When you talk about asexual .....

the game

When you talk about asexual issues in a setting, you get a reaction. what do you do? Would you like to be in that friendly environment again? If the friend who reacted was once your sleep partner? :)))) would you feel awful? I personally feel bad :)))) I had good sleep hours with him. I can no longer see those hours as good. is this a normal situation. By the way, that man was not a date or a lover. he was my friend, we just spent time together in a period when we were depressed. It was nice to fall asleep with her hug, that's what impressed me...

Blue eyes white dragon

Awww I'm sorry that happened to you💜, I dont have any advice sadly. I just hope it works out ok in the end *hugs*

everywhere and nowhere

What "reaction" do you mean? A negative one, invalidation? (After all, "reaction" can be supportive too.) But yes, I sometimes react this way. I have lost contact with a former friend and his invalidation of my asexuality was only a part of the story - the other aspect was his emotional blackmail, when things ultimately went wrong between him and his wife and he felt a personal victim of feminism - and he was always trying to push me to arbitrate conflicts between them. :angry:

I don't have any sleep partners. I feel extremely uncomfortable if trying to sleep with someone in the same bed because it breaches my preferred individual distance and also because I have trouble falling asleep*, roll from one side to the other, so it would be very tiring for the other person. And I also think of sleeping as an intimate thing - after all, a sleeping person is helpless - so I don't feel comfortable sleeping in someone's presence, I always felt embarassed when I would for example keep drifting into sleep on the bus.

And anyway, I simply don't like sleeping, I perceive it as an unfortunate chore. :(

*Nevertheless, I have an aversion to sleeping medication and have unofficially promised myself to never take any sleeping medication stronger than "goodnight" teas with slightly sedative herbs such as lavender, hops, lemon balm... Barbiturates are known to be very harmful, addictive and easy to overdose. On the other hand, it seems that they are going out of use... And now something from the series "funny trip stories". ;) Recently, my best friend took LSD (with me as her guide)... and it didn't work. It's extremely unlikely that the blotter was simply already "weathered" because in March I took the same dose and it worked, oh, it definitely did. ;) Well, she turned on her phone and started checking things on the internet and we found the culprit: her sleeping medication. A chemical cousin of the (in)famous thorazine, which in the 1950s-1960s was used to abort bad trips. (She thought that it's some myth - but no, it was indeed used this way. I nevertheless support the view that it's better to work through a difficult experience than to abort it. But if she feels safer knowing that now she has an emergency exit, it's probably only a good thing...) As I wrote, it seems that barbiturates are already being abandoned, that physicians recognise their risk potential too. But it feels... a little disturbing to know that low doses of anti-psychotics - so very strong psychotropic drugs, after all - are now used as sleeping pills...

So, anyway, I prefer to be in the position of an insomniac who nevertheless refuses to take sleeping pills.

Archived