My friend want to end the friendship

I'm demisexual and I got feelings for my best friend. The thing is, she discovered I had feelings for her and she want to end everything, but she is the best person of my life and I don't wanna lose her. I don't care if she doesn't want anything more, if my feelings gonna be listened or not, cause the important thing for me is not my feelings being reciprocated, it's her friendship, is to have her in my life, but she thinks it's stupid having a friendship like that... What can I do?

Sorry if my english is bad

This sounds like a very difficult situation, I'm sorry you must go through this. I've had friendships end before. Those moments can be very painful. Sometimes people can continue a friendship, knowing the other person has feelings for them and other times not. My advice: Give your friend some space. It's best not to pressure them to talk. Then after about a week, ask to speak with them. Tell them how you feel about being just friends. Don't have any expectations in their reaction. Don't push. Let them know what you would like in a friendship with them. If they are not interested, there isn't anything more you can do. You be honest with them, but it takes two to agree. You aren't responsible for their choice, that is up to them. If they want to try being friends then go from there, remembering boundaries. I really hope your friendship can continue. But know, these situations can be very emotionally hard~ for a while. Even if they say they want to stay friends, give them space, don't crowd them after their decision.

• Like 7
On 8/16/2021 at 7:56 PM, GingerRose said:

This sounds like a very difficult situation, I'm sorry you must go through this. I've had friendships end before. Those moments can be very painful. Sometimes people can continue a friendship, knowing the other person has feelings for them and other times not. My advice: Give your friend some space. It's best not to pressure them to talk. Then after about a week, ask to speak with them. Tell them how you feel about being just friends. Don't have any expectations in their reaction. Don't push. Let them know what you would like in a friendship with them. If they are not interested, there isn't anything more you can do. You be honest with them, but it takes two to agree. You aren't responsible for their choice, that is up to them. If they want to try being friends then go from there, remembering boundaries. I really hope your friendship can continue. But know, these situations can be very emotionally hard~ for a while. Even if they say they want to stay friends, give them space, don't crowd them after their decision.

She actually talked with me, I think she just need some time as you are saying. Thanks!

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

feel free to reach out if you still need help/advice! seemed like you got it solved though:)

• 8 months later...

This is a sad situation to find one self in 

Is perhaps she afraid that you will always have lingering feelings for her? 

You can not reasonably force a person to stay freinds with you if they lost interest 

I am sorry for your predicament. As far as advice I would try to discuss it with them. 

Explain that you do not just want a relationship with them and you will eventually get over the crush. 

If not you might have to move on and I know its hard and I been in that sort of situation before. 

Losing friends can be a very painful experience for anyone truly.