Hello there! Nice to meet you all!

SnaccRacc

Hello! I'm very new to not only the asexual community, but the LGBTQ+ in general! I was raised by very Christian conservative parents, so looking back I cringe at my old, pre highschool, beliefs, but now I'm growing and learning. I discovered I was on both the ace and aro spectrum, and it was a relief to know I'm not broken, as well as a journey to accept myself.

I have a few hobbies, like drawing, a bit of writing, and swimming. My favorite is using my one of my monofins to swim like a mermaid. I cant do it too often because Wisconsin gets cold around winter and covid disrupted indoor pools, but once the outdoor pools open it's free game. I have two cats, Nickie and Willow. Willow is a clingy momma's girl, while Nickie is a chonky comfort cat. 

I live with my family, but I want to move out soon, I work full time, and I'm going to start college soon.

I love this community, and am so happy there are people like me. I'm pretty deep in both ace and aro spectrums, but I'm not comfortable using more specific labels quite yet, so I'll stay under the umbrella :3 thank you all for welcoming me and supporting me! Have a lovely day/night!

Sarah-Sylvia

Welcome!! :cake:🧁

Good if you can be truer to yourself! And I can understand not feeling like using the labels. I tend not to use them with regular people too, I'll just mention I'm not sexual and let them figure out what that could mean :P Though I do want to promote awareness for asexuality too so I can still end up talking about it here and there, I just talk about it more generally.  Best to go with what feels best to each one of us :)

Hope you enjoy your time around ☀️

TormentDubz

I love swimming, wish I got to do it more often

Welcome! Swimming is great, I can’t wait until the pools are open again, we’ve only got indoor pools because of how cold it is. Might even consider just getting in the pond if it wasn’t full of frogs :P 

ryo0gyaymbj21.jpg

Welcome :cake:

I swam competitively through college, haven't really been in a pool since. Still, I have a lot of fond memories of waking up at four am for a meet.

Archived