Sensual attraction

Blue grass

Blue grass

Any asexual who experience sensual attraction? If you do, do you ever mistaken it as sexual attraction?

(Sorry if my grammar sucks, english isnt my first language)

hypnopompic
1 minute ago, Blue grass said:

Any asexual who experience sensual attraction? If you do, do you ever mistaken it as sexual attraction?

(Sorry if my grammar sucks, english isnt my first language)

I do experience sensual attraction in the sense that I want to touch someone I like or am in love with. However, I don't really understand how you could possibly confuse that with sexual attraction since the need to touch is always strictly limited to affectionate gestures that are not sexual. What is your experience with this?

Oberon Jasper

So I very rarely feel it (I'm demisensual). I have mistaken it for sexual attraction and thought I was demisexual for a while. That's really all I've got tho...

Oberon Jasper
1 minute ago, hypnopompic said:

I do experience sensual attraction in the sense that I want to touch someone I like or am in love with. However, I don't really understand how you could possibly confuse that with sexual attraction since the need to touch is always strictly limited to affectionate gestures that are not sexual. What is your experience with this?

I think for some people it can be things like passionate kissing and stuff which would normally be interpreted as leading to s*x so people can mistake it for sexual attraction instead of sensual. It varies a bit from person to person.

Blue grass

Iam just kinda confuse because sensual attraction is kinda hard to describe, thats why i ask the question really

Sarah-Sylvia

I can experience a lot of sensual attraction at times. I'm very cuddly and love to touch. I would only with someone I feel comfortable to do that with tho :)

To me it's just about wanting to touch and be physically close.

Blue eyes white dragon

I'm just a very sensual person in general, it's not exactly an attraction for be but there are specific people I want to feel their touch.

I don't get sensual *attraction* in that I feel a need to closely touch another person, but I do enjoy a hug/cuddle etc... I never confused it for sexual desire, though.

EDIT

I really don't like the whole kissing and smelling and stuff, though. Just hug, cuddle, hold hands, etc.

Blue eyes white dragon

Oh yeah I forgot the other part of the question lol

When I was younger, I thought sexual attraction WAS sensual attraction, they just did something I did not find appealing lol

Zimmermikeee

(Ain't really asexual)

When I experience sensual attraction, i wanna touch, hold hands or cuddle w a person. And no, i've never mixed it up w sexual attraction cuz when you experience sexual attraction, you wanna have sex w a person, right? There's no such element in sensual attraction.

TormentDubz

I have a ton of it, I need to be held and kissed and feel someone's warmth and smell them

I am very sensual and tactile. Touch means a lot in my relationships - even with family and friends. Hugs, holding hands, pat on the shoulder, you name it, I am all in for it. Have no experience in romantic relationships so I don't know how it would interfere with my (hypothetical) sexual attraction. 

Aside from emotional intimacy, sensuality the most important thing to me in a relationship.

I want to be able to caress you in my arms and feel your body lying next to mine.

Too bad its never happened before. I absolutely CRAVE touch sometimes.

Before I knew that there were different kinds of attractions I thought they all were sexual attraction so yes I’ve gotten them confused. I mostly feel deep and intense romantic attraction for people and before I learned more about asexuality, I assumed that that was what everyone was feeling. 

Yes, I love touch from simple to hugs. The whole spectrum. And no, this cannot be confused with sexual desire.

9 hours ago, RobL2415 said:

Aside from emotional intimacy, sensuality the most important thing to me in a relationship.

I want to be able to caress you in my arms and feel your body lying next to mine.

Too bad its never happened before. I absolutely CRAVE touch sometimes.

I don’t know about you but I would hate to have wasted those precious firsts on anyone who didn’t stay in my life for keeps. For those whose first becomes their only and always, there would always be the memory of those precious firsts to help keep the sensual passion alive.

5 minutes ago, Autumn Twilight said:

I don’t know about you but I would hate to have wasted those precious firsts on anyone who didn’t stay in my life for keeps. For those whose first becomes their only and always, there would always be the memory of those precious firsts to keep the sensual passion alive.

No judgement or anything, but that statement makes me feel *very* aro.

3 minutes ago, Zagadka said:

No judgement or anything, but that statement makes me feel *very* aro.

*Shrug* I’m a decent wordsmith. That much has been recognized on numerous occasions.

Just when I think I'm generally OK with sensual things, statements like "I want to be able to caress you in my arms and feel your body lying next to mine" and "For those whose first becomes their only and always" and "sensual passion" remind me that... I'm really not on that level and come very near making me recoil in panic.

Sarah-Sylvia
10 minutes ago, Zagadka said:

Just when I think I'm generally OK with sensual things, statements like "I want to be able to caress you in my arms and feel your body lying next to mine" and "For those whose first becomes their only and always" and "sensual passion" remind me that... I'm really not on that level and come very near making me recoil in panic.

There's probably different levels of sensuality and also whether or not romance goes into it.
For me when I read "I want to be able to caress you in my arms and feel your body lying next to mine"  I felt that pretty strongly, but I'm not sure if it's because of my sensuality or because of my romantic side. Maybe both.

1 minute ago, Sarah-Sylvia said:

There's probably different levels of sensuality and also whether or not romance goes into it.
For me when I read "I want to be able to caress you in my arms and feel your body lying next to mine"  I felt that pretty strongly, but I'm not sure if it's because of my sensuality or because of my romantic side. Maybe both.

I get that they can mix... but that kind of statement just makes me nope the hell out. I'm fine with cuddling and whatnot, but what makes it uncomfortable is when that becomes a caress or feeling a body press against... that becomes more of an invasion into my space, an ulterior motive on me, to lay claim. Can't really explain it, I am very much *not* a wordsmith. It just feels... icky to my at that point, like when a friend develops romantic feelings. And I get that I am not typical here, so...

Sarah-Sylvia
11 minutes ago, Zagadka said:

I get that they can mix... but that kind of statement just makes me nope the hell out. I'm fine with cuddling and whatnot, but what makes it uncomfortable is when that becomes a caress or feeling a body press against... that becomes more of an invasion into my space, an ulterior motive on me, to lay claim. Can't really explain it, I am very much *not* a wordsmith. It just feels... icky to my at that point, like when a friend develops romantic feelings. And I get that I am not typical here, so...

An ulterior motive of love XD.

1 minute ago, Sarah-Sylvia said:

An ulterior motive of love XD.

Them's fighting words to an aro... 😉

Sarah-Sylvia

I don't think I consider caressing to be romantic only. I love to caress and be caressed, and it does fill my sensual interest.
I don't want to compare it to petting a pet, but in a way I think it can be like that on one side, in that it feels nice to be touched nicely.

I do admit it can also be romantic depending on the context tho.

a little annihilation

definitely

If I love someone I really just want to hug/ cuddle them for an extended period of time 

I've never mistook sensual attraction for sexual attraction BUT I often mistook it as romantic attraction ;-;

18 hours ago, Zagadka said:

You know, several months ago I would have left a topic like this without comment as the concept of romance was more or less BS to me. Besides, I always thought than any girl who knew I was interested would be disgusted by me, and I was always afraid of being labeled a creep. Then I noticed a girl I thought was really sweet, and based on things she said before I thought at least I won’t get chewed up and spat out for letting her know I was interested. I was correct about that so all of a sudden it seemed possible that I could be successful at some point, and I suppose that’s what led to my change of heart. Things suddenly went sour between us though and we’re not even friends anymore, so basically I was left with those new-found feelings and no outlet for them, hence my prior, rather poetic entry.

HTH, and that it’s acceptable, because God knows I tried.

InvisibleSquid

I definitely feel sensual attraction. I definitely do not mistake it for sexual attraction, but I'm sure I did when I was younger. I love hugs and cuddling, and holding hands. But I'm also aro, so what I did was mix up sensual attraction with romantic attraction, and that's a mess in itself when you realize that you don't actually feel the same way the other person feels. Therefore, platonic cuddle buddy, pls??

InfjAceGirl

I'm ace but also very very cuddly! You can feel sensual attraction to family and friends too. And it means you want to hug them or lay next to them etc.

Archived