TV show - 'Everything's Gonna Be Okay' Is Giving Us the Asexual Love Story We Deserve

Forest Spirit

everywhere and nowhere

I just regret a little that it's still a relationship which starts with the sexual component, as if it wasn't possible otherwise. I remember when I used to type "asexual lesbians" in the search engine - and almost all I found were what I could call "secondarily asexual relationships" - so, the well-known "lesbian bed death" - rather than "primarily asexual relationships", relationships which begin as asexual because the partners know that this is what they desire - and still don't feel like they don't have a right to call themselves lesbians in absence of the sexual component. It just... didn't feel too encouraging to someone who is sex-averse and simply couldn't bring herself to have sex with anyone.

weird elf

I just read that article and it literally moved me to tears. Aces and other alphabet mafiosi, neurodiversity, and disability representation in the same show? For reals? There's hope for the world yet, folks.

Forest Spirit
22 minutes ago, weird elf said:

alphabet mafiosi

😄

But yes, it sounds very diverse and not in a forced way (aka "oh yeah let's just say that character is gay so that we can check that off our list"). Though I haven't seen it myself

This is so awesome! Where will it be aired?

Thank you so much!

Archived