Things You Lose the Older You Get

GingerRose

GingerRose

What are things you've lost as you've gotten older?

It can be something physical or conceptual.

*10 points if you say Marbles.

Purple Red Panda

The belief that other people know what they are doing.

Anthracite_Impreza

Hope, trust, the childish idea that anyone actually gives a fuck...

Purple Red Panda
2 minutes ago, Anthracite_Impreza said:

the childish idea that anyone actually gives a fuck..

To be fair I (in my own half-arsed way) give a fuck about you 🙂

Blissful ignorance and naively thinking all people want to do good things.

In other words, I started doubting a lot more once I grew older.

Anthracite_Impreza
6 minutes ago, Purple Red Panda said:

To be fair I (in my own half-arsed way) give a fuck about you 🙂

That's the most backhanded compliment I've ever had xD

All kinds of idealism, faith. Energy for new projects and dealing with people. But that might just be me. My parents did a lot more traveling and going out.

Oh, ability to stay awake at night. I struggle to not go to bed early every day. and it sucks.

Confidence.

Immunity (thank god I'm not that old lmao).

Innocence

1 minute ago, Zagadka said:

Oh, ability to stay awake at night. I struggle to not go to bed early every day. and it sucks.

I'm sorry to hear that but at the same time I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem.

Blue eyes white dragon

Patience, hair/hair color, cells 

My sanity. Oh who am I kidding that’s always been gone.

The notion that I know things. I just think I do. Somewhat educated guesses really. And not particularly good ones. 

35 minutes ago, GingerRose said:

What are things you've lost as you've gotten older?...

...extreme self-criticism, severe depression...I'm very glad to have healed a lot from trauma and moved past these things.

@A User I think it's interesting you've changed your avatar into the character from Schitt's Creek; I've just started watching that show and that character is my favorite from the show, too.

Just now, LeChat said:

I think it's interesting you've changed your avatar into the character from Schitt's Creek; I've just started watching that show and that character is my favorite from the show, too.

oh yea david is just so great-

he always has the best sweaters like, boy, hand them over to me lmao

Care. Seriously, pffft.

GingerRose
Just now, Homer said:

pffft.

And this is a new expression that comes with old age.

GingerRose
1 minute ago, Karst said:

Liberal political views?

Any specific ones?

*She asks, lighting the fire...

Indestructibility.  When you are young you can recover from almost anything.  As you get older injuries take longer to heal.  It forces you to be more cautious even if your spirit is still young

10 minutes ago, GingerRose said:

And this is a new expression that comes with old age.

I guess I've been old for 25 years then

20 minutes ago, GingerRose said:

Any specific ones?

*She asks, lighting the fire...

"I see an injustice and it must be reversed now! NOW! Every second it is not fixed is another crime against humanity! NOW, NOW! "Patience" is just another word for "drop dead!" Cost? How DARE you bring up cost? Are you a cruel, evil, greedy capitalist who would rather see the world die talking about imaginary boomer cons like "how will we pay for it?" Just DO IT! NOW! Money always takes care of itself. Just like my laundry. It somehow always gets cleaned, who knows how?"

30 minutes ago, BZA said:

The notion that I know things. I just think I do. Somewhat educated guesses really. And not particularly good ones. 

I get this, I really learned to accept that I don't know anything, and admit that.

5 minutes ago, BZA said:

"I see an injustice and it must be reversed now! NOW! Every second it is not fixed is another crime against humanity! NOW, NOW! "Patience" is just another word for "drop dead!" Cost? How DARE you bring up cost? Are you a cruel, evil, greedy capitalist who would rather see the world die talking about imaginary boomer cons like "how will we pay for it?" Just DO IT! NOW! Money always takes care of itself. Just like my laundry. It somehow always gets cleaned, who knows how?"

That, I don't get. They say people grow out of liberal views and become more conservative with age, but I've stayed the same or become more radical just seeing the same injustices continued, and I've seen more how business operates and treats workers.

faith in humanity.

Well, no, not exactly. Faith in my own generation and the ones before.

Oh, where's my list! My health, gradually, patience, trust in people, idealism to some extent, eyesight, hearing, time to have a family (wahahahah), energy (everything takes more effort, including dealing with annoying people), faith in humanity, family and friends, my sense of adventure, fitness, ...

My list of things I have gained as I got older is almost as long though.

Ps.: you gotta love @Homer pfff

Concentration.

I could concentrate so much some years ago and be so productive. I miss it 😅

DemonicEnby

Youthful metabolism. When I was a teen I could eat double the amount of food I eat today, not put on weight and partying wasn't punished with the hangover of doom. And patience in dealing with people too. Nowadays I just got no fucks to give anymore and have more of a general meh-attitude to... Nearly everything really. 

11 minutes ago, DemonicSister said:

Youthful metabolism. When I was a teen I could eat double the amount of food I eat today, not put on weight and partying wasn't punished with the hangover of doom.

Oh yea, when I was a teen I was rail thin and ate without thinking twice... in my mid-late 20s I was on psych meds and that stopped, put on a ton of weight overnight and am just now getting rid of it after years of trying.

blunose2772

the belief that there is some good in everyone

3 hours ago, GingerRose said:

What are things you've lost as you've gotten older?

It can be something physical or conceptual.

*10 points if you say Marbles.

My fast metabolism, my figure, a lot of stupidity, the need for love.

Archived