Forums performance issues?

Forum performance, which is usually fine, got markedly slower for me yesterday afternoon EDT.  It’s been intermittently slow to really slow since then.

A couple of other posters just mentioned it as well, one also saying it started yesterday, but I didn’t see anything here about it so I figured someone should speak up.

Mobile user, iPhone 11Pro, latest iOS, Safari native browser.

• Like 2
Ally123

What do you mean forum performance? Do you mean posting things cause thats been slow, but I would think thats just my internet.

8 minutes ago, Ally123 said:

What do you mean forum performance? Do you mean posting things cause thats been slow, but I would think thats just my internet.

Reloading/refreshing Notifications, switching from subforum to subforum, replying to topics, and editing posts.  An hour ago, e.g., it took 34 seconds after I hit reply for my post to save.

I initially thought it was just me but two other people asked about it... and none of my other apps or sites are slow.

• Like 2
Sky Tune Rein

I struggled logging in and in the last 15 minutes I've only been able to load several threads, a couple profile views and posted a status update and this post.

• Like 1
Zagadka

All morning (er oh crap it is almost 3 pm) it has been pretty spotty on responsiveness for me. I usually frequently have AVEN randomly time out on loading, but today it has been really bad, inaccessible for over an hour at a time (I've been going in and out).

• Like 1
timewarp

Yep, been like that for a couple of days. If past experiences are anything to go by, maybe it's time to unlock the backup forum.

• Like 1
yellowseaurchin

It's extremely slow for me...several times today I have been unable to view threads and my browser (Edge) tells me AVEN was too slow in responding. 

• Like 1

For me it started early afternoon EDT yesterday (Friday), coincidentally around the time something related to BITS hosed our work internet (which I wasn’t using to get here XD).

• Like 1
Ally123
9 minutes ago, ryn2 said:

Reloading/refreshing Notifications, switching from subforum to subforum, replying to topics, and editing posts.  An hour ago, e.g., it took 34 seconds after I hit reply for my post to save.

I initially thought it was just me but two other people asked about it... and none of my other apps or sites are slow.

yeah its been super slow compared to normal

• Like 1
timewarp
1 minute ago, Ally123 said:

yeah its been super slow compared to normal

It's about average compared to "normal" a few years ago 🤣

• Like 1
TormentDubz

Yeah it's taking forever

• Like 1
Purple Red Panda

Slow for me also.

• Like 1
Sarah-Sylvia

The site is definitely slow for me. I do have some streams going on but usually it's fine.

• Like 1
trifasciata

Chats dissapeared...again. Things are slower that usual, but its not too bad (on my end at least).

Sean_Bird

Extreeemely slow for me today. I haven't been able to view any forums or post since whenever I last made one on the thinking thread.

How am I supposed to be a jolly gay pirate with my fellow Avenites if I can't get into the party/art threads? :(

• Like 3
Sean_Bird

Fuuuuunctiooooon

Oh my gooooooood

• Like 2
SocialMorays

Loading notifications, posting, and reacting to posts in particular have been extremely slow for me over the past hour or two. Loading new content is somewhat slower. I wasn't having any problems yesterday, or before around 4:30 or 5 pm EST.

• Like 2
trifasciata

Nevermind my last post, things are now substantially slower. Ah well.

• Like 1
Artemis42

Yup me too, just noticed it within the last few hours. Nothing else is lagging nearly as much, I usually have pretty great Internet so I doubt the issue is on my end. Especially if others are noticing it too. Weird.

• Like 1
Phoenix the II

Same here guys...

@Coleslaw Please?

• Like 2
Sean_Bird

It's becoming functional again on my end. It seems to come and go in terms of loading speed.

• Like 3
Anthracite_Impreza

It's been really bad for all the chaos crew for a couple of days.

• Like 1
Janus DarkFox

Same here, intermittent, loads can be up to 2 minutes, any browser, Desktop and Mobile, any Themes, All Browsers, both WiFi and Mobile Data.

Staff are aware and Members may need to be patient more than usual with the Software at the moment.

Interestingly, this Thread is displaying as 0 Views for me currently.

• Like 4
13 minutes ago, Sean_Bird said:

It seems to come and go in terms of loading speed.

*nods* definitely.

• Like 2

Yeah started yesterday for me too and comes and goes in terms of severity. Loading the results of a search took nearly two mins earlier.

• Like 2
Sean_Bird

Not as much of an issue, but notifications are popping up as "___ posted just now!" and the post is up to 4 hours old.

Snao Cone

If it feels this slow to me now, imagine how much slower it's going to seem when the drugs kick in.

• Like 3
Sky Tune Rein
1 hour ago, Phoenix the II said:

Same here guys...

@Coleslaw Please?

I wouldn't mind some coleslaw right now either. ^_^

• Like 1

Ikr, for me it's been loading real slow, despite the fact that AVEN loads fast on my pc.

I have good internet, but I kinda thought it was lag

Ig since everyone else is sayin something, might as well, hehe...

sometimes I just give up waitig after a few secs and click another thing, while one thing was loading, so I can see that instead lol

@Coleslaw tho since Phoenix the II started it

Oh, good; I'm finally logged in and can post what I could only mention in the chat, earlier.

I've been having trouble logging in for the past couple of days, where, sometimes, it works (usually, earlier in the day) and, other times, it doesn't (like today, I tried logging in, for hours, but it wouldn't go through, on the main forum page).

Interestingly, though, when I tried clicking on chat, that worked and listed me as logged into my username (only for that, though). So, that's where I mentioned having problems with the forums, since I wasn't able to post about it on any of the forums.

If it helps, at all, when I tried logging in, I noticed AVEN's website said, "waiting for chatwee.api," then "waiting for asexuality.org/en." So, I decided to check "chatwee.api" on the website, "Is It Down?" and found out that their entire site/server was down. If AVEN uses that site for the forums, I thought it might be helpful for AVEN staff to know.

Also, I tried restarting my computer, earlier, clearing my cache, and using another browser, none of which helped, at all, and, like you, this was the only site I was having trouble with.

Thanks, for posting about this, because I couldn't, earlier. I tried checking the back-up boards.

Right now, though, the site seems to be working better, for me, now (so far), the way it should. I don't know if it'll stay that way.

• Like 1