Cute?

Arlo

Has anyone been told that they are cute for not having sex? How does that make you feel? I know someone how is AroAce but they still have a pretty dirty mind. Why do people think that Asexual means cute? Oh because that was how they were when they were younger and i guess younger equals cute. What are some things to say to someone how calls you cute just for not having sex? 

'Get stuffed'?

everywhere and nowhere

Nobody has told me that. Probably because "cute" sounds so innocent and delicate and childish and... it's just not something one would say to a big-boned woman with deep wrinkles, androgynous hairstyle and a big nose. ;)

Anthracite_Impreza
34 minutes ago, Ceebs. said:

'Get stuffed'?

Proposition to have Ceebs elected as official spokes(wo)man against idiots.

6 minutes ago, Anthracite_Impreza said:

Proposition to have Ceebs elected as official spokes(wo)man against idiots.

😂

It's just such a weird thing to say. From what I've read on here, asexuals are sometimes likely to get mocked for not having sex... and of course that's incredibly NOT okay... but I know where that ridiculous mindset is coming from. With 'cute', it's just some sort of infantilising thing I guess? Probably the sorts of people who equate not being sexually active with some sort of purity and innocence crap. And the thing is, you know that if they were actually in a relationship with an ace and the lack of sex was causing issues, they wouldn't be calling it 'cute' anymore.

It's just all kinds of stupid. 

Anthracite_Impreza
5 minutes ago, Ceebs. said:

😂

It's just such a weird thing to say. From what I've read on here, asexuals are sometimes likely to get mocked for not having sex... and of course that's incredibly NOT okay... but I know where that ridiculous mindset is coming from. With 'cute', it's just some sort of infantilising thing I guess? Probably the sorts of people who equate not being sexually active with some sort of purity and innocence crap. And the thing is, you know that if they were actually in a relationship with an ace and the lack of sex was causing issues, they wouldn't be calling it 'cute' anymore.

It's just all kinds of stupid. 

If they knew the sick shit that goes on in my mind they wouldn't be calling aces cute, they'd be running away quickly.

13 minutes ago, Anthracite_Impreza said:

If they knew the sick shit that goes on in my mind they wouldn't be calling aces cute, they'd be running away quickly.

I fully believe this, Anth. 😂 The purity/innocence thing is very odd. And not exactly helped by the asexual elitists who believe their lack of sex-having really does make them more pure or whatever. I don't really see what having sex has to do with anything in that realm, whether someone is ace or not. I can tell you, even as a sexual person, long before I had The Sex, I'd done plenty of questionable life shit lol.

GingerRose

I feel like it's just another term for innocent or prude.

Blue eyes white dragon

I get called cute for being short and cuz of my face and I'm generally expressive. But I've never been called cute for not having sex. If I did, I'd deal with them the way the situation requires 

TormentDubz

☝️ cute

"I don't want sex" "Aww, that's cute! You want to stay pure" "I don't want to have sex, ever..." "Eww, what's wrong with you? Have you been raped or something?!". (And it's always nice to see when people assume shit to then feel disgusted by the assumed victim rather than the perpetrator, urgh).

51 minutes ago, capytton said:

Oh, I was asked, "Maybe you was raped as a child and these memories are so terrible that your subconscious decided to hide them."...

*Sigh*. And what good do they do by just blurting something like that out, I must wonder. It's so funny yet sad how many others believe that they can easily find solutions to problems that either don't exist or solutions that have already been considered by the person in question long ago. Because the tips and comments are usually very obvious things that don't require much of a thought process.

I've never liked "cute" in any context - except for describing kittens.   There are just too many possible interpretations of the word, some OK, some insulting. The use of "cute" bot for young children and as a way to describe someone as sexually attractive ("cute girl") I find disturbing. 

3 hours ago, Ceebs. said:

'Get stuffed'?

Short and sweet 😄 This mainly, in a more polite way or 'as is'.

Words were stolen out of my mouth. 

you can look at a kitten or puppy and maybe say ‘awwww, cute’. 

yes, ppl can look cute, too, and it’s usually applied to children unless somebody has say a sort of pixie appearance. 

Sarah-Sylvia

I wouldn't mind being called cute.

But if it's about my sexuality.. uhh, not sure that's meaningful really.

Janus the Fox

Sounds patronizing to me.

I've been called cute generally by the BF, but they've generally see me as Femboy or a 'kit' (like kitten but as a fox furry) in furry yiff speak.

I know that I've been called "cute and innocent" in relation to "sex" or "intimacy" stuff, and it's never sat well with me. I never had an infatuation with it like everyone around me seemed to (given, this was in middle school, but it lasted through high school) (and I wasn't with a bunch of great friends anyway). I don't think I would feel offended if it was told to me in a completely joking manner, but yeah, I'm not sure I would like it that much?

But just in general, I'm perfectly fine with the word cute :)

Archived