An invitation to take part in my study

Georgia Atkinson

Georgia Atkinson

Hello everyone, 

I have recently discovered Asexuality as a sexual orientation and have found that I identify as Asexual. 

I am currently studying for my Master's at the University of Sunderland (UK), and want to invite a few people to take part in a study I am conducting that looks into the masking and concealment behaviours for those that identify as Asexual, and any mental health issues that have arose. I am looking to conduct a short interview with a few people to discuss any struggles they have had with hiding their sexuality, coming out, and how this has impacted their mental health. 

If you are interested in taking part, or want more information about the study, please email me directly on my student email - bh73zv@student.sunderland.ac.uk

I would love to hear from you and am looking forward to conducting this study, hopefully raising more awareness for Asexuality. 

All the best, 

Georgia 

everywhere and nowhere

I guess it's not a study for me because I don't try to hide in any way that I'm asexual. I may not walk around with the words "I'm asexual" painted on my forehead ;), but I often wear an ace ring (more specifically: these days, due to the pandemic, I mostly go out for grocery shopping, library pick-up / return and sport purposes, and I'm specifically uncomfortable with wearing a ring when cycling. But if I go out without my bike, I do wear it), I take care not to look sxually attractive, and would specifically never lie if asked about my orientation. I'm happy with being asexual, I'm proud to accpt myself, I'm also sex-averse, so I would be uncomfortable with people assuming that I might be sexually active - so altogether, I see no reasons to hide my orientation.

• 3 weeks later...

This study has been approved by the Project Team.

kelico

Project Team

Georgia Atkinson

Hello Everyone, 

I have now got all of the participants I need for this study. Thank you to everyone who expressed an interest in taking part!

Georgia 

Archived