sexual dreams

Brodertun

The "almost sexual" dream thread got me thinking.

I'm 25 years old and can recall having 3 sexual dreams in my life - and one of those dreams was more just watching sperm float up to the ovaries than anything to do with sex.

Now i'd find it hard to believe that asexual would be 25 and have only had3 sexual dreams in their lifetime, so I was wondering how often you all tend to have sexual dreams

The one I detailed in the other thread is the closest I've ever come to a sexual dream. :lol:

Hi Trip,

Well, I don't remember my dreams all that much, but I've had sexual dreams frequently (more when I was younger, which seems natural). Many of them were those dreams where you feel crushed when you wake up and discover it wasn't real. I recall a number of others that were frustrating, because I was having sex with someone I desired, yet couldn't feel anything physically (because, I imagine, I wasn't REALLY having sex)... I was happy when those ended.

-Chiaroscuro

[WARNING: HUGE ENORMOUS TMI.]

I happen to have pretty good dream recall, and a lot of my dreams have sexual content in them. It varies according to all kinds of random factors I don't know about; sometimes I'll have them several nights in a row, other times I'll go a few weeks without having any. I think it's to do with being relatively inexperienced and possibly repressed. I... um... haven't quite gotten the hang of how my body responds to stuff yet, so sex dreams are pretty much the only way it can release sexual tension. If you see what I mean.

They vary a lot. Sometimes they're VERY pleasant, even if I think the subject matter is weird or unappealing when I wake up. (Dreams tend to be a bit random/surreal for me, and coming up with sexual stimuli is no exception to that.) Sometimes they're like a normal dream except with something random and sexual thrown in. Sometimes they feel sort of gross or frustrating. It depends.

My boyfriend has a higher sex drive, but bad dream recall and a lot more ways of taking care of it while he's awake, and he has (or at least remembers having) very few of them. So I don't think it's 100% a sexualness/asexualness thing. It just depends where you keep things in your brain.

Mark from the OCD board

I may be a bit unusual here... And I have never understood what is going on with me...

Before I lost my virginity (age 24 and a half -- I am now 41) I had had a few pleasant sexual dreams (although not as many or as graphic as my friends had had). Most of these dreams were about men, but I also remember one about a woman playing a flute (the Captain's daughter on The Love Boat--how humiliating!) and one about a medieval suit of armor in a museum.

Since I started having sex I have, sadly, not had any sexual dreams. I usually wake up before (what would be for me) the good part. A case in point occurred recently. I dreamt a man I found very attractive was visiting my apartment, and I was flirting with him. As he lay down on my bed, I began to French kiss him.... And then I woke up.

Have you ever seen a movie in which somebody realizes that something is not real or is over and shouts "Noooooooooooooooooooo!" That's how I felt. ;)

I may be a bit unusual here... And I have never understood what is going on with me...

Before I lost my virginity (age 24 and a half -- I am now 41) I had had a few pleasant sexual dreams (although not as many or as graphic as my friends had had). Most of these dreams were about men, but I also remember one about a woman playing a flute (the Captain's daughter on The Love Boat--how humiliating!) and one about a medieval suit of armor in a museum.

Since I started having sex I have, sadly, not had any sexual dreams. I usually wake up before (what would be for me) the good part. A case in point occurred recently. I dreamt a man I found very attractive was visiting my apartment, and I was flirting with him. As he lay down on my bed, I began to French kiss him.... And then I woke up.

Have you ever seen a movie in which somebody realizes that something is not real or is over and shouts "Noooooooooooooooooooo!" That's how I felt. :(

all 3 of my sexual dreams were from before I had sex too

Though I think its largely because I posted this thread, but last night I had a dream I was cuddling with a member here. He had his shirt off - couldn't tell how fully clothed I was. (Atually he probably had all of his clothes off its just only the top of his body that was in the dream)

Well...honestly, I can't think of one sexual dream I have ever had....is that weird?

Me neither. But I have terrible dream recall, too.

Well I do have some sexual dreams, speacially when I havent had sex for a while. Ussually they are about my boyfriend or some movie star. I remember one with Antonio Banderas, Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt that was really fun to dream! :lol:

I'm 25 years old and can recall having 3 sexual dreams in my life - and one of those dreams was more just watching sperm float up to the ovaries than anything to do with sex.

Now i'd find it hard to believe that asexual would be 25 and have only had3 sexual dreams in their lifetime, so I was wondering how often you all tend to have sexual dreams

I do not believe this is unusual at all. When I read this, I snickered to myself-only because I am...well...a bit older than you and have NEVER had any sexual dreams that I can recall. R.E.M. sleep is very rare for me so that may be why...I have to rise right at the beginning of it @ 4 AM. :wink:

Scorpion

I do not believe this is unusual at all. When I read this, I snickered to myself-only because I am...well...a bit older than you and have NEVER had any sexual dreams that I can recall. R.E.M. sleep is very rare for me so that may be why...I have to rise right at the beginning of it @ 4 AM. :wink:

Scorpion

I hit REM sleep pretty much as soon as I fall asleep - If I'm asleep for 10 minutes, I'm dreaming (I know because sometimes I've my alarm set for aonly 10 or 15 minutes).

I don't trust her validity, but my sister has narcolepsy and she says they told her thats related to epilepsy (which I used to have) And that one of the things that can happen from narcolepsy is immediately going into REM sleep. *What I am trying to say is that I might have a sleep disorder, I guess

Scorpion

I hit REM sleep pretty much as soon as I fall asleep - If I'm asleep for 10 minutes, I'm dreaming (I know because sometimes I've my alarm set for aonly 10 or 15 minutes).

I don't trust her validity, but my sister has narcolepsy and she says they told her thats related to epilepsy (which I used to have) And that one of the things that can happen from narcolepsy is immediately going into REM sleep. *What I am trying to say is that I might have a sleep disorder, I guess

Yes from my understanding of narcolepsy is that's a sleep disorder of sorts. My grandmother had it and my daughter has epilepsy (genetic maybe?). Be careful with the narcolepsy...some people cannot drive b/c they have a tendency to fall asleep at the wheel...get it checked! :?

Of course these days I'm sure there are meds for it...good luck!

Scorpion :)

I'm also 25. It depends what you mean by 'sexual'? The few dreams I can recall were like your sperm dream. I think I did have a dream once about intercourse but I was looking at myself in the third person wondering what it would be like. I had two very strange dreams about sexual organs which freaked me out a bit. One was that I saw a guy I used to go to school with and found out he had no penis when he dropped his pants to pee in a stream! Another was that I found out my sister had alien sexual bits when we were sharing a room and I turned around too quick to give her time to change!!! Analysing it now I suspect the alien dream was about sexual things feeling alien to me and sensing my sister was changing. Not sure about the other though? The changing dream was interesting – I suspect some sexual people feel that way about themselves as they go through puberty? I read an interesting statement in my biology text book when we studied this sex education at school ‘you may feel you are turning into another animal but that is not biologically possible’! Wow that was a personal insight into the author’s experience I think!

Mid30s, male, can't remember more than one dream where I made a romantic fool out of myself by helping a not that great girl carrying trash across the whole town for some recycling BS reason or just to discard it at another place.

I never remembered a dream about cudling, holding hands and similar stuff.

I am Sasquatch

Late teens for me; my dreams are but sparse. To count, I've only had one sexual dream which lasted for what felt as an infinitely short amount of time. Wow, I am NOTHING like my friends.

40's..female...I have great recall of my dreams. I do enjoy dreaming and about once a month it is sexual. The last sexual dream was an offer from a male and female married couple who wanted to exchange partners with myself and my husband. In the dream I wanted to do it very much but didnt as my husband was asexual and not into sex with anyone.

A month later the dream returned and this time I did cheat on my husband with the male (same characters as before) and had incredible sex.

In real life I was content sexually for several days thanks to this dream. :D It has been a year since my last sexual encounter with my husband. This part is heart wrenching for me.

WendyO

I have had a few dreams with sexual content, but they were all nightmares so that might be different.

The best sexual experience I had took place during lucid dreaming - that would then be a combo of a sexual dream and RL sex right? I can't remember what I was dreaming though, I can only remember feeling aroused in the dream and IRL.

Only remember one, and it was basically me watching a couple in a dingy flat (apartment). It didn't arouse me, but I remember longing and jealousy. I suspect it was about wanting intimacy and normality. I don't recall any dreams in which I'm personally having any kind of sexual encounter. I have been aroused in dreams, but those were masochist in nature, not in response to other people.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a 31 year old virgin with excellent dream recall. I have a dream journal that I began in 2001, and I dream regularly every night.

Of those hundreds and hundreds of dreams, maybe 3 or 4 were sexual in nature, at least with someone else. And they weren't even all that explicit. One was a rather nice dream, me scootching away, him scootching closer, he kisses the back of my neck, I turn over...and it ends. It was one of the best dreams I've ever had, because it was more about *us* than about sex.

A *lot* of them (maybe 25% of these dreams) were me helping myself, and whether I am successful in the dream pretty much mirrors my comfort or frustration with my waking life.

I've never once had a sexual dream. But I'm only 19 so I suppose there's still time? *shrug*

I never really had any, not with people anyway. Mostly dreams of me rubbing up against things and that feeling good. I think once when I was 13 I had a very brief, short and non-detailed sex dream but that was it.

Revenge of Rain

One a few years ago--that's all I can think of.

*is sexual*

*can't help but feel some rp nostalgia every time he does this*

*misses the frogs*

Archived