Forums performance issues?

timewarp
5 hours ago, Kimmie. said:

It seems to work fine now at least.

Personally I believe that's more to do with the time of day. Just wait a few hours...

• Like 2
Sky Tune Rein

It's gone midnight here and it's running slower than Windows XP on a 90's budget school computer.

• Like 2
Kimmie.

Now it has starting to acting up again

Sarah-Sylvia

It's only happening once in a while, but it's definitely acting up sometimes. I don't remember it being like this before a few weeks ago.

• Like 1

Also getting some delays, threads not loading, etc.

Perin

Trouble? I find it almost unusable!!!! I can’t browse forums, it just hangs. Always. I have to use ‘notifications’ or the search facility (which also often hangs). Frustrating to the point I often want to abandon the site. 

Ive raised a query with tech support. Weeks ago. I’ve not received an acknowledgement let alone a solution. 

🤨

From what one of the mods said in another forum, tech support is aware and working on it but has not yet found the cause.  That was a couple of days ago.

• Like 1
Perin
15 minutes ago, ryn2 said:

From what one of the mods said in another forum, tech support is aware and working on it but has not yet found the cause.  That was a couple of days ago.

Ty for that heads up. Of course, it’s hard for me to find this sort of info bc I can’t browse the forums lol & arghhhh!!

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Perin said:

Ty for that heads up. Of course, it’s hard for me to find this sort of info bc I can’t browse the forums lol & arghhhh!!

It wasn’t an official announcement, just a response to a question.  From what I understand tech support is one individual (who also has a paying job) so they probably have their hands full and aren’t meaning to ignore inquiries.

• Like 1
daveb
4 hours ago, ryn2 said:

It wasn’t an official announcement, just a response to a question.  From what I understand tech support is one individual (who also has a paying job) so they probably have their hands full and aren’t meaning to ignore inquiries.

Yeah, to the best of my knowledge they are aware there is a problem and are looking into it, but no solution yet. If it helps, it's affecting most people, including mods and admins, so we won't be ignoring it. :) 

It does seem to come and go or vary at times, but it has not just gone away. Unfortunately.

I will try to remember to post or make sure someone does post when a solution is found (and I trust a solution will be found eventually - hopefully sooner than later*). 

* at least within my lifetime? :P 

• Like 1
Spaghetti Cat

It always seems to happen at the same time every day 😕 Which is now.

• Like 2
timewarp

81f_groundhogday2019whenisgroundhogdaypu

• Like 2