Help for the "Days of the Year" for entry International Asexuality Day

Nima

Hiya folks,

I got in touch with the team of "Days of the Year" after learning about our first ever International Asexuality Day on April 6th 2021 to include this in their ever growing calendar. 

The small staff has a lot on their plate, so I'm hoping to help them out with an accurate description (there are too many articles that use questionable descriptions and I wouldn't want us to be misrepresented by accident)

Can you suggest good links for a roughly 300-500 word summary that include the best explanations for people that are still unaware of the subject?

Thanks in advance!

That's awesome! Definitely want to make sure we get a good definition. Have you considered using AVEN's Overview Section? Not all of it, that would be too long, but maybe the first part?

@Nima thanks so much for working on this. I can bring it to the attention of the full IAD team. Would the description be of IAD specifically or of asexuality generally? If the former, maybe take something from the website?

https://internationalasexualityday.org/en/

As well as the front page, there is also more info in the FAQ section.

Thanks for your responses, I fear the Wikipedia article is a bit lengthy for this purpose, but  probably one, the editors of the page will definitely consider as a good source. I was wondering if you maybe know of some shorter summaries that contain the most important Infos geared towards people that are new to the subject? 

All in all, I think being added to their calendar (which have quite a huge following, 84K just on Facebook alone) will greatly increase our visibility 

Not sure where the wikipedia article comes in. What I meant is if you want a short description about IAD, use the one on the page:

International Asexuality Day (IAD) will take place on April 6th. IAD is a coordinated worldwide campaign promoting the ace umbrella, including demisexual, grey-asexual and other ace identities.

The four themes of IAD are:

• Advocacy
  • Celebration
  • Education
  • Solidarity

These themes highlight the aims of recognising and enabling the work that the international ace community and organisations do, particularly in non-Western and/or non-English speaking countries.

We encourage anyone who identifies under the ace umbrella to participate in IAD, particularly but not exclusively in non-anglophone and/or non-Western countries. Participation could be as simple as sharing a post on social media, but there are also organisations all over the world who are holding events, running campaigns and supporting causes.

I used Days of the Year a lot for writing social media posts in my previous job so I love that IAD will be included! Does it matter for the entry that the date could change? I was under the impression that 6 April was a trial date for this year only.

2 hours ago, Cicero said:

I used Days of the Year a lot for writing social media posts in my previous job so I love that IAD will be included! Does it matter for the entry that the date could change? I was under the impression that 6 April was a trial date for this year only.

hm, good question. I figured "first annual" meant recurring? But Im sure, if there was a change in the date, we could inform the editors and have it moved.

Thank you for your suggestions, I forwarded the link to the team.We'll see what happens 🤷‍♀️

Archived