Would u date with an asexual person

rrahibe

İf u allosexual would u date an asexual one?if you do.. with what conditions?

Janus the Fox

Moved to For Sexual Partners, Friends and Allies

Janus DarkFox

Cover Welcome Lounge, Tea and Sympathy/(h)AVEN, Weekends Asexual Relationships, Current Questions about Asexuality, Asexual Musings and Rantings & Open Mic Moderator

In general I wouldn't recommend it. For most allosexuals, sex and mutual desire are an important part of of love and romance.  An asexual can never give them that desire, and depending on their feelings, may not want to  engage in sex at all. 

Its a big world with billions of people. Why get into a relationship with a major incompatibility. 

12 hours ago, rrahibe said:

I am not asexual.. but I'm probably not what would be called 'allosexual' ..I would definitely date an asexual person though ^_^ 

TurnedTurtle

For me, I guess it would depend on what you mean by dating. I would be happy to hang out and do stuff together as friends, but if I knew the person was asexual, I would not be interested in getting into (or trying to get into, or exploring the possibility of) a committed romantic relationship.

No. Been there, done that. That was my first relationship (marriage). I was unsure of my own sexuality at the time and thought it would be fine, and there were other reasons it wasn't the right match (we make good platonic friends, though), but yeah I can't do a relationship without mutual sexual desire. It's too important to me in a romantic partnership.

Platonic friendship would be my limit. 

and what @cbc said.....(I wanted to reference the last two sentences, but damn Ceebs! Is that second to last sentence a run-on or what? 🙄🤣)

5 minutes ago, Traveler40 said:

(I wanted to reference the last two sentences, but damn Ceebs! Is that second to last sentence a run-on or what? 🙄🤣)

Aha, that's nothing. I am skilled at verbosity. 😂

anisotrophic

What’s dating? Being friends? If someone is supportive & validating of me having sexuality, I’m happy to be friends & that can be as emotionally & physically intimate as is mutually comfortable. I’m not going to connect and warm up to someone based on sex. But also, I’m (cf reasons below) not going to be “exclusive” in any sense.

I’m pretty time limited, being married & a parent already, if I’m out dating it’s not ideal for me to be forming yet another strong interpersonal connection with someone that isn’t with a person I can have sex with & desires to do that with me.

Yeah I don't call my interactions with platonic friends 'dating'. Unless maybe you're in that weird middle ground where you're trying to figure out wtf is going on with a friend and it's clearly not solely platonic (and to be fair, I've had about three of those situations in my life lol), there's enough of a difference that 'dating' would not be the right word to me...

23 hours ago, rrahibe said:

Guys  what i mean is that  being in a relationship  more like serious things

1 hour ago, rrahibe said:

Also no... definite no.

1 hour ago, rrahibe said:

I am sexual and I would only have a platonic relationship with such a person.   A “serious”romantic relationship involves sexual activity for me.

Not sexual. If I had interest into you, and I know you for a while (a year or so) and if I feel that you're into me, I would just say I'm asexual so you can decide where to go from there. Easier for both of us. I know a lot of people need sex to be fulfilled, and it's not something I will be willing to give unless I know someone much more longer.

brbdogsonfire

I'm allosexual dating an asexual. I would consider it but I'd have to feel a very strong connection with someone to consider it again.

3 minutes ago, Çiçek said:

Don't asexuals have a heart? :))

??

Anyone who hears that he is asexual asks the question, do you ever be dating someone. We are so misunderstood that we don't seem to have feelings

Anthracite_Impreza
3 hours ago, Çiçek said:

Anyone who hears that he is asexual asks the question, do you ever be dating someone. We are so misunderstood that we don't seem to have feelings

The OP is asking sexuals whether they would date asexuals, not making some statement that aces can't be romantic (though some are not romantic of course, and that doesn't mean they don't have a 'heart'. Love is not exclusive to romance).

TurnedTurtle

Of course many ace people have feelings and want to love and be loved, just like anyone else. Allosexuals do, too, but for many of us the concepts of loving and being loved, in the context of a committed romantic relationship, are inextricably tied to sex, at some level. Without some sexual component to such a relationship, we feel a huge hole.

Many of the allosexuals responding to the opening question are, I think, a bit older and have come to know of asexuality in the context of an already existing relationship, that was entered into not knowing what asexuality is or that the partner was asexual (and probably the partner didn't know about this either). We feel that huge hole. So we are answering the question knowing what we know now, about ourselves and about asexuality (such as we understand it).

RalphEllison
4 hours ago, Çiçek said:

Don't asexuals have a heart? :))

I have no doubt that people who are asexual have a heart. Informed by my current pain, though, I'd say "no", I would not date a person who identifies as asexual. Not because that person doesn't have a heart, but because I also have a heart that needs protecting. 

Janus the Fox

Having a Heart, being Heartless...? I've played too much Kingdom Hearts lol :P

But of course aces have a heart, being just as capable of having one regardless of sexuaity and other identities.

Edit: lmao I COMPETELY read that title backwards. Sorry about that 

DemonicEnby

Depends really if there was a fitting compromise possible. It would surely not be easy, but going completely sexless? That might be too much, on the other hand if the connection was emotionally strong, maybe. 

It's an interesting mind game but in reality I'm neither allo nor interested in dating at all. 

For an asexual person, a real relationship will of course be difficult. It's like a mind game as you said. I think that if there is a strong friendship at the basis of this relationship, love will come naturally

8 hours ago, Janus DarkFox said:

Having a Heart, being Heartless...? I've played too much Kingdom Hearts lol :P

But of course aces have a heart, being just as capable of having one regardless of sexuaity and other identities.

Sameeeee

I'm an allosexual married to an asexual (but didn't find put about their asexuality until recently). 

But if we break up, would I date an asexual? No. 

Sometimes I wish i didn't find sex so important though

Well, did she tell you she was asexual before she got married? Does this situation negatively affect your life

Archived