The Experiences of Asexuals & Aromantics on the Autism Spectrum

DoubleATripleA

DoubleATripleA

Hey everyone. Towards the end of last year, I held a survey on what it was like to be autistic and aromantic &/or asexual. I got 78 usable responses, which is not bad considering the more niche survey topic (I shared the survey on some different sites). This took me a long time to put together and I hope you find it as interesting as I do. If you have any problems navigating the document or you think it has an error, don't hesitate to tell me in this thread or in my contact email in the document. I will also be making a YouTube video accompanying this survey with a bit about my own experience being autistic and aromantic on my channel Triple A .

Link to document

Thanks, for posting the survey results. I, especially, liked reading the written responses; many of them described how I feel, which kind of surprised me, as I haven't been diagnosed with Autism.

As an introvert (I guess), who's always felt shy, awkward and quiet (and had some classmates and teachers comment about it), I, also grew up feeling different from others (e.g. not understanding why others were interested in dating, romance; dating rituals; being more interested in hobbies than people, etc.), since so many seemed to be extroverts.

The only thing I don't think I do is "stimming." I'm unsure what "sensory overload" is (for people with Autism). I don't like loud noises and feel irritated and distracted with neighbors setting off fireworks, revving and having their truck engines running in the driveway or in their backyard for almost half and hour, etc., but I didn't think of that as any kind of name, like "sensory overload," even though it felt like an overload, for me (because I thought it was normal for people to have noises they felt were too much).

Unofficial, online tests I've taken say that I'm, mostly, neurotypical.

DoubleATripleA
On 6/29/2021 at 12:52 AM, DoubleATripleA said:

Hey everyone. Towards the end of last year, I held a survey on what it was like to be autistic and aromantic &/or asexual. I got 78 usable responses, which is not bad considering the more niche survey topic (I shared the survey on some different sites). This took me a long time to put together and I hope you find it as interesting as I do. If you have any problems navigating the document or you think it has an error, don't hesitate to tell me in this thread or in my contact email in the document. I will also be making a YouTube video accompanying this survey with a bit about my own experience being autistic and aromantic on my channel Triple A .

Link to document

And here is a downloadable PDF version

• 2 weeks later...
DoubleATripleA
On 6/29/2021 at 12:52 AM, DoubleATripleA said:

Link to document

Here is the video highlighting some of the more interesting questions (imo) and talking a bit about my experience

Archived