16Personalities poll

Zimmermikeee

Personality types...  

134 members have voted

1. 1. What's your current personality type?

• Architect / INTJ
    • Logician / INTP
    • Commander / ENTJ
    • Debater / ENTP
    • Advocate / INFJ
    • Mediator / INFP
    • Protagonist / ENFJ
    • Campaigner / ENFP
    • Logistician / ISTJ
    • Defender / ISFJ
    • Executive / ESTJ
    • Consul / ESFJ
    • Virtuoso / ISTP
    • Adventurer / ISFP
    • Entrepreneur / ESTP
    • Entertainer / ESFP
  2. 2. Assertive or Turbulent?

• Assertive
    • Turbulent
  3. 3. Has your personality type changed over time?

• Yes, few times
    • Yes, once
    • No
    • I didn't retake the test
    • Today's my first time taking the test

This poll is closed to new votes

A poll for those who is interested in 16p

Curious to see which personality types ppl have 😄

Feel free to specify your answers

Lil bout me: i'm turbulent mediator and my test results described me 90% correct 0_0 

If you're not familiar w 16p yet, you can take the test here: https://www.16personalities.com

• Like 2
Oberon Jasper

Also a turbulent mediator!

• Like 1

Just a heads up, the 16 personalities test is not supported by science. There are more accurate personality tests out there.

• Like 7
Forest Spirit

It takes the Big Five traits and puts them together in a way, if you understand the Big Five it makes more sense🙂 or just take that test

• Like 1

Mediator or Campaigner most of the time, depends on the day lol.

I haven't seen the assertive or turbulent thing before tho, not sure.

• Like 1

unsure

i took it once and i think i got INFJ or INFP idk

didn't bother reading half of it because big text distracts me

• Like 1

It's really interesting to see INTP's are common here (so far). It's my type and INTP's only take up a small percentage of the population! Interested to see the final results of this. /o_o/

• Like 1

I got turbulent architect (INTJ-T) just now on that test, but I’ve gotten everything from ISFJ to ENTP on other tests.

• Like 1

I'm an INTJ and I don't know that because of 16personalities, or any test, but from learning about all the types and how they work and especially the cognitive functions, you get a lot more out of it that way.

But from tests I've gotten... let's see... INTJ, ISTJ, INFP, INFJ, ISFJ, the list goes on I'm sure.

• Like 1

Got INFP-T this time but the third letter can change sometimes to T (INTP).

• Like 1

Turbulent Campaigner.

Though in the past I've also gotten the Mediator or Adventurer. The only things that have always been pretty consistent have been my preferences for Feeling over Thinking and Perceiving over Judging.

• Like 1

I dunno, "jerk" isn't really an option on the tests, which are rigid enough as it is. I don't like tight little boxes when in reality many people are fluid, but one thing for sure is I'm a lot more introverted than extroverted.

I've taken this sort of test about a dozen times (I enjoy stupid personality quizzes ok) and I get a different answer every time I do it. I'm always an I (introvert) but the rest changes. Today I got ISTP-T.

INTP-T (Turbulent Logician) the vast majority of the time, occasionally INTJ (Architect).

• Like 1

I got INFJ-T the first time I took it, then I took it two more times to be sure (plus another quiz) and got ISTJ-T both times. 

• Like 1

The only thing that's REALLY stable for me is introvert. 

For the others, my scores are all in the 45-55% range every time I take one, and they float around a bit depending on version of the test.  Anyhow, I'm pretty balanced on the other three criteria, so I don't know that my personality type has changed; it's more that I have the traits of several types in balance, I'd say.

a little annihilation

I always get INTJ but this one says ISTJ

• Like 1

Ok. So far two people out of 39 have come in as introverted.

A while back, in response to this poll,

I  noted that it was interesting to me that such a large proportion of people said they were introverted.

People replied to me commenting that that was a poll ABOUT introversion, so it made sense that more introverted people had taken the poll.

Sure.

This time, though, the poll is about personality types in general, so we wouldn't necessarily expect an introversion bias based on the quiz (though we might still expect somewhat of one because we are an online community).  Surely not this much though.

Estimates of introversion in the general population vary widely, but it's well recognized to be the minority.  Less than 50%.

Yet here, even if we have some sampling error or unreliable results because of small sample size, or whatever, this is a really striking start, that more than 90% of respondents have had introverted personality types.

That is fascinating.

@sirenianI figure the ace community may tend towards introversion more. My guess.

I didn't vote but I'm actually at heart more extraverted than introvtered, but I flip between the two because of my experiences.

• Like 1
jellyfish_cake

Another turbulent mediator

so, @Sarah-Sylvia, this is what interests me.

Is there some intrinsic correlation between aceness and introversion?

Or is it the case that people who are ace are less comfortable with a lot of normative kinds of social interaction and have therefore learned to be more comfortable in their own company, but if they lived in a world where everyone was ace, they would tend toward extroverted behavior?  (I recognize that in some cases, and I infer yours is among them, it may also be about avoiding overt prejudicial behavior that you are trying to avoid. I see that as a separate and third possible explanation that I'm very sure accounts for many people beyond you, but which I would doubt would account for a majority of the community?)

In my case, introversion and aceness are seemingly unrelated. I am an introvert in that I genuinely am content in my own company and also because find spending time in large groups exhausting.  Even though I love  my friends and spending time with them, if I spend a couple of hours with them, I have to take a break before I can have the energy to do something else.  They've learned to let me take a break between an afternoon activity and dinner.  My introverted tendencies do not arise out of my aceness. 
(... although, ha ha, in my younger years I did mistakenly think that my aceness arose out of my introversion!  I mistakenly thought that the reason I wasn't interested in sex was because...  I preferred reading books to going to parties?  As though that was how it worked?  I figured that I was both self=confident and content with my own company and I didn't need anybody else to be happy, and only those socially needy people were interested in sex...  Oops.  I really had the wrong end of the stick, didn't I?  Did not understand what sexuality was at all.  Oh, I believed some incorrect things when I was young...)

Anyhow, I would be interested in knowing whether native introversion of the kind I have correlates with aceness in a non-causal way.  It seems like it must, given how many of us identified as introverts.  And I think that would be very very interesting, in the same way that I find it interesting that left-handedness correlates with certain things.

Then again, something more like what you describe, a behavioral reaction to the world around us, may account for the pattern?
But if so, that would be very sad.  Still interesting, but in an entirely different way...

• Like 1

btw, out of interest, I just looked to see whether there were old polls here about handedness.

Yup.  At least four:

https://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/162234-what-hand-do-you-and-your-parents-write-with

https://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/199216-your-dominant-hand

https://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/161720-ace-handedness-survey

https://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/179997-which-hand-is-dominant

Hmmm.

So apparently about 10% of the population at large is left-handed?

And in these few polls, anyhow, we seem to average somewhere in the 15 - 20% range.  

So, that's interesting.  Again, granted, small sample size.

But a notably larger percentage than the population at large, anyhow.

The jury is still very much out on whether handedness has anything to do with personality type, so this addendum is tangential to the current poll, for sure, but I'm really interested to know whether there are other traits that correlate with aceness, and since unlike introversion, handedness is something most of us settle on in childhood way before we determine our sexuality or lack there of, if there were a correlation, it would be easier to refute causality.

• Like 1

@sirenianJust wanted to say that I think they're interesting thoughts and don't think we can know for sure, but the impression I got is that sexual people are less likely to have a lot of the same kind of energy that you might see along someone extroverted. Someone close to me told me about a ace group that wanted to have meetups that contrasted from the lgbtq ones they'd seen in that they wanted it to be calmer and not as much about parties, or more boisterous things. So that adds to the impression I mentioned. I have those thoughts but it's entirely possible there's no hard relation.  It just seems like maybe there's at least something to it, with the poll and all.

I think a reaction to the world is an interesting thought too, maybe there could be something there.

• Like 1