Research Request: Survey on sexuality, face preferences, and gender norms

Jarle

Hi all, 

We received the following from Jared, a doctoral student at Oakland University: 

To participate you must be at least 18 years old.

The purpose of this study is to compare asexual and allosexual individuals reported attraction to male and female faces, as well as their conformation to gender norms. If you consent to participate in this study, you will answer questionnaires on your sexual orientation, rate which of two faces you consider to be more attractive, and rate how well certain phrases describe you.

The entire survey is estimated to take 45 minutes to complete and participation in this survey is completely voluntary.

To begin, please click the URL link below. Due to the nature of some of the items used, this survey should not be completed on a smartphone.

Thank you!

https://oakland.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_aftdTGr3dRVDfue

Principal Investigator: Jared Edge (jarededge@oakland.edu), Doctoral Student at Oakland University

This study has been approved by the Research Approval Board. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks.  I have participated.  I wanted to indicate that I have prosopagnosia, which might influence the results.  In some cases, I couldn't tell any difference between the two faces shown.  However, the survey finished before I deduced a way of indicating this.

Well that was interesting, no uncomfortable questions imo

(bit like scientology questionnaires - figure its just to root out random / nonsensical (fake) responses)

Interesting questions. I do wish the word "again" were removed from the questions about sex as some of us have never had nor ever plan to have sex.

• 3 weeks later...

There were a couple of questions where I noticed myself appreciating the ambiguity of the "neither true nor false" choice!

• 1 month later...

The researcher has asked us to bump this for more participation. If you have yet to participate here, you still have time!

kelico

PT

• 2 weeks later...

Does the survey account for sex to earn money, or is it simply asking about non-sex work related activity? I answered including sex work client activity.

Archived