Personality types in relation to asexuality.

Furtive Pygmy

Furtive Pygmy

I'm new around here, so not sure if this has been brought up before.

A couple years ago I took the Myers-Briggs personality test and the result was 'Advocate' (INFJ-T), the rarest of them all. I'm curious if there are links between certain personality types and being on the ace spectrum?

I think there's a large thread about it somewhere.

I typically get something like ISFP or INFP, which I guess is accurate.

Please don't take this personally. MBTI isn't taken seriously by psychologists, not anymore anyways.

I think that by asking the question on a forum, you're just likely to find the type of person who frequents forums. 

I reliably get INFJ on mbti, and well hey look at that I'm on a forum, and so are you.

Sam Spade

I think that by asking the question on a forum, you're just likely to find the type of person who frequents forums. 

I agree, INFJ/INTJ are two of the rarest types and it seems like most of the people on online forums say they're INFJ/INTJ 

I'm not into the whole personality test thing but it's kind of fun to play around with. 

crazy ace
2 hours ago, Ico said:

INFJ-T

yup

Furtive Pygmy

I'

23 minutes ago, Sam Spade said:

I agree, INFJ/INTJ are two of the rarest types and it seems like most of the people on online forums say they're INFJ/INTJ 

I'm not into the whole personality test thing but it's kind of fun to play around with. 

I'm hoping that you're not implying I'm making this up. This is the only online forum I've joined in almost 20 years. I only came across the personality test after it was forwarded to me from a friend that took it during treatment (from a professional) after attempting suicide.

Sam Spade
1 hour ago, Ico said:

I'm hoping that you're not implying I'm making this up.

No, I'm not, sorry for the confusion! The forums I was talking about are mainly fiction writing forums, and only the members on the forum who actually said what MBTI type they are. 

Furtive Pygmy
8 hours ago, Sam Spade said:

No, I'm not, sorry for the confusion! The forums I was talking about are mainly fiction writing forums, and only the members on the forum who actually said what MBTI type they are. 

No worries, thanks for clarifying.

Archived