Xenogender Appreciation

a little annihilation

rainbowocollie

yDmjDyj.png

I'm pupgender

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Okay. I have to share something that I found hilarious. So, I discovered this while trying to browse MOGAI merch and stumbling onto anti-MOGAI merch. Apparently that known transphobe who used to run a big website with its only purpose being to mock microlabels for gender and sexuality, and had a special hatred for xenogenders (the website finally disappeared thank god), has merch now. They sell a shirt that says "Stars don't have genders" as if that's in any way a "gotcha!" for actual stargender people or how xenogenders like stargender work. But all I could think of when I saw it was how badass of a shirt this would be if you were agender. Like, wearing an agender flag pin with this? Like, obviously I don't want to give money to this person. But thanks, I guess, for making some cool agender stuff. This is just funny to me.

SilenceRadio

@DragonWithAQuest This reminds me of some French comedian mocking trans people (and the more common gender neutral French neopronoun "iel") imitating hypothetical people coming out ("I'm [name] and I'm going through transition/transformation") and at the end he imitates a hypothetical person called "Pikachu" going through "evolution" and like... "evolution" is actually kinda cool as an alternative to "transition" (especially since some nonbinary people have felt "transition" was too 'binary' or did not fit them).

Also, "stars don't have genders" technically only work in languages that don't grammatically gender objects and concepts.

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, SilenceRadio said:

@DragonWithAQuest This reminds me of some French comedian mocking trans people (and the more common gender neutral French neopronoun "iel") imitating hypothetical people coming out ("I'm [name] and I'm going through transition/transformation") and at the end he imitates a hypothetical person called "Pikachu" going through "evolution" and like... "evolution" is actually kinda cool as an alternative to "transition" (especially since some nonbinary people have felt "transition" was too 'binary' or did not fit them).

Also, "stars don't have genders" technically only work in languages that don't grammatically gender objects and concepts.

I’m going to start calling it evolution now, thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/2/2023 at 5:37 PM, AstrophelDragon said:

I recently decided that I will call myself "quantumgenderfluid." I love this label because I feel like my gender exists like a quantum particle. If it's observed (i.e. if I'm in a social situation), then it picks some sort of gender to be. If it's not observed, then it's just this amorphous blob state of being every gender and no gender at the same time. For me quantum is an analogy that I identify strongly with because it fits my experience so well. Is this what a xenogender is like, or is a xenogender not so analogical?

I am stealing this. Thank you for doing the hard work on my behalf.   /j (said jokingly, but I am actually going to use this label, if it's fine by you.)

Edited by Aryx
revised for clarity
  • Like 3