Eurovision thread!!

ben8884

Israel and Bulgaria are growing on me. I usually don't pay much attention to lyrics, so I overlooked Bulgaria, but now, oh my

1 hour ago, chalkozyn said:

Israel and Bulgaria are growing on me. I usually don't pay much attention to lyrics, so I overlooked Bulgaria, but now, oh my

Bulgaria's was lovely 💔

OptimisticPessimist

I hope this doesn’t overshadow their win and can be moved on from. 

Italy haven’t won since 1990 

Agreed, often they mention how popular a song has been in different countries but we don’t really get the pre-contest hype here. They do promote a lot in Europe beforehand, which I guess is helpful. 

9 hours ago, OptimisticPessimist said:

Italy haven’t won since 1990 

Wow! It was very well deserved tbh - I've started listening to some of the entries on Spotify and I'm liking theirs more and more each time I listen to it

"I don't use drugs, please, guys. Don't say that. No, please don't say that. Don't say that, really. No cocaine. Please. Don't say that."

aww Damiano is so cute and sweet he doesn't deserve this 🥺 just jealous people trying to ruin his well deserved victory

his English accent is so cute, I love the way he speaks English

OptimisticPessimist

^^
Very well deserved. Italy left the contest in 1997 and returned in 2011

It’s made its way into my Spotify list too and I’ve been listening to the album.

Hopefully it’s something they won’t repeatedly be asked about 

Italy has only been sending quality songs ever since they returned in 2011, it was just a matter of time when they were gonna win. It was inevitable that they were gonna win sooner or later. Since 2011, they've finished 8 times in the top 10 (and came second twice). I love all the entries they've sent except the one in 2011, it's just not my type of song. They are such a good country in Eurovision, no country deserves victory more than they do.

And their entry this year is just so perfect, I love it so much and it's my personal winner this year and my all time favorite entry from Italy. Best winner ever. My favorite winner.

I still can't believe that my favorite song won. That has never happened before. (except in 2006 I think)

In 2017 it got pretty close when my favorite (Bulgaria) got second place. In 2013, my favorite also got second place but I don't know if it is my favorite anymore. I think nowadays, my favorite from 2013 is France. I still like Azerbaijan 2013 though. In 2019, my second favorite (Italy) got second place. My favorite in 2019 is Slovenia. In my opinion, Slovenia in Eurovision 2019 is the most mesmerizing, engaging, soothing and beautiful moment in Eurovision history. I love that song so much. It just makes me feel something special that only very specific kind of songs can make me feel. It's pure beauty. It's magical.

I honestly personally think that Italy deserved to win in 2015, 2018 and 2019. Even though Italy wasn't my number one in any of those years. Italy was the televote winner in 2015 (and it's the most successful song in televoting), and it was so much better than Sweden and Russia, it should've won. My favorites that year were Georgia and Belarus. In 2018 my favorites were The Netherlands and Hungary but I really loved Italy and in the top 5 that year, it was the best song.

1 hour ago, OptimisticPessimist said:

It’s made its way into my Spotify list too and I’ve been listening to the album.

Yeah, them and The Roop have some really good songs!

I'm slowly working my way through all the artists to see what else they've done, plus some previous year's acts. Eric Saade who won I think 2011 has a bunch of good dance songs, and I discovered that in 1998 Germany entered an act called Guildo Horn and the Orthopaedic Stockings who are also a lot of fun! 

10 minutes ago, Sea Lemon said:

Yeah, them and The Roop have some really good songs!

I'm slowly working my way through all the artists to see what else they've done, plus some previous year's acts. Eric Saade who won I think 2011 has a bunch of good dance songs, and I discovered that in 1998 Germany entered an act called Guildo Horn and the Orthopaedic Stockings who are also a lot of fun! 

Actually Eric Saade finished 3rd in 2011. Ell & Nikki from Azerbaijan won that year. And Italy was second.

8 minutes ago, Salmiakki said:

Actually Eric Saade finished 3rd in 2011. Ell & Nikki from Azerbaijan won that year. And Italy was second.

Oh man my memory sucks lol! Thanks! 

OptimisticPessimist

I didn’t care for Sweden’s song in 2019 and didn’t think it should have won, their were much better songs 

OptimisticPessimist

One of the best Eurovision intervals 

I have decided to change this thread to a general Eurovision one. What have been some of your Eurovision songs?

1 hour ago, Still said:

spacer.png

Oh my 🤣

Now some news:  This Friday (May 28) they will show the live-on-tape records for non-qualifiers and on Saturday for the qualifiers :) 

Purplegems3
On 5/11/2021 at 7:09 PM, chalkozyn said:

OMG YES

I haven't missed a Eurovision since I was 5 years old

I don't think I've ever missed a Eurovision since 1998

OptimisticPessimist

I love this and think it would have scored high, I’m glad they started doing the votes of each country from bottom to the top, much simpler and easy to understand than how they first had the new voting 

I love an epic staging like this one

At that time I wasn't watching Eurovision (I've started just in 2017, so young fan here ;))), but I really love this one

And I really love this version of Amnesia 

4 hours ago, ben8884 said:

What have been some of your Eurovision songs?

These are my favourite performances - some because they're silly and some because they're actually legitimately good songs and some because both:

Spoiler

Plus of course Lordi and Alexander Rybak, but I think they've already been linked! 

OptimisticPessimist

I don't understand why Malta didn't get more points. 

Of course, Lordi! 

Lately I've been quite addicted to Sweden's entry in 2016. I don't really know why I love that entry so much. But it has been one of my biggest Eurovision guilty pleasures ever since the contest of 2016 happened.

It's probably my favorite Swedish entry in the 21st century. I'm obsessed with it haha.

I must admit their entry in 2011 is also one of my guilty pleasures. I LOVE it. And their entry in 2015 is good but didn't deserve to win.

The rest of their entries I don't like lol

ESC 2013 was great because Sweden did such a great job hosting. Sweden tends to host great Eurovisions.

Just now, ben8884 said:

ESC 2013 was great because Sweden did such a great job hosting. Sweden tends to host great Eurovisions.

Yes I agree, Sweden is really good at hosting Eurovision. I just usually don't like their songs. I guess their taste in music is just really different from mine.

I also think I might just be the only person on the planet who doesn't like Euphoria. Lol.

• 6 months later...

Did anyone watch the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2021 yesterday? (You can watch the re-play on YouTube if not)

I thought it was a really good show; I preferred it to the grown up version!

Archived