Do I fall on the asexual spectrum?

Jazminchristin3

Jazminchristin3

Hello, I am new here and having been thinking on and off that I might be asexual and I’ve done a little more research and now I think I’m more graysexual? I’m new to all of the terms and I’m confused on if I fit in. So can I describe my my feelings and someone help point me in some type of direction? 

I have always been attracted to men and women. I feel like I could be in a romantic relationship with a woman but not engage in sex (I have really only been in relationships with men). I think that I would try being with a woman sexually if I was romantically involved though. However, I also don’t feel like I need sex to be in a relationship unlike my fiancé who does. Now I do enjoy sex and sometimes I initiate but it’s very rare that I do that. I know that no matter what I mean and these are my feelings but I’ve always thought I was straight but just different. I don’t know.. any advice?

Sarah-Sylvia

Hi. Welcome to the site 🍰

If I were to go with what you wrote, it's not very much information, but it could definitely fit as graysexual. I'm a bit like that though enjoying sex for me can be tricky, it really depends how I feel. I don't know if I'd initiate sex. Maybe if I felt comfortable and that they don't need sex either. Because then I wouldn't feel pressure to have to be sexual. Some aces enjoy sex more than I do though. For me I really have to be in the mood and somehow that sticks (instead of going away after the first few minutes).

The graysexual label is pretty broad, so it's easy to use it.
In whatever case, the most important is just about being yourself and coming to understand how you are :)

If you feel like you can enjoy and actually want sex once it gets going, but don't find yourself initiating, your main form of desire may just be responsive desire. So essentially you won't really have much desire for sex until you are actually in a 'sexy' situation. This is quite common in sexual women and sometimes men. So you may be interested in looking into that, though if you truly think you wouldn't mind at all being in a sexless romantic relationship maybe grey does fit better with your experiences. It is hard to say from my end. 

Journee_Stars

If I may suggest, if you haven't heard of the term demisexual before, I would look into the meaning of that because what you're describing kind of sounds like demisexuality (not to confuse it with demigender). This was just a suggestion, I'm not really insinuating anything.

Archived