October/November/December 2021 - AVENues 50th Issue Anniversary

Janus the Fox

Time for the next issue! This one is a special 50th Issue Anniversary edition, looking back 50 issues that where originally started all the way back to 2006.

Read it here: https://issuu.com/avenues1/docs/avenues50th

Editing team

Chief Editor: @Janus DarkFox

Layout: @kelico

Co-editors:  @Kikuka @GreyinWonderland 

NEW Benevolent PT Overlord: @AceMissBehaving

Creative team@kelico @NickyTannock @ben8884

Contributing Writers/Artists: @scarletlatitude 

Special Thanks to: @OptimisticPessimist

=======================================================================

For our 51st issue, we will be looking at the Aromantic Intersection.  Exploring aromanticism in how this relates to Asexuality!  

Fill out our questions of the month form here: https://forms.gle/uhSWpNLykVa2koPh9

Remember, we are always looking for articles and artwork to add to AVENues!
•    To submit creative works, please go here: https://goo.gl/forms/QQqfdfOR69niJFoP2 
•    Send us your asexy jokes and puns here: https://goo.gl/forms/Rg4vlY6XZ7c17bNJ3
•    For larger submissions, please email us at avenues.submissions@gmail.com  
•    You may also send a private message to any of the AVENues staff on AVEN

We are always looking for more people to join our team! Send one of us a message on AVEN for more info!

• Like 5

That title really threw me for a loop ("AVENues 50th Anniversary") because AVEN--and AVENues--wasn't founded 50 years ago.

I don't mean to be a grammar stickler (I know people don't like that; I'm not perfect, either, and make grammar mistakes, too); it's just that, I'm not sure "anniversary" is correct for this (like I said, it really confused me, reading the title), since it's from Latin, meaning "annually."

AVENues is released quarterly (i.e. every three months, which is four times a year).

Anniversary - Wikipedia

The Grammarphobia Blog: What do you call a monthly anniversary?

Perhaps, the correct term is "quarterly." I've seen other publications that publish four times a year use that.

Quarterly | Definition of Quarterly by Merriam-Webster

• Like 2
spooky awadama

360_F_305867937_mrezPLTDQgIZd4EoKxSgHWAY

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, LeChat said:

That title really threw me for a loop ("AVENues 50th Anniversary") because AVEN--and AVENues--wasn't founded 50 years ago.

I don't mean to be a grammar stickler (I know people don't like that; I'm not perfect, either, and make grammar mistakes, too); it's just that, I'm not sure "anniversary" is correct for this (like I said, it really confused me, reading the title), since it's from Latin, meaning "annually."

AVENues is released quarterly (i.e. every three months, which is four times a year).

Anniversary - Wikipedia

Perhaps, the correct term is "quarterly." I've seen other publications that publish four times a year use that.

Saaame I was fairly confused! XD

Janus the Fox
27 minutes ago, LeChat said:

Anniversary - Wikipedia

2 minutes ago, Karret said:

Saaame I was fairly confused! XD

I've added the word 'issue' for clarity in the title :cake:

• Like 1

sweet! (but then again in 4 years it'll be your actual 10 year anniversary)

Spoiler

two years till im allowed to do writing on here! hopefully i'd have improved in 2 years from the last time i tried applying (i do not want to jinx myself at this point, lol)