You are asexual - book

Need_more_books

Need_more_books

You Are Asexual (by A.C. Evermore)

has anyone come across this book yet? 
It is a choose your own adventure style book. 
It might be problematic since the way the asexuality is come by seems to be accidental rather than natural. I haven’t had the chance to actually get ahold of a copy yet. 

You Are Asexual

by A C Evermore

ISBN-13: 9781087915753
Publisher: Thomas Schrantz
Publication date: 10/11/2021
Pages: 142
Product dimensions: 4.25(w) x 7.00(h) x 0.33(d)

Description

IT'S ORIENTATION DAY!

You're a student at The Consortium's Facility 4, and you've been waiting for this day for years. It's the day you will be given your sexual orientation! But something happens during the procedure... You feel nothing as spontaneous amorous cavorting breaks out all around you. You flee the room, dodging attempted kisses and parrying awkward hugs, barely managing to keep your jumpsuit fully zipped. You catch your breath in the hall outside...

...and what happens next is up to you!

A floating sky city! A magical ring! An army of crows! A dragon-riding, vengeance-seeking Lesbian! A cake themed asexual speakeasy! A fatal car chase! And the nefarious Consortium, hiding the truth behind Orientation Day! You get to choose! Where will your journey take you?

That book sounds so fun! I can see what you mean though about it sounding accidental...the blurb seems to hint that something went wrong that made this person ace, but it's hard to tell for sure. If you ever read it, can you update the post with your thoughts? Also, do you know if this is YA fiction?

Blueberry Pie

I love choose-your-own-adventures. Sounds interesting. I second the request for an update with your thoughts if you get around to reading it, or maybe I'll look into this once my classes wind down.

I'm just feeling superior to this author for a moment, because A. C. Evermore is like definitely a pen name, but my initials are genuinely ACE.

Need_more_books

After following about a dozen paths so far I can at least say that my fear of asexuality being a mistake in this world were unfounded. There are some pretty darkish paths tho and each read through so far has been pretty short and fun. 

my only concern so far is:

Spoiler

The asexual movement is seen as dangerous and if you’re caught by anyone at school you risk this world’s version of conversion therapy so it might be triggering for some. 

Some paths have detailed sex scenes but most are pretty tame. 

haven’t seen any dragons yet so I’m continuing my read throughs. 😏

Blueberry Pie
10 hours ago, Need_more_books said:

After following about a dozen paths so far I can at least say that my fear of asexuality being a mistake in this world were unfounded. There are some pretty darkish paths tho and each read through so far has been pretty short and fun. 

my only concern so far is:

Reveal hidden contents

The asexual movement is seen as dangerous and if you’re caught by anyone at school you risk this world’s version of conversion therapy so it might be triggering for some. 

Some paths have detailed sex scenes but most are pretty tame. 

haven’t seen any dragons yet so I’m continuing my read throughs. 😏

Interesting! Thank you for the review so far.

Archived