• Worcester Sauce
    • Tomato Ketchup
    • Salt and Pepper
    • Paprika
    • Barbecue
    • Chili
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

I have seen All Dressed chips here, and liked them. I'd try prawn, crab, dill pickle, and some of the other flavors, but we don't seem to get those.

Sarah-Sylvia

My favorite walker is @FreeWalkerXD

Best flavour. (does that sound too weird? ...)

• Like 3

Easy. Jalapeño.

Amazon.com: Lay's Kettle Cooked Jalapeño Flavored Potato Chips, 8 Ounce

• Like 2

@Sarah-Sylvia Um, that can be taken in a weird way, yes.

Is Ready Salted the generic unflavored ones? I'm not big on chips or snacks, but when I'm offered I'll take those. I do like BBQ flavors... and cheddar jalapeno sounds good... I enjoy sour cream and onion dip...

• Like 2
a little annihilation

I have never heard of prawn cocktail and it sounds interesting

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Sarah-Sylvia said:

My favorite walker is @FreeWalkerXD

Best flavour. (does that sound too weird? ...)

I'll take it in good faith you don't want to lick me XD

• Like 1

For the chips though. I don't usually eat chips and haven't had all of them, but barbecue or classic are excellent. However. I've also crumbled salt and vinegar onto a steak I was gifted at the ocean and cooked on a rock, so there's some strong competition.

• Like 2
Sarah-Sylvia

tbh I don't really like lays chips. And I've never heard of walkers before XD.

Mixing bbq and ketchup together might be alright tho.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, PorcupineOfDoom said:

After a hearty debate earlier on today about which flavour of Walkers is best (prawn cocktail, obviously), I'm curious to see what everyone's favourite is. The flavours might not entirely translate to other countries, but I've tried to include the most popular ones.

I think I would like prawn cocktail, just haven't tried that one yet. :D My favourite is BBQ.

• Like 1
Grumpy Alien

Walkers: Baked cheese and onion

Lays: Classic*

Yes, I know they’re the same brand. But the flavours and names are different. (Like cheese and onion doesn’t exist in the US. I’ve also never seen baked varieties there. What we’d call classic/original/plain is called “ready salted” in the UK.)

*Classic isn’t actually my favourite but more of a go-to. There’s better flavours but if I’m in the mood for something salty, plain is always good. I really like cheddar and sour cream, honey bbq, Dill pickle, and limón.

• Like 1
SpaceDustbin

This sounds very UK-based :lol:

Salt & Vinegar and Ketchup are my favourites over there, and in NL my go-to's are Cheese & Onion and Bolognaise 

• Like 2

Smoky Bacon

People from outside the UK will find the size of the crisp aisle(s) in supermarkets surprising. As an aside,the Walkers factory in Leicester is the biggest crisp factory in the world

• Like 2
fooledbysecrecy

not a huge fan of crisps but if i ever eat them it's just the plain ones :lol: can tolerate salt & vinegar too

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Skycaptain said:

People from outside the UK will find the size of the crisp aisle(s) in supermarkets surprising.

To me the odd thing is the grocery store I usually shop at has 2 aisles of chips, but doesn't have most of the flavors people mentioned here. Lots of variety, but not. :( :P 

• Like 1

Bbc 6 music weekend breakfast show Radcliffe & maconie has a segments on it called "Crisps on the radio" where listeners have sent them crisps and they try to discern the flavours of it by taste

• Like 1
PorcupineOfDoom
38 minutes ago, iff said:

Bbc 6 music weekend breakfast show Radcliffe & maconie has a segments on it called "Crisps on the radio" where listeners have sent them crisps and they try to discern the flavours of it by taste

Ooh, interesting. What sort of flavours are we talking about, the standard sort of ones or weird ones like in Taskmaster? 😛 

8 hours ago, PorcupineOfDoom said:

Ooh, interesting. What sort of flavours are we talking about, the standard sort of ones or weird ones like in Taskmaster? 😛 

Unusual flavours

Like many of the flavors people talked about here that video is unavailable in my country. :P 

• Like 1
PorcupineOfDoom
3 hours ago, daveb said:

Like many of the flavors people talked about here that video is unavailable in my country. :P 

One more thing you're missing out on - the US version of Taskmaster was rubbish 😛

• Like 1
Knight of Cydonia

All Dressed (a Canadian flavour) are the best, followed by Sour Cream & Onion.

• Like 2
ace and-or confused

Barbecue is good, I like barbecue. Plain are just kinda meh, especially Lay’s plain which is like salted, crispy paper. I don’t really like Lay’s sour cream and onion, mainly because Utz has a way better sour cream and onion. If we’re allowed to deviate from plain old potato chips though, I’d go for SunChips. It’s a crying shame they replaced them with Ruffles in the variety packs.

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

@PorcupineOfDoom

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organisation, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator