Article - DOCTOR WHO Explores the Rich Complexity of Asexuality

Forest Spirit

Thanks for sharing! I've never clicked so fast on an article...

Does this make me a nerd   or am I way too queer? (*rethorical question*)

Forest Spirit
6 minutes ago, - Saph - said:

😅 maybe just both?

3 minutes ago, Quasar.w said:

😅 maybe just both?

I was considering this as well but did not dare to suggest it

Honestly, i'm surprised an article like this wasn't written earlier.

SpaceDustbin

I'm taking the bits about Eleven and Twelve with a slight grain of salt, because I'm not that fond of Moffat's writing/characterisation :lol:, but otherwise it's a nice article, and great that they included Eight's audio range

Actually I'd not say that the series (only watched it staring at 2005) tells us much about the doctors sexuality. Actually there are many series not showing any sexual interactions of certain characters, all characters or main characters.

(But I'm not sure if I'm just overlooking that, cause I haven't ever really took notion of. Although my favorite series (Doctor Who ... It's unfortunate that the latest two seasons are shit btw), my favorite book(s) (Gregor the Overlander ... But I'm not reading much books) and my favorite movie(s) (Frozen) seem to have main characters that do not care about sex. (But that's not that special I think, cause all are media produced manely for children ... Hm, what does that tell people about me?)

Uh, but my favorite musical contains sex (Wicked ... It's the only musical I can remember hearing/watching).

I read that article, but am not sure if I understoof parts correctly. Was that asexualy thing more prominent in the older episodes? Like directly mentioned?

Forest Spirit

As far as I know the Doctors sexual orientation is never mentioned directly, but there are many moments of "not showing much/any interest" and other moments that can be interpreted as ace moments. So it has become a wide-spread head canon🙂

The part about the Master surprised me, as I've never noticed any serious "sexual undercurrent" between them. Just a very messy friendship and the Master being manipulative and just... the Master😅 but well

Luftschlosseule

But this scene made it clear that the Doctor/Master relationship has always had a sexual undercurrent.

Hahhaha, no. Wait, wait, wait. Is kneeling as such seen as sexual and ... wait I have to think about this. I am so confused rn.

Forest Spirit
2 hours ago, Luftschlosseule said:

Hahhaha, no. Wait, wait, wait. Is kneeling as such seen as sexual and ... wait I have to think about this. I am so confused rn.

😅 Idk, I guess because it's submissive. But... that was the point, to make the Doctor feel "lesser" or "less powerful". I didn't read anything sexual into that either

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2021 at 1:38 PM, - Saph - said:

Read it fast myself. I saw the beginnings of sparkage with Rose and #9, definitely with #10, but not after. For sexual business, look to Captain Jack; not seen but definitely mentioned.

Archived