What Worship Communities are found in your area? (by Religion)

GingerRose

GingerRose
11 minutes ago, Ash_the_first said:

Really ?  

Yes. I am a Unitarian Universalist, and in our faith we learn to study different religions to find our path. Some take it on more than others. I was really into it and I still enjoy to learn and teach about it.

I see you're a "Jesus freak?" What does that mean in your terms?

7 minutes ago, GingerRose said:

I see you're a "Jesus freak?"

At least to me in my  view of things... All that matter is Jesus  everything else is  useless and meaningless .  I became a Christian as  an  adult  at least for me it was perfect. 

GingerRose
1 minute ago, Ash_the_first said:

At least to me in my  view of things... All that matter is Jesus  everything else is  useless and meaningless  

Interesting. Were you raised Christian, reborn, or converted?

If learning is life long, is that learning through Jesus? Otherwise I suppose it wouldn't matter and be meaningless..

11 minutes ago, GingerRose said:

Interesting. Were you raised Christian, reborn, or converted?

If learning is life long, is that learning through Jesus? 

I was not  raised  Christian(but my grandparents where Christians and would  take me to church on Sundays).  As an adult  I start  studying with  different churchs  ...  Then a  joined a church  a few  years  after  I left that  same church .  But one things   was amazing   getting to know Jesus ...  And I  am still getting to know him. I can never  say that I know everything about him. As it is  completely  endless  what is  left to understand about  him

When I said meaningless I was   speaking of all the  things  that  some wants us to do   to be  called "saved" ... 

Red Sun Rises
On 5/14/2021 at 1:39 PM, GingerRose said:

Wheeee! :)

Do you have more than one UU fellowship or church in the area?

There are definitely more than one - I believe 3, but there could be more.  I live in a small-ish US county in a small US state with a mediocre transportation system so I drive all over the county except to where the rich people live.  There could be more stuff down there but I don't go to that part LOL that's why I'm not exactly sure of all the numbers.  I drive about 45 minutes to work on the other end of the county and I pass by 1 UU fellowship, and I know of another that's further south.

SorryNotSorry

Meeting places for just about every active religion can be found here in Los Angeles. Muslim mosques, Jewish synagogues, Buddhist temples, practically every major Christian sect and denomination, Baha'i temples, you name it. This doesn't even count the large number of private homes which are used as impromptu pagan houses of worship; I haven't been to a pagan meeting in a decade, though I'm constantly getting invitations to them in my inbox.

About the only houses of worship I'm not aware of in this area are the Christadelphians (a sect who resemble the JWs but never attained their numbers) and splinter sects from Russian Orthodoxy, such as Doukhobors, Stundists, Pashkovites, Raskolniki, and Khlysti. For all I know, the Christadelphians may have died out as a sect, and some of the Russian Orthodox splinter sects such as the Doukhobors have had a history of not getting along well with each other.

There's various churches around the place, Catholic, Anglican, evangelical etc. There's even a few JW places. There's a few Muslims around, and as far as I'm aware, while there isn't a local mosque, I have been past a couple. I do believe there's also some sort of BUddhist monastery or something similar as well.

GingerRose
23 hours ago, Red Sun Rises said:

There are definitely more than one - I believe 3, but there could be more.  I live in a small-ish US county in a small US state with a mediocre transportation system so I drive all over the county except to where the rich people live.  There could be more stuff down there but I don't go to that part LOL that's why I'm not exactly sure of all the numbers.  I drive about 45 minutes to work on the other end of the county and I pass by 1 UU fellowship, and I know of another that's further south.

Awesome. :)

J. van Deijck

Belgium is a Catholic country by default, but many people don't care anymore, so probably no religion at this point. We also have a big Muslim community here because of the big number of refugees.

Archived