Cuddling

Killua

How do you guys feel about cuddling? And by extension, cuddling with friends/family even as an activity most people consider romantic? Or even cuddling with a partner which could/often has an expectation that it'll lead to something sexual?

nutterwithasolderingiron

im very pro cuddling (with permission, of course)

Absolutely love it! I love hugging, snuggling, and just being held by someone. In general, I'm very physical with affection, which I think is one of the reasons it was so hard for me to accept being asexual and sex-repulsed.

Sarah-Sylvia

Yes.

😜

Once I get to know someone, I can be very touchy and want to hold hands and hug, but not in a relationship way. I used to walk around campus holding hands with friends all the time. I haven't cuddled in many years, but I'd be up for it, like, just laying on the couch or bed watching a movie or talking.

Blue eyes white dragon

Give me the cuddles!! I mainly cuddle with my cousin (both girls and the same age and are super close) but I also cuddle with another female friend. Of course I'll cuddle my partner

TormentDubz

I desperately need cuddles but never get any

TormentDubz
50 minutes ago, TheCrow said:

Absolutely love it! I love hugging, snuggling, and just being held by someone. In general, I'm very physical with affection, which I think is one of the reasons it was so hard for me to accept being asexual and sex-repulsed.

Same other than I easily accepted it lol

i personally don't like cuddles, they just aren't for me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Cuddling with a partner: Y E S. I daydream about it frequently. I'm afraid I've over-hyped it for myself but whatever, it just sounds so nice and comforting.

Cuddling with friends or family: Eh ... I dunno. As much as I love the idea of romantic physical affection, I am not a physically affectionate person. My partner would be an exception, because sensual attraction is tied right into romantic feelings for me. So I just don't feel the same way with my non-romantic relationships. I'm sure I'd get at least a little enjoyment out of it, but it's definitely not something I actively desire.

Cuddling with the expectation of sex: Probably not. That would just take the enjoyment out of it for me, because I'd be worrying about when the sexual stuff would start. Yeah, that one's iffy.

Depends on my current mood and the person I'm expected to cuddle with, I guess. Can be anything between "(a little bit) repulsed" and "may lead to arousal, even sexual thoughts".

Best state probably would be just that feeling of warmness and closeness, happyness, without any sexual association.

I'm not cuddeling woth firends/family. Only with our cat. Additionally my longing and thoughts(or "thoights caused by longing") about cuddeling seem to vary over time, being mostly absent at the moment.

If cuddeling with someone else, I don't care about them maybe having sexual thoughts. Especially as long they don't want me to act on them.(If they did, depending on the specific situation my reaction may vary, things getting mire complicated. Either I'm making a game out of it (like teasing) or I'm showing some not that easily calculateabel reaction (as their might be heavy inner conflicts sometimes, like, when that other person is dominante and I'm aroused enough, I might end up in a not sexual, but fetishlike state, which I'm actually trying to avoid; But that's just some very less testified theory that just came into my mind).)

But actually I've not yet much experience with cuddeling, so some of the things I'm writing here might be not look like this in reality.

Cuddling with a romantic partner, definitely yes!! That would be a very big and important way to experience intimacy and express affection. :)

But not with friends, no. It just feels to me personally like a far too intimate activity to do with friends. I generally like hugging my friends and don't necessarily dislike some casual touch if it's someone I like and trust (I heavily dislike all touch from strangers and people I don't like though), but anything beyond that, absolutely not.

I kind of imagine I feel similarly about cuddling as some sexual people feel about sex - while I understand that to some people it could just be a casual, pleasant activity to be enjoyed in the moment and of course have no judgement on that, for me personally it's something that would always mean something in a deeper sense and could never be just platonic or casual, and I would want my partner to understand and respect that. 

(I wouldn't mind at all if my romantic partner was aroused or whatever from the cuddling, but while I am not necessarily completely sex-repulsed I would want the boundaries clearly established beforehand, ie unless we have decided otherwise beforehand, the cuddling will not be leading to anything sexual. That would be essential to my relaxation and enjoyment of it.)

6 hours ago, Killua said:

How do you guys feel about cuddling? And by extension, cuddling with friends/family even as an activity most people consider romantic? Or even cuddling with a partner which could/often has an expectation that it'll lead to something sexual?

hmmm... I cuddle mum's grey cat sometimes :o And I cuddle my kids because it's good for their emotional well-being. But I haven't hugged another adult (outside of immediate family who I don't really have a choice with) for.. over a decade? I probably wouldn't know what to do anymore, lol

Just now, Autumn Twilight said:

What’s cuddling?

yeah I've kind of forgotten (actually, I never really hugged people??) when it comes to hugging adults anyway!

Just now, PanFicto. said:

yeah I've kind of forgotten (actually, I never really hugged people??) when it comes to hugging adults anyway!

Missed the broad side of a barn door.

I like cuddling, but not too much, and only with my significant other. I don't like friends hugging me etc 

Janus the Fox

don’t mind receiving cuddles, especially from the BF, never give, same with my mother.  As long it’s gently, not too strong.  With the BF, I have this ‘handle with care, fragile goods’ type thing.

Haven't had much experience with it, but would enjoy it with a partner or someone I'm aesthetically and romantically attracted to (if they felt similarly), but not really anyone else, and certainly without expectations or desire for anything sexual.

ClaryFray1984
17 hours ago, TheCrow said:

Me too!!!!

I enjoy it when I'm in a relationship, but only then. I don't like being touched by family or most friends. I'm fine with more casual contact with friends (like the occasional hug) but I wouldn't do something like cuddling except if it was with someone I'm dating (or want to date).

I enjoy and am comforted by physical touch with anyone I'm close to -- both friends and family, as well as (hypothetically) with a partner. Both of my best friends are the same way, so (in non-Covid times) we'll often hug and put our heads on each other's shoulders and whatnot.

I also just like the sensation of physical pressure generally, which is why I love weighted blankets. No clue why that is, but the feeling of having weight on me has always been strangely reassuring.

Off topic, but I've always wanted to have a weighted blanket, but most of the time here I sleep with just a sheet because of the weather... they sound really comfy.

KuraTheChibiSleepingBeauty

I'm touch-starved, but avoid it mainly because I end up absorbing peoples' emotions. If I could prevent that, I'd probably cuddle with a lot of people I care about. I do like cuddling with my cat a lot. 

Purple Red Panda

Despite being a little weird about being touched cuddling is something I'd really like to do. This would of course require another person, which is where the whole thing tends to fall apart a bit *sigh*.

I like cuddling. No shits given what "most people" consider that as. They're free to shove their opinion where the sun won't shine.

I like cuddles. 

With my family 5 minutes are enough, but with my friends  they can last for hours. 

And nowadays I'm getting clear that it has become a relevant part of some  of my friendships that is currently missing.

That's a feeling that applies to cuddling in general. I just met up with a friend who isn't that much into cuddles. Nonetheless we ended up cuddling anyways, since I initiated some closeness as far as he's comfortable with it. We had such a good time so I'm happy we did it.

What I like about cuddles is how my mind is actually free. The world is such a loud and hasty place and a short break from that feels so soothing. You don't have to think about something and you don't need to talk. Just whispering something from time to time and sharing these good feelings with each other is honestly feels great.

Archived