Flower Power

5 hours ago, harmonic turquoise said:

@bobbypin I really like the colour of those roses. I'm so glad to have you back.

Thank you 🤗

• Like 4

My hippeastrum bulb has a bud appearing at last.  No pics yet - nothing much to see, but the promise is there. :) 

• Like 5

How about some "snow/frost flowers" from yesterday?

45174.jpg

Spoiler

45173.jpg

45172.jpg

• Like 8

Indoor blooms at the moment.

Hyacinths.  One stem had already grown longer than the others when the basket was given to me.  Still pretty though. I love indoor bulbs.  The marbled blue and white reminds me of a soap you could buy years ago that was sort of egg shaped and marbled.

20221215-110958-resized.jpg

20221215-111043-resized.jpg

Christmas cactus.  I found this one at the local garden centre to add to my collection.  I think the flower will be a bicolour pink and white when fully open.

• Like 8
harmonic turquoise

I was worried about where this thread was going to go as winter is approaching and the number of plants is dwindling, but it looks like it's going to be ok. There are also snow/frost flowers that can only be seen in winter. They are very nice. Here are some pics of cyclamen I just took.

2022-12-17-Cyclamen-01.jpg

2022-12-17-Cyclamen-02.jpg

• Like 8

I love cyclamen, @harmonic turquoise

My hyacinth basket is doing well.  The tall marbled blue flower seems to be a different variety to the others.  It still looks pretty, in a way the change of height and pattern almost enhances the appearance.

20221219-132243-resized.jpg

• Like 8
8 hours ago, Mizzletoe said:

My hyacinth basket is doing well.  The tall marbled blue flower seems to be a different variety to the others.  It still looks pretty, in a way the change of height and pattern almost enhances the appearance.

Pretty.

Yes, the difference works well together.

• Like 3

Some indoor plants. A dracaena, an anthurium, an alocasia, and partly visible to the right a fine specimen of Cattus Superbus Sleepii.

20221227-123341-resized.jpg

• Like 7

Happy New Year @harmonic turquoiseand the rest of the Flower Power gang!  No pictures today, as the weather is wet, dark and depressing, but there are hellebores in bloom in the garden, and snowdrops are showing buds already.

• Like 3

The daffs here are emerging from the soil, but not in flower yet.  

20230128-153323-resized.jpg

The delicate beauty of the white grape hyacinth.

• Like 7

I have some photos I took last year that I never posted. Like maybe I had other photos from those days I liked more and posted instead. I thought I'd share these since I'm not seeing many flowers while out and about at the moment.

PXL-20220908-202049782.jpg

Spoiler

PXL-20220919-145326686.jpg

PXL-20220919-144543767.jpg

PXL-20220905-204904490.jpg

PXL-20220908-200105777.jpg

PXL-20220824-214157626.jpg

PXL-20220918-145212091.jpg

• Like 7

Hippie flower power, eh? :D 

(I like the dog/rail poster in the background, too) :D 

• Like 3

The shapes of those chrysanthemums are incredible, @harmonic turquoise

The hippeastrum has a fully opened second flower now.

Fo-Yg-M0a-Xg-AAJXA.jpg

The severe frosts this year have damaged plants in my garden that have been fine for years.  Two cordylines have been killed - I am sure they are damaged beyond recovery.  A third has several brown, frost damaged leaves, but hopefully has survived.  A golden choisya has lots of dead brown growth that will need cutting back in March.

• Like 6

These have started showing up here already:

48558.jpg

We call them snowdrops in Swedish ("snödroppar"), and it seems maybe they're called the same in English too? The "vintergäck" ('defiers/mockers of winter'), which seem to be called winter aconite, have also started showing, though I took no pictures of those this time. Still feels a bit early for them to be out already 😕 even though they are really lovely flowers and I appreciate them.

• Like 7