Flower Power

2 hours ago, Elfe said:

I have spotted some potential flower power contributors in this forum @Sean_Bird and @FreeWalker we officially welcome you to this thread 🌼

Flowers!! 🌼🌹🌻💐🏵️ I'll be back with mine as this city blooms more. 

• Like 4
4 hours ago, Elfe said:

Budding Thought: Baby shark-a do do do do do baby shark ...

spacer.png

That flower is amazing. What is it?

And here is a hint for the critter game:

Spoiler

Peer into the center of the flower.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, jkmlynch said:

That flower is amazing. What is it?

And here is a hint for the critter game:

Reveal hidden contents

Peer into the center of the flower.

Not sure, these flowers are found in abundance in my city... will google and let you know.

spacer.png

Common Camus, painted on a utility box. Before there was a city here these were plentiful, and the tubers were a staple part of the local tribes' diet in the summer months. They grow right alongside the aptly named Death Camus, whose main difference is white flowers rather than these blue tinged blooms.

• Like 7
Blue eyes white dragon

20210422-153710.jpg

I posted ones of the same type before but these are fresh

20210422-153812.jpg

• Like 6

Red Vein Indian Mallow

This is an old one I took a photo of on holiday in the southern states of America

Budding thought: No feat is too small in the right perspective.

Red Vein Indian Mallow

• Like 7

I wanted to find a flower with shadow in its name for today's entry. Alas, no such luck. Maybe someone else could post a picture of a flower with shadow in its name. 5 made up points will be awarded to that kind person.

Here is a flower I found on one of my rambles. Foxglove beardtongue, I think. Great name. But no shadow.

spacer.png

• Like 6
harmonic turquoise

A flower with shadow in its name, it's a difficult task. I'll try to figure out.
By the way, today's my entry is poppy,  I think. Iceland poppy? It's like an AVEN garden here. I'm very happy to see more and more different flowers every time I visit!

2021-04-24.jpg

• Like 8

These aren't technically flowers, but the leaves act like flowers in spring, and I think they're pretty. So without further ado, proudly presenting... The Japanese spindle! 

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 6
6 hours ago, Harmonic turquoise said:

A flower with shadow in its name, it's a difficult task. I'll try to figure out.

Thank you!

• Like 2

It is a rainy day here. Luckily I have lots of flower photos on my phone. Found this common ninebark growing in valley glade.

spacer.png

• Like 7

spacer.png

Violets: their delicate flowers a fine garnish to most salads. I've also heard them called Johnny jump ups, which is fitting for a flower growing between a retainer and the sidewalk.

• Like 7

The dogwoods are in bloom right now. Makes for some lovely scenery.

spacer.png  

Edited by jkmlynch
Forgot to add the picture. One of those days.
  • Like 6

The white flowers behind the hedge are my crabapple trees in full bloom right now.

Spoiler

Backyard-April2021b.jpg

• Like 5
harmonic turquoise
5 minutes ago, daveb said:

The white flowers behind the hedge are my crabapple trees in full bloom right now.

Reveal hidden contents

Backyard-April2021b.jpg

Oh, it's really beautiful!

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, Harmonic turquoise said:

I'm wondering are these flowers ranunculus?

They could be. Blooms and stems look right. But I would not want to say yes without seeing the leaves. Maybe someone else will be able to give a definitive answer.

• Like 2
harmonic turquoise
9 minutes ago, jkmlynch said:

They could be. Blooms and stems look right. But I would not want to say yes without seeing the leaves. Maybe someone else will be able to give a definitive answer.

I didn't pay much attention to the shape of the leaves. But it's fun to learn the names of plants. From now on I will try to observe them more, not only take pictures.

• Like 2

spacer.png

The bush sits on the far end of the lot, where no casual shopper cares to park. Unseen and unnamed, the forgotten bush does its best, but no one seems to care after the first week of spring. Fear not little shrub, you're loved here. 

Spoiler

Even if I don't know what species you are.

• Like 6

I believe this is scarlet beebalm, but I am not positive of that. No matter, it is still an interesting flower. Sorry for the slightly blurred image. Windy day when I took this.

spacer.png

• Like 5
harmonic turquoise

Today's flowers are California poppy, I guess. The language of flowers is "wealth", "success" and "do not refuse me". They are so pretty, I can't refuse them.

2021-04-27.jpg

• Like 7

Took a stroll through my mom's yard (avid gardener) and found this barberton daisy with raindrops on its petals.

spacer.png

• Like 5