Asexy Anime!

Kallan

I just started watching this anime, and I got to say its pretty impressive, whoever posted it first; thank you.

Are you talking about Ouran High School Host Club or Death Note? Though both are amazing. XD

• 1 month later...
I thought Haibane Renmei was a pretty asexy show. Have I said this somewhere already...?

I love how asexy some anime series can be...so often the characters that fall in love don't even kiss <3

Eh, bringing a sorta dead thread back to life temporarily. I never thought about Haibane Renmei. I'm just happy someone mentioned my favorite anime ever.

• 2 weeks later...
oh! Azumanga Daioh! About a bunch of high-school studnets, none of them seem to be sexual (though their teachers certainly are).

My students love Azumanga Daioh (obviously older students).

What's with the platypus Kallan? Why do lots of Americans have Australian animals in their avatar?

My favourite anime Aishiteruze baby. So cute. (http://www.tms-e.com/on_air/beibe/)

I loved Haruhi in Ouran, and I don't usually like anime like that. :o

It's not explicitly stated, but Claymore seems to be chock-full of asexuals. Although a lot about the characters and certain aspects of them haven't been revealed yet (in the manga, it's also an anime).

Claymore (I usually avoid wikipedia, but that article is very accurate).

Another manga that has no sex or even sexuality is Blame!

Isn't a Claymore a type of sword?

Yes, the characters in the manga/anime are called Claymores because of the big claymore swords they carry and wield.

I could easily see Riza as asexual (maybe that's why I like her so much <3 ), but if Roy is, he's certainly covering for it well. I'm afraid I have a hard time seeing a guy who wants to make a miniskirt the female uniform, even if he is only joking, as an asexual. Plus Roy's always portrayed as a definite ladies' man.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't believe nobody mentioned Ash Ketchum (from Pokemon). :shock: Oh my Go, oh my God,... He has to be at least 18 years old in the Japanese version of the anime. He's had so many girls lusting over him and so many hints... and he's always like "what the... :? ". He's the total opposite of Brock. He never understands Brock's crazyness and obsession about girls. He's just SOOOO ASEXUAL... :D :P For those who have seen the episode "Love at first flight" with Romeo and Juliet,... come on, if that's not asexuality then I don't know what is... :) :wink: Could Pikachu be asexual ?

P.S.: Most ghost type pokemon are asexual,... did you knew?

I can't believe nobody mentioned Ash Ketchum (from Pokemon). :shock: Oh my Go, oh my God,... He has to be at least 18 years old in the Japanese version of the anime. He's had so many girls lusting over him and so many hints... and he's always like "what the... :? ". He's the total opposite of Brock. He never understands Brock's crazyness and obsession about girls. He's just SOOOO ASEXUAL... :D :P For those who have seen the episode "Love at first flight" with Romeo and Juliet,... come on, if that's not asexuality then I don't know what is... :) :wink: Could Pikachu be asexual ?

Lol, he still looks like he's ten, despite how many years would have passed.

Pikachu had a girlfriend in the manga version or something...for a chapter.

Pikachu's a guy? This is just as surprising as finding out that Tweety was a guy.

• 1 month later...
Wings of a Dream

I've always thought the love between Touya and Yukito from Cardcaptor Sakura was more asexual than anything else. Also, from the same series, Tomoyo's love for Sakura is obviously asexual, at least in my opinion anyway XD

• 1 year later...
Akira Takahashi

Sorry to revive a dead thread, but what about Lain from Serial Experiments Lain? She seems pretty asexual to me.

What about Col. Mustange in Full Metal Alchemist. I mean him and the other state alchemist lady like each other but its nothing sexual.

No. If you watch all the anime you'll realize that he quite the womanizer.......

Akagi from... Akagi. He's bored by pretty much anything in life that isn't a life or death gamble. The Medicine Seller in Mononoke is also pretty asexual, although Kayo fancies him, he doesn't quite reciprocate (I think? Whole show is too weird to say anything for sure).

I also second Claymore. I need to get caught up in that manga. I'm gonna go NUTS if/when they hook up Clare and Raki. Nooooooooooooooo.

This is all sort of working on the assumption "asexual until proven sexual" which isn't quite fair, but what can you do?

JAJAJA I was thinking about Ash too... and that was exactly what came to my mind. Pikachu is not just an asexual, he'e also 'genderless' xD Or maybe these two got an affair :o

I've always thought the love between Touya and Yukito from Cardcaptor Sakura was more asexual than anything else. Also, from the same series, Tomoyo's love for Sakura is obviously asexual, at least in my opinion anyway XD

I thougth about them too.

Sorry to revive a dead thread, but what about Lain from Serial Experiments Lain? She seems pretty asexual to me.

She neve came to my mind, but you're totally right.

Let's see... I don't know what happens at the end of this animé... but Lala-Ru from Now and then, here and there seems totally asexual too. Well, even before she was raped. And Kenshin from Rurouni Kenshin became asexual after what happened to his woman.

Ash is hilarious in that in the original manga he pretty much lusts after every girl he sees, and then in the anime he only ever fancies one girl, although his exact view was that she was 'cute' and even James called her cute, and he's as gay as the day is long, so it was probably just a general comment on Ash's part. He didn't show much interest in her for the rest of the episode.

Asexual anime characters - the Namekians from Dragonball Z reproduce asexually. But I'm being literal with that one.

Not really asexual, but has anyone ever seen Tokyo Godfathers? Because the mother/father dynamic between Hana-chan and Gin was just the cutest thing ever. Hana-chan was gay, but I don't think he particularly wanted Gin in that way. They just seemed to... be. I loved that.

Oh and the pretty guy from Sorcerer Hunters. The bisexual guy always wanted him but he never responded. And he never seemed interested in women either.

(Looked them up - Marron (asexy) and Gateau (bisexy))

• 3 weeks later...
vashsunglasses

Nagisa Kaworu from Neon Genesis Evangelion is definitely Asexual. Some people mistake him as gay because they can't comprehend that he could love Shinji without wanting to have sex with Shinji.

• 3 weeks later...
martianJusticiar

Maybe because it's one of the least fanservice-y animes I've ever seen, I'd say that Baccano! is a very ace-friendly show. There are romantic relationships, but none of them are highly sexualized, and, for better or worse, sex doesn't seem to be a major motivation of most of the characters. Some of them are arguably going to move in that direction, but it's implied that it's going to be a while after the show ends. Isaac, Miria and Chane, at least, seem to be romantic or possibly romantic asexuals, and for what it's worth, one of the characters, Jacuzzi, was in a relationship for ten years before he even so much as kissed his girlfriend Nice - and then nothing else remotely sexual happened between them for the rest of the show. It was freaking adorable, how close they were to each other without sex being a necessary component.

Here's the TV Tropes article for anyone who's interested: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Baccano

• 1 month later...
Akira Takahashi

How about Tenchi from Tenchi Muyo? It's a harem anime, but despite the fact that he's surrounded by alien women who all seem to want him, he himself doesn't make any advances or pursue a sexual relationship with any of them. I'd say that Tenchi is a pretty asexual guy, although there's plenty of other characters to make up for that.

Haruhi Fujioka has also been mentioned, but I just have to second that. Unfortunately, everytime someone hears that she's asexual they reply with, "Then how am I supposed to watch it? It's a romantic anime!" People just seem to think that asexuals can't ever fall in love.

"Whisper of the Heart" is a GREAT anime movie that is totally Ace-friendly. =3 There is a bunch of romance, but in a non-physical way. ^_^ I just get so happy when I watch that movie. Plus it's a Ghibli film, so it automatically gets an 'awesome' sticker. =P

It makes you feel better when you're feeling a bit worthless too. ^__^;;

• 4 weeks later...
Atolm_Dragon

Anyone seen Shugo Chara? The main characters are like 11 or 12 but I love it! It's so cute! There's romance in it but cause of their age it doesn't turn into anything sexual :D

I agree with the person who mentioned Kino.

Though she does sort of have her rules about maintaining a certain distance, she goes beyond simple androgyny. For example, she alternates between "watashi" and "boku" in order to refer to herself ("boku" being generally accepted as a masculine pronoun). She seems completely disinterested in forming lasting relationships with anyone, even given the opportunity to do so.

Granted, I'm only on the ninth episode, but still, she seems pretty ace to me.

Whatsername

I have to agree about Lain from Serial Experiments Lain. I think she has a romantic crush on Alice though, but that's just my view on the show.

And I always considered L from Death Note asexual. Then again, he doesn't have time for sex, what with catching criminals and generally being recluse.

all I can think of is this page in the manga where this couple is fighting crazily about their relationship and Ash and Misty are on the sidelines.

Misty says "wow, I hope we don't fight like that when we're married"

and Ash says

"yeah me too.

wait what!?" and he falls over

like it's a given that they're going to get married but it's pretty much going to be the same as it is now, a friendship ^_^

Anyone seen Shugo Chara? The main characters are like 11 or 12 but I love it! It's so cute! There's romance in it but cause of their age it doesn't turn into anything sexual :D

oh yeah! I had the first 3 volumes. But I found it kinda weird that the cat guy bit her ear or something...

Currently my fav manga is Karin (Chibi Vampire) but it's as shoujo-silly-love as you can get. The only character close to asexual is Anju, and I'm pretty sure that's only because she's 11.

Let's see who else... I guess Sesshomaru of Inuyasha might be ace. But he doesn't really do anything to indicate...anything

And Jin of Samurai Champloo if it weren't for that one episode -_-

hmm...let's see...sasuke from naruto obviously! how about Gaara? and many of the other characters from that show ^_^

Picolo...those the namekians have already been established as being as asexual as they come ^_^

ryuichi from gravitation anyone? in ex they have him make a sorta love confession for shu-chan, but the character always seemed ace to me...unless you count kumagoro...he true luver ^_^

when you think about it there are a LOT of anime characters who could be ace

i know! konata from Lucky Star!

and Haruhi from OHSHC is perfect ^_^

Maybe because it's one of the least fanservice-y animes I've ever seen, I'd say that Baccano! is a very ace-friendly show. There are romantic relationships, but none of them are highly sexualized, and, for better or worse, sex doesn't seem to be a major motivation of most of the characters. Some of them are arguably going to move in that direction, but it's implied that it's going to be a while after the show ends. Isaac, Miria and Chane, at least, seem to be romantic or possibly romantic asexuals, and for what it's worth, one of the characters, Jacuzzi, was in a relationship for ten years before he even so much as kissed his girlfriend Nice - and then nothing else remotely sexual happened between them for the rest of the show. It was freaking adorable, how close they were to each other without sex being a necessary component.

Here's the TV Tropes article for anyone who's interested: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Baccano

I haven't been hearing much of Baccano! but have been kind of tempted to watch it. I think I was on the fence and you just pushed me on it so now I'll have to go out and look for it...

osiris8siriso

What about Ritsuka from loveless?

He likes Soubi, but I don't think its anything sexual.

And I loove Ouran ^_^

Akira Takahashi

Just thought of another one, Haibane Renmei. Granted, I'm not sure if the Haibane are even capable of reproducing, but they don't seem to have romance on the brain.

Just thought of another one, Haibane Renmei. Granted, I'm not sure if the Haibane are even capable of reproducing, but they don't seem to have romance on the brain.

Shrine Maiden

Natsume Youjinchou is pretty asexual and is mostly concerned with friendship. Quite a beautiful, episodic anime about a boy who can see spirits (no this has absolutely nothing to do with Bleach!!)

Archived