16Personalities poll

Zimmermikeee

Personality types...  

134 members have voted

1. 1. What's your current personality type?

• Architect / INTJ
    • Logician / INTP
    • Commander / ENTJ
    • Debater / ENTP
    • Advocate / INFJ
    • Mediator / INFP
    • Protagonist / ENFJ
    • Campaigner / ENFP
    • Logistician / ISTJ
    • Defender / ISFJ
    • Executive / ESTJ
    • Consul / ESFJ
    • Virtuoso / ISTP
    • Adventurer / ISFP
    • Entrepreneur / ESTP
    • Entertainer / ESFP
  2. 2. Assertive or Turbulent?

• Assertive
    • Turbulent
  3. 3. Has your personality type changed over time?

• Yes, few times
    • Yes, once
    • No
    • I didn't retake the test
    • Today's my first time taking the test

This poll is closed to new votes

ENFJ: Protagonist

Spoiler

I have taken this test twice in two years and I come up as the Protagonist aka: ENFJ

Extraverted

N (i)ntunative (pondering possibilities)

Feeling (emotional and thoughts of welfare)

Judging (preferring clarity and closure in situations)

I speak up for what’s right in my mind’s eye.

Searching for common ground when there is a disagreement.

Reliable and responsible

Passionate about hobbies and beliefs

My weakness is coming off as condescending when I want to help people learn things.

I carry the burden and gift of empathy. Sometimes it gets too heavy.

When it comes to dating, I look for a kindred spirit, not something casual.

I tend to make the first move.

With future parenthood, I want to promote creativity and encourage critical thinking.

Career paths are teaching, healthcare, or social work...I obviously matched it here.

With work habits it’s hard for me to say no, and my work ethic is strong, so I find myself at times taking on too much responsibility.

Assertive Virtuoso... apparently. Even though I am not very assertive or creative.

On 9/3/2021 at 10:13 AM, silent__ said:

I'm an INTJ and I don't know that because of 16personalities, or any test, but from learning about all the types and how they work and especially the cognitive functions, you get a lot more out of it that way.

Yeah, MBTI ain't science and should be taken with a grain of salt, but it's a bit less ridiculous and more logical if you learn the cognitive functions stuff. I used to be heavily involved in various online communities relating to that sort of stuff. I've just always been fascinated by personality analysis stuff... whilst at the same time not really taking it very seriously and knowing it's quite flawed. But at least it's not as ridiculous as, say, astrology or numerology.

(INFP here, if I really must answer...)

53 minutes ago, Ceebs. said:

Yeah, MBTI ain't science and should be taken with a grain of salt, but it's a bit less ridiculous and more logical if you learn the cognitive functions stuff. I used to be heavily involved in various online communities relating to that sort of stuff. I've just always been fascinated by personality analysis stuff... whilst at the same time not really taking it very seriously and knowing it's quite flawed. But at least it's not as ridiculous as, say, astrology or numerology.

Oh I love astrology and numerology too, haha. It doesn't have to be scientific and accurate to be fun, interesting, and useful, I've found. Like I don't actually believe that the stars dictate stuff about my personality... but reading my chart and learning about all the different parts of it can still make me consider things about myself and uncover new stuff.

Myers Briggs and the enneagram are a lot more accurate, but still not an exact science. It doesn't really matter to me if they're scientific or not, though, since they're interesting and useful anyway (and pretty accurate - there's at least something true in there). The enneagram especially has really helped me with personal growth.

the more I look at this data, the more it astounds me.

I looked up some stats on the personality types in the general population.

About 20% of the general population is ESJ.  No one who's weighed in here is.

Only about 6% of the general population is INF.   Close to 50% of us are.

Is that not striking to anybody else???

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
J. van Deijck

Turbulent Architect lmao, that would make a good band name :lol: anyways, I'm an INTJ.

I get the same every time for the past 5 years now - ENTJ - A (Commander)

I get the best people on my team, get their opinions, and then make the call on what to do and what I want them to do. Love it and its where I feel most at home. I like leading projects and working with a team that can get sh*t done. perfect for managing tech projects since I get the technical/analytical side but I can manage the people just fine.

I used to get INTJ long ago but I've gotten over my anxiety and don't worry about talking to others anymore. Its more fun to talk to people then it is to sit alone in the corner.

• 1 month later...
ThunderStorm13

Ironic that INFJ is the largest percentage here, and yet just 1% of the world population

• Like 2

INTP-Turbulent in this one.

INxx (with I always through the roof) has remained stable from when The Sword previously took a 16-types test; the T/F and J/P seem more prone to fluctuate (hovering close to the 50:50 mark, it's probably to be expected) - previous result a handful of years ago was INFJ.

Turbulent/Assertive hadn't been figured in before... but Turbulent in this one rated almost as high as Introversion.

So, make of all of that what you will. *shrug*

On 12/3/2021 at 4:20 PM, ThunderStorm13 said:

Ironic that INFJ is the largest percentage here, and yet just 1% of the world population

I've noticed that INFJs are waaaay overrepresented on other internet forums too. I don't have much faith in personality tests, but perhaps INFJ-type people are more likely to spend time on forums? 

• Like 1

INFP-T

94% Introverted / 6% Extroverted

51% Thinking / 49% Feeling

66% Prosperous / 33% Judging

51% Turbulant / 49% Assertive

• Like 1
KatsuTheWanderer

I took the test once in 2017 and once a few months ago. Both times Turbulent Mediator.

I always get INFJ.

And I just took another test to figure out that I'm T.

• 6 months later...
Auri-Fela-Mola-Davi

I think this is my third time taking the test. I took it twice today, and was surprised when I got adventurer, both times (I can't help but put slightly different answers in each time). However, my personality is very close to being exactly between Assertive and Turbulent, so the first time it listed me as turbulent the second time as assertive. (This time Assertive 51%, Turbulent, 49%) . 

When I last did the test, I was a mediator. I don't remember beyond that though. I am still listed as on the introverted side of the scale (69%)

I will note that some of the characteristics the Adventurer personality has do not fit me (I am not shy for example. Nor am I competitive)  Other parts fit me really well though

The French Unicorn

I just did the time again to know if I was assertive or turbulent as I didn't remember and I got ISFP-T.

But I say O was INFP cause that's what I got usually. And I get 49% N and 51% S, so I'm comfortable the test were mistaken here.

My results change a few times for me, because for the two letters in the middle I am kinda "in the middle" (49/51 for N/S and 47/53 for T/F... Whereas for J/P it is 1/99, at least I'm sure about this one). But the one I get the most is INFP and I think the description fits me more than others.

Sister Mercurial

WTF?!  I got ENTJ-T.  I think that's the first time I've done one of these that doesn't start with I.  

On 6/20/2022 at 7:22 PM, Sister Mercurial said:

WTF?!  I got ENTJ-T.  I think that's the first time I've done one of these that doesn't start with I.  

I've literally never got anything that starts with an 'E' in my life lol.

As I said in my post above last year, I take the whole thing with a grain of salt, but I acknowledge that it can be quite interesting and even somewhat useful, so I've delved into it a lot over the years and although I am quite confident now that INFP is the closest match to my personality, I've got INTP, INTJ, ISTJ and ISFP at various points. Interestingly, never INFJ, ISFJ or ISTP.

I got INTJ-T again. I think I might be more of an ISTJ when it comes to functions rather than the dichotomies though.

I have scored as ENTP, ENFP, and ESTJ on functions tests before, but I don’t think I’ve ever scored as an extrovert on a dichotomy test haha.

I'm pretty sure I'm ISFP which I found out by reading descriptions of every personality type

verily-forsooth-egads

Definitely INT, 2000% INT. I can't for the life of me understand the difference between J and P, and every test says I'm both.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, verily-forsooth-egads said:

Definitely INT, 2000% INT. I can't for the life of me understand the difference between J and P, and every test says I'm both.

That's pretty much where I land, too.

Blueberry Pie

Honestly, I don’t know how I feel about this test anymore. Every time I take this specific test on 16 Personalities, I get a different result. I just took it again today because of this thread, and I got ISTP-A. Previously, I’ve also gotten:

- INFJ (though I haven’t gotten that one since I was… 15? I seem to never be “judging” anymore.)

- INFP

- INTP

- ISFP

The only thing that stays the same every single time (so far) is that I’m an introvert. And I’m usually always “assertive.”

Edit: I guess I’ll just say ISTP-A for the purposes of this census thread. 🤷

This time around I got 

64% introverted

51% observant

61% thinking

86% prospecting

63% assertive

Edit 2: oh geez, the descriptions for ISTP-A sound NOTHING like me. XD

Edited by Blueberry Pie
  • 3 weeks later...
Grumpy Alien

I’m not a huge fan of these but I did use to consistently get INFP. I suspected it’s changed over the years so I took it again. Today, I got INFJ-T (“Advocate”) and that fits a lot better with my current self.

• 1 month later...

ISFJ turbulent defender. Fits me pretty well.  

The results of your personality test are in. Here they are:

Personality type: Defender (ISFJ-T)
Traits: Introverted – 90%, Observant – 63%, Feeling – 63%, Judging – 74%, Turbulent – 76%
Role: Sentinel
Strategy: Constant Improvement

• 2 weeks later...