Newsweek - "Asexual Meaning as First International Asexuality Day Celebrated Around the World"

scarletlatitude

scarletlatitude

https://www.newsweek.com/international-asexuality-day-first-celebrated-world-1581256

6 April 2021

This one has a paywall, but you can read so many Newsweek articles for free so... maybe you can access it? Paywalls are :( 

The inaugural International Asexuality Day takes place on April 6, 2021, and is designed to celebrate asexuality and the work of advocates around the world.

IAD is the result of a coordinated collaboration between various international groups from more than 20 countries, and is open to all. The annual event is championing four themes this year; advocacy, celebration, education and solidarity.

The focal point is countries not within the Anglosphere, and sits alongside other events, such as Ace Week, formerly Asexual Awareness Week founded in 2010, which takes place from October 24—30 this year.

spencexists

Still pissed my mom wouldn't let me make a cake.

This is awesome; I didn't know we have our own special day.

It was really successful, which was great. Had to deal with a lot of aphobes, but it also reached out to a lot of people!

Archived