New Declass Team Member Needed: Nominations

Kelly

Join the team!

We are looking for one more member of the AVEN Declassification Team. See more about that here:

http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/123437-introducing-avens-new-declassification-team/ 

We are now taking nominations. If you are interested, throw cookies, cakes, your hat, turnip, or whatever you have into the ring. Just be sure to make it clear that you wish to run.

Eligibility requirements include being a member for at least 6 months, and having at least 100 posts that are not in the Just for Fun or Welcome Lounge forums. You also cannot run with an active, current, warning.

Also, see the following for election rules:

http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/90514-rules-and-procedure-for-elections/ 

Voting will be by a vote of confidence.

This is the timeline for this election:

Thursday, 6 May to Thursday, 13 May: Nominations.

Thursday, 13 May to Sunday, 16 May: Dedicated Q&A period.

Sunday, 16 May to Sunday, 23 May: Voting.

YAY MORE VOTING!!!!!!!!

ofc, I still must wait a few more months till I can :/

WünderBâhr

Edited:  Yay, election! Good luck to all candidates. @A User, I think you might be eligible, now? 🤔 Would be good to ask Admods, just to make sure. ^ ^

49 minutes ago, GreyinWonderland said:

@Kelly, since this thread was just posted, shouldn't the dates reflect the time ranges starting from today? I think there might've been a copy paste error. 

today is actually the sixth-

36 minutes ago, ben8884 said:

Join the orange team!

orange a bit sus tho

*among us music plays*

Orange is the best! In all seriousness being a DT is pretty cool. It's a good way to learn about the administrative tasks of AVEN at a more relaxed pace.

20 minutes ago, A User said:

today is actually the sixth-

The OP was just edited, with the correct dates. I saw what @GreyinWonderland meant and saw, earlier: it'd said something like April 8 to May 6 for "Nominations" and "May 6 to May 13 Dedicated Q and A period."

Their point was that, yes, today is May 6th and that those dates needed to be changed (since nominations only began, today) which, now, they were.

2 hours ago, GreyinWonderland said:

I think you might be eligible, now?

I thought you had to be 6 months old, but my 6 months is on the 17....

WünderBâhr

Is it 6 months to nominate or 6 months to voting period? 😅 I forget. I am very forgetful... 

Snao Cone

I'm pretty sure it's 6 months as of the last day of the election but @Kelly will need to confirm. 

37 minutes ago, Snao Cone said:

I'm pretty sure it's 6 months as of the last day of the election but @Kelly will need to confirm. 

That is correct. Six months before taking office.

9 hours ago, ben8884 said:

Orange is the best! In all seriousness being a DT is pretty cool. It's a good way to learn about the administrative tasks of AVEN at a more relaxed pace.

Second this 😎👍

Janus the Fox

I started in Orange, never know where an Avenite may end up doing few years later :)

DT hasn’t the responsibilities of Admods, but it is technical, you’ll be dealing with the code behind the Comments, removing info and placing that into a declass index.

Forest Spirit

(putting that here if it comes up)

Never been on declass, but with regards to the code it's HTML and not that difficult to deal with as long as there are no actual formatting issues (which we try to deal with when making posts and I'm sure you can ask for help if anything too weird shows up)

10 hours ago, Kelly said:

That is correct. Six months before taking office.

Thanks.

I'm not really interested in running this time cuz I don't like both roles (imo), but when something that peaks my interest pops up, I'll most likely take that instead.

12 hours ago, Janus DarkFox said:

I started in Orange, never know where an Avenite may end up doing few years later :)

DT hasn’t the responsibilities of Admods, but it is technical, you’ll be dealing with the code behind the Comments, removing info and placing that into a declass index.

Oh cool! I will apply to DT in 6 months then 🤣

Cimmerian
On 5/7/2021 at 6:26 PM, Twy said:

Oh cool! I will apply to DT in 6 months then 🤣

I'm completely partial when I say DT's my favorite. :P

1 hour ago, Cimmerian said:

I'm completely partial when I say DT's my favorite. :P

It's been so long since anyones confused us both, but to be honest, there should be shenanigans before you go

We will do this again soon.

Archived