Research Survey - Ideas around eroticism & asexuality

kelico

This request is from Harriet Steele, an University of Edinburgh undergraduate currently doing research for their Social Anthropology dissertation. They wish to post a series of questionnaires to the online asexual community, of which this is their first.

This research project is being conducted following the ethical guidelines and approval of the School of Social and Political Science’s at The University of Edinburgh by a Social Anthropology Honours student for an Undergraduate dissertation. The aim of this research project is to understand how ideas around the erotic and eroticism may be subverted by using asexuality as a lens - both within society and the everyday lives of asexual-identifying individuals as well as in academic theory. Furthermore, looking at how moving beyond a limited understanding of the erotic as only connected to sex and the sexual may change society and normative understandings of human sexuality and desire. In investigating a nuanced view of the erotic and sexuality the voices of individuals who identify as asexual will be invaluable and it is my hope will contribute significantly to challenging societies assumptions about sexuality and the binary of homo/heterosexual.

My engagement with the wider asexual community will be done predominately through a series of questionnaires, however there will also be the opportunity to participate in some online interviews/focus groups if this is of interest. The questionnaires therefore remaining anonymous unless you provide your email address at the end.'

My study is only open to people who are 18 years or older.

Here is the link to the questionnaire: https://edinburgh.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_b2e8PRCj5PhK6F0

This study has been approved by the Project Team.

On behalf of PT,

kelico

Purple Red Panda

I have done this survey and award myself a gold star and a lollipop 🍭

Onomatopoet

Came back from the dead just to do this

DemonicEnby

For the funny look it would usually generate I'll just pat my shoulder and tell myself, that I did well by having done that survey

Damn, it took me like 1,5h

14 minutes ago, taetae said:

Damn, it took me like 1,5h

That's okay; I like being thorough with surveys, so I take my time, too.

I feel that being as detailed with my responses--if I feel I have things to explain and should help clarify my responses, for researchers--is more helpful for research than clicking categories, without explaining anything (which, I kind of worry could lead to vague interpretations, misunderstandings, etc.)

Archived