New movie "Dear Luke, love me"

Twy

So today I found this: 

https://instagram.com/dearlukeloveme

Guillermo Diaz, the best actor from the Scandal series, is directing a movie about a love story between two asexuals.

The main characters and the main story will be about asexuality. Not the secondary characters or that girl that appears 5 minutes in an episode xD

The movie is still in the early steps of development though... Let's hope it gets done :)

Category: film 

Title: Dear Luke, love me 

Date: December 2020 (first Instagram post, but maybe the date of release is more relevant?)

Linkhttps://middlemproductions.com/dear-luke-love-me 

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post it or if it has already been posted... I tried looking for it but didn't found anything. 

Maybe I just don't like romance films, but I'm unsure about what the content of the film is beyond "ace romance"

Perhaps that's a more important message than I realize, and a film about asexual romance has a self-fulfilling message that only seems obvious to me because it's normal to me?

Or maybe it's about death and friendship and I simply am missing the obvious

9 hours ago, crazy ace said:

Maybe I just don't like romance films, but I'm unsure about what the content of the film is beyond "ace romance"

Perhaps that's a more important message than I realize, and a film about asexual romance has a self-fulfilling message that only seems obvious to me because it's normal to me?

Well i think that they made this movie because there are really no ace representation whatsoever in movies and they want people to know that it exists and that it's ok. For the message of the movie, i checked and apparently their relationship is queerplatonic:https://www.imdb.com/title/tt12937222/

• 1 month later...
Click4caroline
On 6/13/2021 at 10:11 AM, crazy ace said:

Hi! 

I’m the marketing producer of “Dear Luke, Love Me”, and our aim with this film is to not only create asexual representation, but also include more representation for acespec characters.  We also want to make sure that asexuality is not the focal part of the film. Yes it is a film about two acespec people, but it’s more about their alterous story and their journey and relationship over a time period of a decade. 

Bring a Kleenex!

If you have any more questions please feel free to hit us up over on I sta gram! We just got 5k in a month, and our Kickstarter launches August 17th! 

www.Instagram.com/dearlukeloveme

- Caroline 

they/them + aroace

Archived