The COVID poll

Snao Cone

The COVID poll  

155 members have voted

1. 1. Have you undergone a COVID test?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Have you tested positive for COVID?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes, but I believe it was a false positive
    • No, but I believe it was a false negative
  3. 3. Do you believe you have had COVID but did not confirm it? (i.e. you were ill with similar symptoms but did not get tested for it)

• Yes
    • No
    • It's possible, I have no idea
  4. 4. Have you received a vaccination?

• Yes, fully
    • Partially
    • No
    • No, but I have a scheduled appointment for it in the near future
    • No, and I don't plan on getting one

This poll is closed to new votes

I'm surprised there isn't one yet (or at least I didn't find one skimming the forum).

I got tested for COVID last summer and it came back negative.

• Like 1

Yes I've had one, in January. No to all the other questions.

everywhere and nowhere

I went on quarantine when I suspected that I might have COVID (previous spring), but didn't officially confirm it because I was afraid that, for example, my mom would not be allowed to deliver my groceries to me. I spent two weeks entirely at home, didn't endanger anyone, my mom gave me the groceries without any contact. I was afraid that as a single person I could, yes, get food delivered - but some standard menu, and I absolutely refuse to eat any meat.

I'm not sure if it was COVID. I had really bad sore throat, but only had "fever" around 37,2 degrees. But I very rarely have fever, supposedly (at least that's what I was told) people suffering from allergies are less prone to fever during infections.

I have vaccination scheduled at the end of May and my mom is already vaccinated.

No to all of them, but I wanna get vaccinated whenever I can, although I might be waiting a while since I’m a minor 

• Like 3
Purple Red Panda

Never had symptoms so I've never been tested. I work in a job that involves contact with the general public and I use a bus to get to work so I wouldn't be massively suprised if I have had it and was asymptomatic.

I will get my second vaccine soon.  I will have to start testing twice weekly once I return to teaching in schools next term.

• Like 2
BlakeTheNightowl~

i'm getting my vaccine booked ~!! 🙂

• Like 1

The university I go to sent out a signup form for vaccines a few days ago, but I'm not sure when the doses will actually materialize.

California opens up to all adults April 15. So... waiting until then.

• Like 2
Anthracite_Impreza

I'm pretty sure the times I thought I had it last year were hayfever, no to everything else. In all honesty I used isolating as an excuse to not have to go out, and it's meant I no longer feel obliged to go to my auntie's for two hours everyday eating things I don't want to, so it's been good in that aspect.

• Like 1

Wasn't sure how to answer Q2, given that I'd answered "No" to Q1. I nearly answered "it's possible" to Q3 because I did attend a fairly large international gathering in Feb 20 when it's very likely that Covid was much more widespread in the UK than was thought. But no symptoms afterwards, not that that means a lot.

I had jab 1 (of 2) 7 weeks ago. I should get jab 2 in 3 or 4 weeks and reach maximum protection 2 weeks after that.

I've got my (first) vaccination scheduled for Monday!

I work long-distance, don't have much contact with other people, and have never displayed symptoms, so I never felt I had reason to get tested. I suppose it's always possible I contracted it asymptomatically at some point -- though I very much doubt it, given that I would've likely passed it on to my mother, who is immunocompromised and definitely would've shown symptoms.

• Like 2

To all questions - no

I wonder if I would actually be sent for a test if I was either a close contact or symptomatic. 

1 hour ago, Artemis42 said:

although I might be waiting a while since I’m a minor 

yeah the one in NZ isn't available for anyone under 16 and the rest aren't available for anyone under 18. They haven't been safety tested in those age groups yet. Though even the adult one hasn't actually been adequately safety tested yet given the short amount of time it's been in production, especially given the mutating nature of the virus itself.

48 minutes ago, Midland Tyke said:

maximum protection

Don't let your guard down just because you've been jabbed. It's not some magic pill that will absolutely protect you from Covid. If anything you MAY experience less severe symptoms if you do catch it, but that's only if you catch the exact strain they vaxxed you against (there are multiple strains) and if that particular strain hasn't mutated by that point. I worry that people will start letting their guard down with regards to taking steps to protect themselves against Covid based on misplaced belief in the efficiency of a vaccine that hasn't had time to be adequately tested yet (for either efficiency or safety)

There's also a chance these vaccines will increase the rapidity with which the virus mutates 😕 

Janus the Fox

There’s belief in the Family that we all had it like October-November 2019, long before it was tracked and known well, otherwise had a Community Covid Test that wheee negative.  Parents are in their 60s and are partially vaccinated, Mother has had a known Vaccine Injury causing Bells Palsy.  My BF is partially vaccinated and has been unwell ever since, I haven’t heared from them since telling me, an aunt had the vaccine and soon died, she had lung cancer and smoking related conditions, a distant cousin died from Covid itself, multiple risk factors.  Not planning on it yet myself, I have genuine health concerns and might be worth continuing voluntary Shielding until Herd Immunity is achieved, which is not much different to normal routine apart from 1 day a week essential medication and persons, food shop, full gloved and masked.

55 minutes ago, Midland Tyke said:

Wasn't sure how to answer Q2, given that I'd answered "No" to Q1.

If you haven't gotten tested at all then you haven't tested positive, have you?

4 minutes ago, PanFicto. said:

Don't let your guard down just because you've been jabbed. It's not some magic pill that will absolutely protect you from Covid. If anything you MAY experience less severe symptoms if you do catch it, but that's only if you catch the exact strain they vaxxed you against (there are multiple strains) and if that particular strain hasn't mutated by that point. I worry that people will start letting their guard down with regards to taking steps to protect themselves against Covid based on misplaced belief in the efficiency of a vaccine that hasn't had time to be adequately tested yet (for either efficiency or safety)

There's also a chance these vaccines will increase the rapidity with which the virus mutates 😕 

I'm intending to be cautious. But also intending to do some things I haven't done/felt safe doing, since September. But doing them cautiously with a glance over my shoulders and ahead and left and right, too.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Snao Cone said:

If you haven't gotten tested at all then you haven't tested positive, have you?

Indeed. I wondered to skip the question altogether (if that was possible) given that there was only one possible correct answer for anyone answering "No" to Q1.

I've been lucky and never picked it up, as far as I know. I wasn't sick for all of 2020 actually, thanks to constant hand-washing and masking. 

I was part of the first phase of vaccinations and got the Pfizer vaccine a few months ago. Had a bit of a fever after the second shot and a sore arm both times, but nothing unmanageable. The peace of mind is wonderful, though I'm still careful and still mask/social distance. 

• Like 1
Knight of Cydonia

Didn't have any tests but never had any covid symptons and basically haven't left my house unless I needed groceries. So I feel confident in saying I haven't had it.

Just got vaccinated a few hours ago though! It was the J&J vaccine so the one shot was all I need. I have a bit of a sore and numb/tingly arm so far, but it's getting better. We'll see how tomorrow goes.

• Like 1

Not sure. I had some unusual symptoms just over a year ago after a trip to the grocery store, after the usual signs of me coming down with something which doesn't happen much anymore. I spent a couple of days hacking but that's it.

With all this isolation my weight is higher and my mental health worse than they've ever been before, except for when I wasn't getting any treatment at all. But then again, I suppose nothing else matters when one misstep in regards to virus safety could cause one's social standing to collapse.

Thanks for the support Subi.

Never had a test, never felt like I had covid, and I'm partially vaccinated. I'll get my second shot on the 21st. : ) 

• Like 2
Anthracite_Impreza
13 minutes ago, Janus DarkFox said:

There’s belief in the Family that we all had it like October-November 2019

You know, oddly enough, my father thinks that too. We were both unwell around that time - it was the only time I've ever had actual flu I think (if I ever had it before it was so minor as to be less noticeable than cold) - and I've heard some others say similar things. Guess we'll never know.

• Like 1
Unleash the Echidnas
On 4/10/2021 at 4:12 PM, PanFicto. said:

If anything you MAY experience less severe symptoms if you do catch it, but that's only if you catch the exact strain they vaxxed you against (there are multiple strains) and if that particular strain hasn't mutated by that point.

All evidence I'm currently aware of, mercifully, indicates this is incorrect. All of the major vaccines currently approved look fairly effective for serious illness or death across the major variants (501Y.V1/B.1.1.7, 501Y.V2/B.1.135, 501Y.V3/P1), with fairly effective often meaning 90+%. There are substantial variations for less severe symptoms—I've seen as low as 30% for some vaccine-variant combinations, though it remains early enough studies often have limited n—and very likely transmissibility remains high with some combinations, though that's harder to measure.

This is unsurprising. Most vaccines target the spike protein and the currently sequenced mutations all make relatively small adjustments to the overall shape of the spike.

None of that changes the evolutionary basics, though. If one doesn't want to deal with ongoing SARS-CoV-2 mutations then Europe and Americas need to get their act together like Africa, Asia, and Oceana did and shut down their case rates (like any broad, sweeping statement exceptions apply to this but it's broadly true).

• Like 6
BlakeTheNightowl~

icut losses with people who don't get vaxxed 

I have never had a COVID test and have not ever had any reason to suspect I really ever had it. We discovered I was immune-compromised around the time the pandemic was just getting started in the US, and thus I was pulled out of my then job shortly after the lockdown and ever since I have been extremely careful with any outings. Like 98% of my outings have been for doctor's office visits.

I am fully vaccinated now. I just hit the two week mark after my second dose yesterday. I got to go out a little (double-masked) but I am still going to be super careful. I know that fully vaccinated for me might not be the same as it is for other people.

• Like 5
2 hours ago, BlakeTheNightowl~ said:

i'm getting my vaccine booked ~!! 🙂

lol! Got tired of staying at home, did you? ^_^

Last time I heard about the vaccine, they say it was 96% effective; but that was old information. . .

I think the success rate went up since then.

I would only consider getting the vaccine if it was 98 - 99% successful; but that's just me.

Either way, good luck!

Pray and keep safe! 😃

• Like 1
Lord Jade Cross
1 hour ago, PanFicto. said:

This is the exact thing that people have been warned about and the thing they aren't doing. Already met a few "I don't need to take any precautions, I got vaccinated"

I'm just gonna sit by and watch the covid cases continue spiking because of people like that and the flea brained politicians

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Comrade Jade Cross said:

This is the exact thing that people have been warned about and the thing they aren't doing. Already met a few "I don't need to take any precautions, I got vaccinated"

I'm just gonna sit by and watch the covid cases continue spiking because of people like that and the flea brained politicians

Wow. . . that's crazy. . .

People would just go YOLO (if that doesn't make me sound old) after they take the vaccine?

That's just dumb!

Of course, I really shouldn't be too surprised though.

People say the same thing about STIs (STD); how they'll be reckless if there is a cure for A.I.D.S., or how they can still be with someone who has Syphilis and just go get a cure or something.

People are dumb. 😟