Difference between cis-genderless, gender apathetic, and cassgender?

Caramell

Cis-genderless, gender apathetic, and cassgender are three labels that I've been looking into, but I can't really figure out the difference between them? I don't mean to offend anyone who identifies with either one or more of these, I just can't really see the difference(/s).. so, if someone could explain the them I'd really appreciate it :)

Janus the Fox

Cassgender certantly explains my own lack of importance to my own gender.  Difference is, is that I also don’t have a gender, I’m Agender as well with a sex preference for being the opposite as Trans as well.

I’m beginning to wonder that while, I only use the Agender and MtF Trans terms, my own gender can easily be described in 6 parts or more. :cake:

@Janus DarkFox, since you identify as cassgender (along with other identities), how would you say your feelings (or I guess lack of feelings) towards gender is different from gender apathetic?

(I just realized that cis-genderless is basically defaulting to your cis-gender identity while the other two don't necessarily mean that.. so now I'm trying to figure out the difference between cassgender and gender apathetic) 

(Also, thank you for the cake 🍰)

Star Crossed Loner

Sometimes, a single thing has many different names.

Janus the Fox
39 minutes ago, Tifferns said:

@Janus DarkFox, since you identify as cassgender (along with other identities), how would you say your feelings (or I guess lack of feelings) towards gender is different from gender apathetic?

(I just realized that cis-genderless is basically defaulting to your cis-gender identity while the other two don't necessarily mean that.. so now I'm trying to figure out the difference between cassgender and gender apathetic) 

(Also, thank you for the cake 🍰)

Looking it up, I’d say the apathy for labels for me is also rather weak as well, so there’s a lack of importance (cassgender), a lack of gender itself (Agender or Trans-genderless) and a weak association to the gender labels I use as well (gender apathetic) so in practice I’m all three of these, keeping just the Trans and Agender for personal communication and identity.  Gender seems unimportant despite knowing there’s no gender and the opposite sex preference, along with sexuality, romance etc.  It isn’t something that’s an important part for who I an

SilenceRadio

I'm pretty sure Cassgender and Gender Apathetic are synonymous. One is in the form of gender, the other isn't.

47 minutes ago, SilenceRadio said:

I'm pretty sure Cassgender and Gender Apathetic are synonymous. One is in the form of gender, the other isn't.

Oh okay. So would gender apathetic be a way to describe your feelings of apathy/indifference towards your gender label (like cis, trans, etc..), and cassgender would be a gender label on it's own where it would mean that you feel that your gender is unimportant..?

SilenceRadio
25 minutes ago, Tifferns said:

Oh okay. So would gender apathetic be a way to describe your feelings of apathy/indifference towards your gender label (like cis, trans, etc..), and cassgender would be a gender label on it's own where it would mean that you feel that your gender is unimportant..?

Pretty much!

Cassgender seems almost like an implicit part of my use of the label genderless. I would almost say that I have "gendering dysphoria" rather than gender dysphoria. I don't identify with the gender corresponding to my birth sex, but I also don't identify with any other gender that differs from it. It's not "being misgendered" that upsets me, because that would require there to be a correct gender for me. It's the very act of people gendering me at all.

Okay, the universe has a weird sense of humor. I was looking up cassgender to see what the flag looked like and I found this....

Alexigender | LGBTA Wiki | Fandom (wikia.org)

In regards to expression/presentation, this is spot on. In regards to identity, genderless is accurate.
Also, I find this ironic because Alexi is my preferred given name (although not my preferred familiar name)

I'm not sure about the terminology, but just speaking for myself I'm pretty indifferent to gender/being gendered (as in how people refer to me). What I've realized is I'm more interested in being girly than in being a girl, if that makes sense. I am AMAB, but I love lots of things that are deemed girly or feminine, such as frilly dresses (on the other hand, it's much more than just the dresses). I often wish I had a body form and general appearance better suited to such things. I envy people who do, regardless of their assigned gender at birth or other physical characteristics or anything. I don't think there is any sort of transitioning that could work for me, because they can't really make a person shorter or reduce the size of hands and feet or "fix" some of the other things that make a person appear and sound masculine, especially once they have gone through puberty and the effects of testosterone. (I know there are some things they can do, but for me personally it wouldn't be enough and I think that would make me dysphoric, whereas the way I am now I'm more just wistful, if that makes sense - I can dream, but be at some level of peace knowing it's just a dream, and unattainable at a level I'd be satisfied with.)

binary suns

Cassgender is a gender identity where one feels that their gender is unimportant or where one is indifferent to the idea of gender. Cassgender is different from a lack of gender, as a cassgender individual might have a gender but not feel that it's an important part of their identity.

Cis-genderless, Cisgenderless, or Cis By Default is the act of defaulting to one's assigned gender due to a lack of gendered feeling and possibly a lack of understanding of gender. 

Gender apathetic

This term describes someone who doesn't strongly identify with any gender or with any gender labels.

they're definitely similar though. cassgender apears to be an identity with indifference, whereas gender apathetic is the lack of identity, and cisgenderless is cis by default.

52 minutes ago, Ashe. said:

Cassgender is a gender identity where one feels that their gender is unimportant or where one is indifferent to the idea of gender. Cassgender is different from a lack of gender, as a cassgender individual might have a gender but not feel that it's an important part of their identity.

Cis-genderless, Cisgenderless, or Cis By Default is the act of defaulting to one's assigned gender due to a lack of gendered feeling and possibly a lack of understanding of gender. 

Gender apathetic

This term describes someone who doesn't strongly identify with any gender or with any gender labels.

they're definitely similar though. cassgender apears to be an identity with indifference, whereas gender apathetic is the lack of identity, and cisgenderless is cis by default.

Thanks, I think I get it now! This cleared up a bunch of things :)

Archived