speaking of gyno, this will make you laugh

sakura_alice

I remember a topic somewhere about hating the gyno, and the other day my grandmother sent me this joke by e-mail, it's hilarious, enjoy! =3

I was due for an appointment with the gynecologist later in the

>>> week.

>>>

>>> Early one morning, I received a call from the doctor's office

>>> to tell me that I had been rescheduled for that morning at 9:30

am.

>>>

>>> I had only just packed everyone off to work and school, and it

was

>>> already around 8:45 a.m.

>>>

>>> The trip to his office took about 35 minutes, so I didn't have

>>> any time to spare.

>>>

>>> As most women do, I like to take a little extra effort over

>>> hygiene when making such visits, but this time I wasn't going to

be

>>> able

>>

>>>to

>>> make the full effort.

>>>

>>> So, I rushed upstairs, threw off my pajamas, wet the washcloth

>>> that was sitting next to the sink, and gave myself a quick wash

in

>>> that

>>> area to make sure I was at least presentable.

>>>

>>> I threw the washcloth in the clothes basket, donned some

>>> clothes, hopped in the car and raced to my appointment.

>>>

>>> I was in the waiting room for only a few minutes when I was

>>> called in.

>>>

>>> Knowing the procedure, as I'm sure you do, I hopped up on the

>>> table, looked over at the other side of the room and pretended

that I

>>> was in Paris or some other place a million miles away.

>>>

>>> I was a little surprised when the doctor said, "My, we have

>>> made an extra effort this morning, haven't we?" I didn't

respond.

>>>

>>> After the appointment, I heaved a sigh of relief and went home.

>>>

>>> The rest of the day was normal. Some shopping, cleaning, cooking.

>>>

>>> After school when my 6 year old daughter was playing, she

>>> called out from the bathroom, "Mommy, where's my washcloth?"

>>>

>>> I told her to get another one from the cupboard.

>>>

>>> She replied, "No, I need the one that was here by the sink, it

>>> had all my glitter and sparkles saved inside it."

>>>

>>> NEVER going back to that doctor ever!

*chokes and spits all over the monitor*

Dang ... I hate it when that happens! :P

-GB

OK THIS MAY BE TOO MUCH INFO!!!! i'll leave some space so you can skip if'n ya want....

ok so i have my well woman today, right? and it's only my second visit with this doctor, who sees literally 6 patients per hour (that's what's scheduled anyway - a few may get up and leave, but it's the county so what're you going to do)

anyway, i SHOULD, i suppose, be flattered that he remembered me at all, but he's .. down there .. and he's .. doing his thing .. and .. i'm enduring the invasion, as it were..

and outta nowhere he goes "so how is your photography class going?"

i just busted out laughing and was like - dr mac, it's fine, but is this really the time? :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

Sakura Alice...thank you so much for that post...I've not long comein from work after one of the worst shifts ever, and I really needed a laugh. Absolutely priceless. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

A friend of mine told me a similar story.

She had to nip to the loo before her exam, but there was no paper in the cubicle. So rooting through her handbag she found a tissue to use.

During the exam the gyno started laughing and suddenly produced a stamp, much to her mortification.

All my love,

Kate

• 2 weeks later...
Genetically_Dead

:lol:When I was a teenage girl, I went to my mother's gyno for my first exam. The doctor tried to make me comfort and talked small chat to me as he started his exam of me down there. Half way through he informed me I looked just like my mother. To this day I wonder if that was my face or my twat. :oops:

Very funny, all that glitter and the stamp!

I was having a probe done at "l'Hotel Dieu" (Hotel of God I suppose) a teaching hospital in Rennes, France.

As I was layed out on display, the intern asked me what contraception I used and I said I wasn't using any. Stupefied he sat back, and asked me if I wasn't worried about getting pregnant, upon which I said that that would indeed be a miracle. I didn't elaborate.

:D ROFLMAO :D

Hmm, I was born at a hospital in New Orleans called the Hotel Dieu. I just Googled it, and found out it means "House of God", and was started by the Daughters of Charity nuns in 1859. In 1992 it was sold to the state and is now "University Hospital".

:D ROFLMAO :D

Hmm, I was born at a hospital in New Orleans called the Hotel Dieu. I just Googled it, and found out it means "House of God", and was started by the Daughters of Charity nuns in 1859. In 1992 it was sold to the state and is now "University Hospital".

Well yes, hôtel, hostel, house, all similar things really with all that Anglo-Saxon Anglo-Norman mishmash of language of the past - bu tmost importantly it's pity mine wasn't very Godly...

This establishement was part of the enormous Regional Teaching Hospital Pontchaillou in Rennes and State Run with rather hard-nut consultants and interns - "What are you fussing about? It's just bad period pains" was one comment I got at the end of an endometriosis attack. I think God must have used that hotel once then packed his bags after one night! Wise move!

But hey! Let's get more funny annecdotes going here!

• 2 weeks later...

I read this on the 'net:

A new, young MD was doing his residency in gynecology. He was quite embarrassed performing female pelvic exams. To conceal his embarrassment he had unconsciously formed a habit of whistling softly.

A middle aged lady upon whom he was performing this exam suddenly burst out laughing and further embarrassed him.

He looked up from his work and sheepishly said, “I'm sorry. Was I tickling you?”

She replied, “No doctor, but the song you were whistling was 'I wish I were an Oscar Meyer Wiener.' ”

Having seen more than my fair share of gynaecologists, I have to say that you need a fair degree of humour to go through with them. When I went to see the last consultant, his attitude was I'd already had my family, didn't need a uterus any more so a hysterectomy was the only option.

My response was if he had a lump on his penis, how would he react if I were to say to him that he'd already his family and didn't need it any more so we might as well chop it off. Didn't go down too well!

*Consultants in the UK have spent a lot of time and energy losing the 'Doctor' tag to become a 'Mr', and don't like to be questioned.*

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, I didn't think anything about gynos or that matter could be funny, but that first joke did get a little chuckle out of me.

• 3 months later...
Rikusephirosu

Oh My! I wasnt expecting that!

• 1 month later...

It's perhaps odd that I, a 41 year old woman, has had funny experiences with a urologist. But I have.

My youngest son was born with a fairly common genital birth defect called a hypospadius. In his case, his urethrea exited his penis half way down the shaft. This needs to be corrected by surgery because it affects fertility, and he had an associated oddness which gave him a really severe bend when erect.

So we spent a lot of time with pediatric urologists.

The doctor who did his first surgery was named, no joke, Dr. P. O. Williot. Very flamboyent, very French, and he kept muttering that my son's penis would be a "work of art".

He actually did do a very nice job. He also thought Ben's natural endowment (together with his artistic work) would make him very popular later in life. :-)

Really funny guy.

Endurance

Archived