Flower Power

3 hours ago, jkmlynch said:

I think that is wild bergamot, but I am not positive. 

Ah, don't worry we have a few in-house experts here who will confirm it for us! To be honest, I was clueless about most of the flowers until fellow aven members were kind enough to help me out with the details  :P

6 minutes ago, Elfe said:

Ah, don't worry we have a few in-house experts here who will confirm it for us! To be honest, I was clueless about most of the flowers until fellow aven members were kind enough to help me out with the details

Great. I took that picture almost a year ago and have never been able to figure out what it is for certain.

Already running late and I must skedaddle, but I wanted to pop by with this purple passion flower. The fruit is quite tasty (bit like a pomegranate in texture). I promise I will post a non-purple colored flower in the future. 

spacer.png

• Like 8
6 hours ago, jkmlynch said:

purple passion flower

almost looks more like some sea creature :) 

• Like 3
7 hours ago, jkmlynch said:

Already running late and I must skedaddle, but I wanted to pop by with this purple passion flower. The fruit is quite tasty (bit like a pomegranate in texture). I promise I will post a non-purple colored flower in the future. 

spacer.png

Wooooooowwwwwww. 💜 you can post purple flowers for life and no one, i mean no one shall complain. 💜

I didn't get a chance to step out today. Thanks to my insane work load. I hope i will  be able to click something tomorrow. But thanks you all for keeping this thread alive! 🌼

1 hour ago, Elfe said:

you can post purple flowers for life and no one, i mean no one shall complain.

There will be others. I enjoy taking photos of flowers. Spending a moment a day to enjoy a seemingly minor thing can help immensely when life goes hectic.

1 hour ago, Elfe said:

Thanks to my insane work load.

Three hours of sleep last night for me, and I probably will not get much more tonight...Or for the next couple months. I will be a grump by the time summer arrives.

Found this hibiscus in a swamp inhabited by a myriad of snakes. Can anyone spot the wee critter in the photo? I am working out of the study on a hill all day, so I can stop in periodically to award five made-up points to anyone who locates it.

spacer.png

Edited by jkmlynch
Edited to add the underlined word. My brain is moving faster than I can type today.
  • Like 7
50 minutes ago, jkmlynch said:

Found this hibiscus in a swamp inhabited by a myriad of snakes. Can anyone spot the wee critter in the photo? I am working out of the study on a hill all day, so I can stop in periodically to award five made-up to anyone who locates it.

spacer.png

Spoiler

Right top corner on the leaf?

quadfasciata
3 hours ago, jkmlynch said:

Found this hibiscus in a swamp inhabited by a myriad of snakes. Can anyone spot the wee critter in the photo? I am working out of the study on a hill all day, so I can stop in periodically to award five made-up to anyone who locates it.

spacer.png

Spoiler

Is there a bee inside it?

• Like 1

@trifasciata Well spotted. For your made-up points I award you a collection of marine animals since your profile picture appears to be some sort of squid/jelly. 🐳🐸🐟🐙🐬

• Like 2
quadfasciata
9 minutes ago, jkmlynch said:

@trifasciata Well spotted. For your made-up points I award you a collection of marine animals since your profile picture appears to be some sort of squid/jelly. 🐳🐸🐟🐙🐬

Thank you! I shall treasure them!

• Like 2
Blue eyes white dragon

There were growing when I was out watering my other plants that have not yet started growing

20210419-195055.jpg

20210419-194930.jpg

• Like 8

I have two purple clematis which aren’t quite in flower yet. But I’ll report back when they do. Hopefully. 😊

• Like 4

It is a cold day outside the study on a hill so I am in the mood for a bright, cheery flower. This primrose will do.

spacer.png

• Like 8
Sarah-Sylvia
22 hours ago, Harmonic turquoise said:

It is good to pay attention to nature.

spacer.png

Do you find a lot of flowers, is it in public places like along the road, or closer to yards?

harmonic turquoise
1 hour ago, Sarah-Sylvia said:

Do you find a lot of flowers, is it in public places like along the road, or closer to yards?

In my city, we are trying to become a city of flowers , so there are flowers everywhere. I took those pictures in the public places like parks,  roadside and around the station like that. On my way to and from work, or when I take a walk, I meet flowers as if I'm finding a treasure.

• Like 6
Sarah-Sylvia
1 minute ago, Harmonic turquoise said:

we are trying to become a city of flowers

Wow! That's awesome ❤️

• Like 4