Eurovision thread!!

ben8884

OMG YES

I haven't missed a Eurovision since I was 5 years old

My school is showing us the songs during form time - Malta, France and Switzerland today - so finally my friends are talking about it (I’ve been watching it for as long as I can remember, and I am disproportionately excited)

@Cinematic that's such a cool thing to do! 

I haven't seen any performances, just listened to songs on Spotify - I hope something will surprise me, as always :D

1 minute ago, chalkozyn said:

@Cinematic that's such a cool thing to do! 

I haven't seen any performances, just listened to songs on Spotify - I hope something will surprise me, as always :D

Do you have any favourites?

2 minutes ago, Cinematic said:

Do you have any favourites?

I like the Russian one. I've always been a sucker for a-little-folksy-but-not-quite vibes. Also Iceland. And Lithuania basically sums up my last year. I'm waiting to see the performance.

You?

The most I can offer here is the fact that this movie is amazing

Eurovision Song Contest: The Story of Fire Saga

I'm really excited for this year's Eurovision! I've watched it pretty much every year since I was little, and this year's songs seem quite promising too. Very eurovision-y if that's even a word haha.

I'm pretty excited to Eurovision! (I've been counting days for it ngl)

The past couple of years (since Portugal won in 2017), I have been an avid listener of Eurovision. I lost touch with Eurovision when I got to uni, but meeting people that were Eurovision fanatics there kind of made me go back and see it again :lol: 

This year, I followed the release of all songs and well, saw Festival da Canção to see who would represent us. I'm pretty happy with the song we picked even if people keep bashing it, because the fan favorite didn't win :P The Portuguese song is one of my favorites.

Some songs, like Israel and Ukraine, with the revamp got worse imo and some, like Georgia, Australia and Belarus, which were my faves from last year's selection, weren't as good this time around... Still, this year we have quite a good selection and that makes me so excited to see the festival!

1 hour ago, chalkozyn said:

I like the Russian one. I've always been a sucker for a-little-folksy-but-not-quite vibes. Also Iceland. And Lithuania basically sums up my last year. I'm waiting to see the performance.

You?

The Roop are brilliant performers, plus they’re brave to wear such a canary yellow on stage. I think that Italy is good, and Greece is definitely better than last year, plus I have a soft spot for Australia (although she’ll never win because she can’t go to Rotterdam). The UK song isn’t terrible, I’ve even heard it on the radio, but we definitely won’t win either (as long as we aren’t last that’s good though)

We were discussing the songs at school today, and out of the bookies’ top three France seemed to be the most popular 

PorcupineOfDoom

I was pretty disappointed when it was cancelled last year, purely because it looked like Lithuania finally had a shot of winning (although Little Big would have been hard to beat). I have a fair number of Lithuanian friends and I was living with two Lithuanian girls at the time, so it would have been pretty exciting. Their entry this year is decent but not as good as the last one unfortunately. Italy is my favourite this year, followed by Ukraine and Ireland.

Milque Toast

We were thinking of inviting our cousin and her american boyfriend over to watch it this year so he can finally understand the hype! So 100% yes!!

I’m also very excited for Eurovision. I totally understand why they had to cancel it last year, but it wasn’t the same without it! I quite like the fact that I’m from the UK, I can really enjoy it knowing we’re lucky if we get any points 😂

6 hours ago, KayR16 said:

I’m also very excited for Eurovision. I totally understand why they had to cancel it last year, but it wasn’t the same without it! I quite like the fact that I’m from the UK, I can really enjoy it knowing we’re lucky if we get any points 😂

If we weren’t funding it we’d never even get to the final, but there’s something pretty hilarious about that 

4 minutes ago, Cinematic said:

If we weren’t funding it we’d never even get to the final, but there’s something pretty hilarious about that 

That is actually so true 😂😂 probably why we continue to fund it even though we never do well

We’ve had Italy, Iceland and Bulgaria at school this week (6 more songs next week, any guesses?), although my friend has developed a small obsession with the Swiss song since Tuesday

OptimisticPessimist

I really like Iceland’s song. I love their song from last year too

I have no clue😁

55 minutes ago, OptimisticPessimist said:

I really like Iceland’s song. I love their song from last year too

When we saw the video for Iceland, my form tutor called them the ‘Bad Dancing Power Rangers’

OptimisticPessimist

This should have done better than it did 

I don't know any of the songs this way I be surprised on the day. Looking forward to it. 

Oh, there is an entire thread for this 🥳

Yesss, especially after it got canceled last year. I'm so excited, I'm driving my friends with it, though they are not fans 😅 Luckily, I have my brother, who's as crazy as me ;)))

OptimisticPessimist

Very excited to see it back, i understand why it was cancelled of course last year and there's been enough time to figure out how to safely have the event.

Thoughts on juries, a lot of good songs end up way lower compared to the televoting, like this was 22nd with the juries but then was 5th in the televoting

Why is this thread titled Eurovision 2022 when we haven't had Eurovision 2021 yet? 🤔

46 minutes ago, Ortac said:

Why is this thread titled Eurovision 2022 when we haven't had Eurovision 2021 yet? 🤔

Because I am really enthusiastic about next year 😛 Fixed it.

I like the jury/televoting system as it means more competition. 

I hope my internet holds out.

13 minutes ago, ben8884 said:

Because I am really enthusiastic about next year 😛 Fixed it.

I like the jury/televoting system as it means more competition. 

I hope my internet holds out.

Yea I much prefer the newer voting system! It makes it more interesting all the way through, rather than knowing who wins fairly early on!

The thing that irritates the crap out of me with Eurovision is all the political voting, such as Greece and Cyprus always voting for each other; and Norway, Sweden, Iceland and Denmark always voting for each other. I think it would be really good if there could be an overhaul where the country behind each song is not revealed until after the voting has taken place. Unfortunately I know that could never happen because it would be absolutely impossible to keep such things secret.

25 minutes ago, Ortac said:

The thing that irritates the crap out of me with Eurovision is all the political voting, such as Greece and Cyprus always voting for each other; and Norway, Sweden, Iceland and Denmark always voting for each other. I think it would be really good if there could be an overhaul where the country behind each song is not revealed until after the voting has taken place. Unfortunately I know that could never happen because it would be absolutely impossible to keep such things secret.

Totally agree with you! The voting system is crap with Eurovision, it would be great to have it not just based on politics, we have enough of that every single day! 

Archived