• Tomato Ketchup
    • Salt and Pepper
    • Paprika
    • Barbecue
    • Chili
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

PorcupineOfDoom

After a hearty debate earlier on today about which flavour of Walkers is best (prawn cocktail, obviously), I'm curious to see what everyone's favourite is. The flavours might not entirely translate to other countries, but I've tried to include the most popular ones.

edit: oh wait i get it now-

it's this thing-

Walkers Prawn Cocktail Crisps - 32.5g - A Bit of Home (Canada)

since the logo resembles Lays, i'mma say that my favorite flavours are original salted and ketchup

(idk if they have it where you are but in canada we have ketchup flavour n it doesn't taste too bad tbh)

• Like 1

Roast Chicken or these:

26805129-7114-440-D-AA73-13-CCE4428633.p

And if I may be so bold as to mention some non-Walkers crisps...

Taytos. Cheese & Onion flavour. The Northern Irish Taytos, not the ones from the Republic. Those are good too, but I prefer the ones from NI. Confusingly, they're not the same company.

7-A620-D93-675-D-4-C18-BBDC-7-B6-DC7-DD5

This is me about five years ago with a Christmas gift I received. 😂 (Had to steal the photo from Facebook, lol.)

51944101-40-BE-483-D-8-B66-17-FEB00-B982

• Like 2

Paprika, with Barbecue and Smoky Bacon coming pretty close.

• Like 1

I like the Worcestershire sauce ones, but I'm not really fussy. I would choose McCoy's over Walkers though, and amongst those is tough between the spicy ones or the steak ones.

• Like 1

I feel like we don't get so many good flavors here. Seems like it's mostly plain, barbecue, sour cream & onion, and maybe something cheesy or spicy. My current chip-like snack has a salt and vinegar flavor I like and a barbecue one that is also pretty good.

• Like 1

Cheese or onion with salt/ cream or crabs

• Like 1

We also got this flavour of Lays crisps in Germany and it's not too bad: 

30724191_digital-image.png?output-qualit

• Like 5
everywhere and nowhere

I like ordinary salted ones. Salt and pepper are not bad either, although I haven't tried them from that specific brand. Tomato ketchup is fine too.

Other flavours?

I don't like very spicy ones.

Cheese and onion won't go because I hate onions.

Salt and vinegar - similarly, I have a very strong olfactory aversion to vinegar. This ingredient is not allowed at my home, neither for culinary nor cleaning use, because it immediately induces a gag reflex in me.

Anything which contains meat is a no-no. And as for prawn cocktail specifically... I have always found seafood and lakefood ;) repulsive, so I never tried them, and now I don't eat any kind of meat anyway. But given the fame of crustaceans as a strong allergen, I'm even more glad that I have never eaten any seafood...

As for other brands... while I prefer plain salted crisps, it's not like I don't enjoy any more sophisticated flavours. But I admit that I'm picky. Some other flavours of crisps from several pan-Europan, Polish, German, Czech, Slovak and Ukrainian brands which I have liked include: dill, herbal salt, cheese without onions, pizza, garlic bread, tomato, mushroom tart, chanterelles...

But crisps are expensive. And while I'm not a person to care very much about the health aspect of food - because I have no chance of being fully healthy anyway, my allergy is incurable and my knee joints are damaged beyond repair - I may also tell myself as a form of consolation, that salty sticks, while being cheaper (and allowing somewhat longer consumption of a serving I consider right :P), are also a little less unhealthy than crisps. ;)

• Like 1

I detest walkers crisps, why do they put the cheese & onion crisps in blue jackets, blue is the packet for salt & vinegar for any other brands on sale here, so they are just out to try to trick poor consumers with the confusing colour

• Like 3
everywhere and nowhere
3 minutes ago, fairyofsuburbia said:

We also got this flavour of Lays crisps in Germany and it's not too bad: 

I haven't eaten that one specifically, but I have eaten "Herbal salt" flavour from the Czech company Bohemia Chips and I liked them a lot.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, ukrguy said:

Cheese or onion with salt/ cream or crabs

...crabs? 😬

Just now, Ceebs. said:

...crabs? 😬

spacer.png

yep

• Like 3
1 minute ago, ukrguy said:

spacer.png

yep

Oh huh... interesting. I'm intrigued. I think. 😅

I once had salmon flavored Lay's in Russia. It really did taste like salmon, although it mainly made me wonder why they existed in the first place.

• Like 2
everywhere and nowhere
3 minutes ago, ukrguy said:

spacer.png

yep

Yuck.

Of Ukrainian chips, I liked "Зі смаком кропу та сметани" (dill and cream) from the brand Золотисті Чіпси / Golden Chips. As a bonus, they have a cute cartoon lion on the package. 😍

spacer.png

• Like 2
Just now, Nowhere Girl said:

Yuck.

Of Ukrainian chips, I liked "Зі смаком кропу та сметани" (dill and cream) from the brand Золотисті Чіпси / Golden Chips. As a bonus, they have a cute cartoon lion on the package. 😍

spacer.png

ohhhhh my childhood! I used to eat them a lot at elementary and middle school. I love them ❤️ 

Purple Red Panda

I don't think they make my favourite anymore 😞

spacer.png

• Like 3
Purple Red Panda

The best crisps I have ever had are these

spacer.png

You used to be abe to get them in M&S but they don't seem to stock them anymore. Possibly I'm the only person in Leicester willing to shell out £4 for a bag.

• Like 2
Anomaly Q3Xr

Prawn cocktail are by far the best.

• Like 1
PorcupineOfDoom
1 hour ago, Ceebs. said:

Taytos

I've never found Tayto locally, but every Irish and Northern Irish person I know swears by their respective version haha

52 minutes ago, iff said:

I detest walkers crisps, why do they put the cheese & onion crisps in blue jackets, blue is the packet for salt & vinegar for any other brands on sale here, so they are just out to try to trick poor consumers with the confusing colour

Tbf that does get pretty annoying. Not sure what the reason is for that.

51 minutes ago, ukrguy said:

crabs

Ngl, kinda want to try crab flavoured crisps now 😛

23 minutes ago, Purple Red Panda said:

The best crisps I have ever had are these

spacer.png

I'd say I was surprised by caviar flavoured crisps, but considering that Walkers had barbecued kangaroo at one point, I don't think anything can...

packet-of-walkers-world-cup-australian-b

• Like 2

Oh and then Canada has these flavours...

CE34027-F-46-C9-442-B-A922-1-D8-DE829-C2

5-F0-B037-E-DA2-A-43-FE-A660-1701-EB6-A5

• Like 2
Purple Red Panda
9 minutes ago, PorcupineOfDoom said:

I'd say I was surprised by caviar flavoured crisps

As I recall they did contain a tiny amount of real caviar, no doubt of the lowest grade.

PorcupineOfDoom
13 minutes ago, Purple Red Panda said:

As I recall they did contain a tiny amount of real caviar, no doubt of the lowest grade.

That would explain the price 😛 

• Like 1
spencexists

I'm not a big fan of potato chips in general, but out of the lays ones the BBQ ones are so addictive.

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, PorcupineOfDoom said:

I've never found Tayto locally, but every Irish and Northern Irish person I know swears by their respective version haha

We even have a theme park dedicated to tayto crisps. 

• Like 3
Blue eyes white dragon

Bbq or salt and vinegar lays!!

• Like 2