive oil! My entire family on my mothers side have been addicted to olive oil all their lives and all look absolutely amazing, regardless of smoking and drinking and otherwise generally unhealthy lifestyles! I plan on sticking to this routine of bread and olive oil all my life (it tastes yummy anyway, so it's a great excuse)!

I avoid the sun. That seems to help. sun.gif

Mb Loves Batman

When I was younger (am 45 now) I wanted to look older. Now that I'm older I look ten years younger and guys/men are attracted to me as young as 24!!! I never insult them but tell them thank you that I'm old enough to be their mother. It's better for me than saying what I have to say to the OLDER men - sorry, but I'm not into sex. The younger guys seem to understand the age thing better and don't take it as rejection.

The older guys feel rejected and become hostile. So, for me I attract OLD men cause they like YOUNG girls cause my age throws them. I met someone online and felt it was safe cause he was in his 60's and seemed vry respectable online and I just moved out here so agreed to lunch - wanted to make some new friends (movies, saturday market!) after sushi he hugged me goodbye - safe til then and then he whispered in my ear -- what about desert! UGH UGH UGH. Well, I never responded to him after that.

I tend to end up in friendships with gay men because they see past the sex stuff since they are not attracted to me. Any hetero man, young and old falls off the "friendshp" wagon and ends up walking away cause I'm not into what they are. THey don't even understand.

But you know, once I made up my mind 2 years ago to NEVER compromise again, I have gained so much self esteem, dignity and confidence. I was told I was a conceited self-centered bitch so I understand the "being perceived as arrogant" -- especially since I'm not that at all. Just the person who labeled me, never took time to get to know me outside of him feeling rejected for what HE didn't get. If he had gotten to know me he would have found so much more exists - layers and layers of me.

So, if I wake up and time and gravity all catch up with me -- I will embrace that. Maybe then men will not see me for aesthetics and age -- but instead, the person that exists inside.

I once stopped shaving my legs, wearing makeup, gained alot of weight just to not attract attention! I decided that I love being a woman. I love dressing up, looking good and it makes me feel good. I shouldn't have to coexist making myself LOOK like someone to ward off sexual predators. I can be me, it's okay to say no. It's okay to look young, feel great and coexist.

I hope someday I meet someone. I am in Portland Oregon now -- anyone else????

Freed_Spirit

Just up the road a bit, Vancouver BC.

I just wanted to say what a beautiful post that was, mb.

But you know, once I made up my mind 2 years ago to NEVER compromise again, I have gained so much self esteem, dignity and confidence.
Awesome! I only joined AVEN in March but it's having that effect on me too - and I've never felt so gorgeous before! I finally accept that I'm asexy and suddenly I start feeling almost sexy. Bizarre. You're an inspiration. I'm looking younger too. I'm 37, no idea what age people generally ascribe to me but it's less than that. Somebody did mistake me for an 18 year old which was completely hilarious (she kept talking about my generation and the future and I finally had to say, how old do you think I am? 18. wow).

:cake:

Mb Loves Batman

sunflowermoondust@yahoo.com

I would love to know some "a-okay's" in my age range. Thank you for your kind words.

• 3 months later...

There certainly isn't anything wrong with looking younger. I was carded in bars until I was 35. Now I'm 65 and people think I'm in my mid 40s. The only problem I have is that once someone finds out how old I really am, (men, actually), suddenly act as though I am invisible. I've often thought of using my full Southern Accent to say something like, "Now, y'all know a lady doesn't tell her age!"...maybe even put my hand up to cover my tinkle of laughter!

Archived