OMG

ClarkieRoo

ClarkieRoo

GUYS I JUST HAD TO MAKE OUT WITH SOMEONE FOR THE FIRST TIME. Basically I was doing this acting performance thing for school and I had to make out with this boy. The last time I'd kissed anyone was when I was 12 years old (I'm 18 now). Is it just because I'm aroace that I found making out to be so incredibly weird? Like it was so wet and there were no comfortable places for my lips to fit. I mean we kinda got into a rhythm because we did it a million times but.... I always kind of thought of kissing as something that people just liked doing even if it wasn't with someone they were super attracted to, but what in the hell was that. I just feel like it's so overrated. I thought maybe if I was ever in a QPR or some form of a relationship I would want kissing to be a part of the dynamic, but that was just strange. It really just reaffirmed for me that I'm asexual. I had been holding out hope that I was maybe demi or something, idrk, and I always wanted to have sexual experiences at some point even being ace, but after kissing someone like that I really just have zero desire to go any further. Or to ever do that again. Wow ok lol just needed to rant about that but hope you are all doing well 🤩

Congratulations on surviving it, at least, glad it wasn't actually repulsive for you to have to do that.

What is even worse than lip kissing is when they tongue kiss. I still have absolutely no clue what that is about. Just saliva and shoving tongues around and clicking teeth awkwardly...

Sarah-Sylvia

Well. that's something. 😮

To me kissing is not sexual, I kiss for affection. I don't 'make out'.

I don't think kissing for a performance would bring the feelings of liking someone out, if you don't like that person. I hope you're doing well, and maybe don't have to do it again for the performance if you don't like it.

I like soft kisses, they're intimate and feel nice. (Obviously with someone I feel romantic with)

29 minutes ago, ClarkieRoo said:

I always kind of thought of kissing as something that people just liked doing even if it wasn't with someone they were super attracted to

Lots of people would very much not be interested at all in kissing someone they aren't into. I know I certainly wouldn't enjoy kissing someone I didn't want to go 'further' with or it would just feel incredibly awkward and uncomfortable. 

34 minutes ago, Zagadka said:

Congratulations on surviving it, at least, glad it wasn't actually repulsive for you to have to do that.

What is even worse than lip kissing is when they tongue kiss. I still have absolutely no clue what that is about. Just saliva and shoving tongues around and clicking teeth awkwardly...

LOL... Tongue kisses... can be problematic. My Husband, bless his heart) only wants to tongue kiss he either genuinely wants to show affection OR wants to gross me out (i.e by belching mid kiss or having food in his mouth. YUCK).

When he does that, it makes me question that strong emotional bond we share. 

Janus the Fox

I’d say it’s incredibly weird for any actor acting these types of scenes to me, if there’s no romantic interest with the other actor in real life.

3 hours ago, Janus DarkFox said:

I’d say it’s incredibly weird for any actor acting these types of scenes to me, if there’s no romantic interest with the other actor in real life.

Especially if the actors are friends, I’ve heard stories of how weird it was to have to kiss your friend for acting. So yeah either way, could just be a typically weird situation

Archived